Customer Support - This Will Not Stand
5022 28 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb78b2e1d
lvl.2

United States

DJI - You've Just Lost Another Professional Customer...

Unbelievable. Thank you for sincerely assisting me in this matter (haha), respecting my time (two months wasted), and respecting my professionalism, (I offerred to keep this out of the media so as to not tarnish your brand - that ends today).
----------
In addition to the video I possess of the incident (from another source), three sworn statements from witnesses, and multiple reports and findings from Federal Regulatory Authorities, you continue to insist nothing was wrong with the battery to the aircraft. In fact, I recently recieved this gem:
----------

Now please view the Healthydrones (TM) Logfile, attached:

-------------------
Earlier Email from Customer Support...(Note the WRONG AIRCRAFT IS LISITED)
I did operate the (out of control aircraft) to steer it away from the busy interstate, as I have desrcibed numerous times to your team.
-------------------

Subject: CAS-322862-W4Y7G9 [CAS-322862-W4Y7G9] CRM:0463000000639
Date: November 23, 2016 at 5:38 AM
To: Jerry Sigado sigadoj@me.com
Dear Jerry,
DJI Support here. Thanks for your patience.
We have analyzed the flight records and found that:
1) The drone was flying under P-GPS mode, and responded to the remote controller’s commands well during flight;
2) At flight time 14’07’’, the drone was with 103 meters height and 369.6 meters away from home point. There was only 22% battery
life left. There was an Intelligent Low Battery RTH (Return To Home) popup on the app since the battery life is only enough for a
RTH. However, The pilot has cancelled it;
3) At flight time 14’53’’, the drone was with 172 meters height and 541.1 meters away from home point. There was only 16% battery
life left. The battery life is only enough for landing the drone, so the drone started a critical low battery landing;
4) When the drone was landing, pilot still operated the drone, which drained the battery;
5) At flight time 17’50’’, the drone was with 72 meters height and 353.1 meters away from home point. The flight record was ended
because the battery was dead.
The attachments are screenshots for your reference.
It’s a pilot’s error (not scheduling the battery usage well) instead of product malfunction and there won’t be any warranty.
We really appreciate your choosing DJI. We would love to have you continue using our product, so we would like to provide you a
15% discount coupon for the item linked below:
http://store.dji.com/cn/product/phantom-4-aircraft-excludes-remote-controller-and-battery-charger
If you like to accept the offer, please reply to my email affirmatively, for example “I accept the offer. Please send me the coupon”.
After your confirmation, normally, we will send you the coupon by email within 3 working days.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Warm Regards,
DJI Support
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments
thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

HealthyDrones_Battery Cell.pdf

447.68 KB, Down times: 8

Battery Volts & Amps_Catastrophic Flight.pdf

681.45 KB, Down times: 10

HealthyDrones_Control Analytics copy 2.pdf

614.01 KB, Down times: 0

HealthyDrones_Control Analytics copy.pdf

614.01 KB, Down times: 10

HealthyDrones_Control Analytics.pdf

614.01 KB, Down times: 3

HealthyDrones_GPS Sattelite Strength copy.pdf

668.04 KB, Down times: 0

HealthyDrones_GPS Sattelite Strength.pdf

668.04 KB, Down times: 2

HealthyDrones_GPS Sattelite Strength.pdf

668.04 KB, Down times: 0

HealthyDrones_Voltage Analytics copy 2.pdf

678.59 KB, Down times: 3

HealthyDrones_Voltage Analytics copy.pdf

678.59 KB, Down times: 0

HealthyDrones_Voltage Analytics.pdf

678.59 KB, Down times: 14

2017-1-10
Use props
fansb78b2e1d
lvl.2

United States

Attachments
2017-1-10
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

cant download or wiew
2017-1-10
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

HealthyDrones data is not 100% accurate, only DJI can decode the flight logs.
However it looks from the HD data that you just flew your Phantom until the battery died in the air ?
So it looks like 100% pilot error, warnings were given in the app and you continued to try and override the low battery auto landing.
Threating to go running to the media with your story just makes you sound childish.
Lets see these  "sworn statements from witnesses, and multiple reports and findings from Federal Regulatory Authorities"
Good luck...
2017-1-10
Use props
nash09
New

Tunisia

need help with phantom 3 4k please help http://forum.dji.com/thread-79718-1-1.html
2017-1-10
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

OK, I'm able to download, but you may want to edit the post with the attachments as it appears you've got duplicates (and triplicates) there of the same file, so a little confusing.  

I "think" from what I'm seeing, there was a low voltage warning at 45 and 52 seconds into the flight.  
Also seeing Cell 4 issues early on, and some control delays ..  
At around 14 minutes in, you're getting more Low Voltage warnings..  
At 16:28, you were a little over 200'  up and 240' away from home.  

What I can't tell (or see?) is if you were getting battery low warnings why at that point you didn't just bring it home (since you were so close)?  It appears as though you increased altitude and distance quite a bit after those warnings.  Also, I'm not sure if (as it appears) that I would have kept flying with low battery warnings less than a minute into the flight.  There could certainly be some battery anomalies, but it does appear that you were close enough to home and with still enough voltage to return to home (manually or automatic) at that 16:28 point.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Hard to tell how much you were pushing the speed or fighting wind, etc. from the data points that might drain the battery anyway, but I can't see what caused you to go further after the warnings vs. finishing coming home when you were so close..  At that altitude and distance, it could have been visible..  Again, sorry if I'm missing something (other than a possible faulty battery)...

2017-1-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would have to agree with their report given the evidence you provided. There were 11 warnings regarding propulsion output being limited, all of which you chose to disregard. But the critical battery warning at 14:52, which you chose to override and continue until the battery ran out of power 2 minutes and 22 seconds later. That would have been more than enough time to land safely.

2017-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your attachments aren't able to be read now - did you know you can post a single link to the Healthydrones report, there's no need to post a pdf of each page.
But Healthydrones only ever shows a simple summary and isn't much use investigating an incident.
If you want to be able to see and show what actually happened, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
2017-1-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Canceling a low battery RTH and continuing to fly the craft not back to yourself sounds like it's completely your fault. Is there something else you're not explaining that would make any of us not think that?
2017-1-10
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-1-10
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

PS; I don't have a dog in this fight but I read the thread title in the dude's voice, man.
2017-1-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some people just need to get their crap out, they'll probably never come back to read the thread they started because they know they screwed up. Not sure what they think anyone in the media would do about this or that they'd have even the slightest impact on DJI.
2017-1-10
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Jerry's Healthy Drones flight link can be found here.   Full telemetry recorded in the csv file.   Nothing wrong with the aircraft.  Deliberately ignored multiple warnings, and ultimately a critical battery AutoLanding by thrashing it at 38mph at 500ft.  Flew within 200ft of home during this time but did not land, pushed it away to 1100ft before the battery shut down.  In ATTI mode for the whole flight, probably unexpectedly.  Yanking on the sticks like a monkey on crack.  So close to CSC on so many occasions.  Was spinning like a top in a straight line while climbing in the last minute, no idea what he was trying to achieve.   Nowhere near the interstate.
crack.png

I'm surprised DJI offered him 15% off.  The "wrong aircraft" was offered because the Phantom 3 Pro is no longer manufactured, so they offered the Phantom 4.
2017-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"DJI - You've Just Lost Another Professional Customer..."

Hmm .. a really professional one at that

"Unbelievable. Thank you for sincerely assisting me in this matter (haha), respecting my time (two months wasted), and respecting my professionalism, (I offerred to keep this out of the media so as to not tarnish your brand - that ends today)"

What's really unbelievable is that you believe that you have any sort of case or that anyone would support you.
You would have to come up with an amazing story that makes the evidence shown so far irrelevant.
So ... what's the amazing story ?

"In addition to the video I possess of the incident (from another source), three sworn statements from witnesses, and multiple reports and findings from Federal Regulatory Authorities," ....

And what do the witnesses say that discounts the obvious cause of your incident ?
What does your video show?
And what do "multiple reports and findings from Federal Regulatory Authorities" have to do with any of this?

This is a joke isn't it?

2017-1-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps DJI need to update their warning messages so that users are left in no doubt:-

2017-1-11
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Sorry you wrecked your bird, Bro.  It happens.  But this time it SOUNDS like operator error.
2017-1-11
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

this guy is useless I like how what did I read 11 times he refuse4d the warnings hahaha, yeah hes got a good case going for himself. Id love to see him post here again. just to read the idiotic things hes got to back himself up by.
2017-1-11
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

It's not a glider. When the battery is almost dead you gotta land or you will crash.  smh
2017-1-11
Use props
AlecW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392247 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-11 07:44
Perhaps DJI need to update their warning messages so that users are left in no doubt:-

Sample

This guy obviously screwed up and wasn't paying any attention to his battery level with his drone far enough away I don't see how that's possible.

Having said that, I actually think there should be audible warnings for low sat counts and whenever you leave P mode (even if manually).  I had a close call with a house wall the other day which was entirely my fault but I would have landed a little quicker had I known I was down to only 5 sats.

After taking a pano with 14 sats at altitude came back down to 15 feet and flew between big pines trees and a tall house (creating a canyon).  It started acting a little odd but was so close to me I never checked the screen, the bird was not in atti but that's exactly what it felt like it so I focused on controling the bird.  I landed fairly quickly after almost hitting the side of the house.  Like I said as soon as I lost sats an audible warning would have had me landing much sooner.   Only after checking out the log did I realize what happened, which is good because there was nothing wrong with the drone, just the pilot.

This pic shows what happened, an audible warning when I lost most sats would have been nice.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.

Capture.PNG
2017-1-11
Use props
fans358e4877
New

United States

Oh my   What happened. Darn.
2017-1-11
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-1-11 04:44
Jerry's Healthy Drones flight link can be found here.   Full telemetry recorded in the csv file.   Nothing wrong with the aircraft.  Deliberately ignored multiple warnings, and ultimately a critical battery AutoLanding by thrashing it at 38mph at 500ft.  Flew within 200ft of home during this time but did not land, pushed it away to 1100ft before the battery shut down.  In ATTI mode for the whole flight, probably unexpectedly.  Yanking on the sticks like a monkey on crack.  So close to CSC on so many occasions.  Was spinning like a top in a straight line while climbing in the last minute, no idea what he was trying to achieve.   Nowhere near the interstate.
[view_image]

how did u see he was yanking on controls like a monkey on crack? Was it from one of the attachments ? Healthy drones does not have that info.. i wish it did....
But I agree, wow! What a totally irresponsible way to fly! This proved DJI is actually customer centric, trying to do anything for him!
2017-1-11
Use props
fans358a48e9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-11 09:05
how did u see he was yanking on controls like a monkey on crack? Was it from one of the attachments ? Healthy drones does not have that info.. i wish it did....
But I agree, wow! What a totally irresponsible way to fly! This proved DJI is actually customer centric, trying to do anything for him!

What a muppet! One less nutter without a drone. Why do these clowns think that the louder they shout the more people will take notice? As Forest Gump said " STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES"
2017-1-11
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

"Yanking on the sticks like a monkey on crack."

That's hilarious. I'll have to remember that one.
2017-1-11
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-11 09:05

It does.  From one of the attachments I clicked on the first flight record on the list and it took me to this shared flight.  On the general/overview page you will see two links.

hd.png
The first lets you download the kml file which you can open in Google Earth to follow the flight path in 3D.  The other link allows you to download the csv file containing all the telemetry, showing stick movements, distances, headings, warning messages, speed etc etc. just like you see on Phantom Help.  Open this in a spreadsheet program like Excel.
csv.png
I highlight the values for left stick vertical/horizontal, and right stick vertical/horizontal.  I use a conditional format to colour a centered stick (=1024)  to yellow.   Low values I colour green and high values I colour red.  If the stick is at the extreme left/down (=364) I put a green border around the cell.  If the stick is extreme right/up (=1684) it gets a red border.  

It makes it easy (for me at least) to visualise the stick movements -- in this case there are many disturbingly severe diagonal stick combinations, and very close to performing inward and outward CSC on a few occasions.  The moves are pretty ridiculous and going from extreme to extreme.  This is exemplified in the last maneuver that looks like a spring before the aircraft is lost.  The last move was climbing at full stick, full forward, rotating fully right while crabbing fully left.  Looks like it was being flown by a 5 year old or... a monkey on crack*.

*I read this in a post a while ago discussing CSC and how it was too easy to "accidentally" hit one of these positions and fall from the sky.  The reply by Labroides (I believe) was something along the lines of you wouldn't hit this configuration in normal flight unless you were swinging on the sticks like a monkey on crack.  It stuck with me as a great description.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans1db81d5e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft
United States

Sounds like pilot error to me
2017-1-11
Use props
BDeJonge1
lvl.1

United States

Not to mention he was at over 700 ft. That is illegal in the United States. 400 ft maximum.
2017-1-11
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry this guy dosnt deserve to have the drone - if he makes all these schoolboy errors and then has the nerve to bleat about it here - !
2017-1-11
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Wait...
Why did you try to keep flying when the battery was low?
Did you factor in wind?
Why are you flying over busy streets?
Why did you break the FAA laws?
Can I have that 15% discount?

2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I am closing this thread as it has incited to much negativity. Although I don't agree with the user's assessment or condemnation of DJI, his opinion should still be heard on the forum. If the OP wants to recreate his thread with a more constructive tone he is free to do so.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules