Abnormal Battery Drain Rate
813 1 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YamaHammerYT
lvl.1

United States

Hey all! DJI Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, Hero 4, and Flysight FPV system.

I've noticed recently that my battery life has been inconsistent at best. It's been pretty cold out (20-40 F), though the batteries have been charged/stored in a 70 degree house and basically flown out the front door. My batteries seem to last anywhere from 6-10 minutes depending, which is down from my usual 11-14. One particularly notable incident happened after I flew for three minutes (cars skating on ice out front), parked the drone with the battery out for about an hour, then went back out to drain it. Battery started at 50% (oddly low), then dropped from 50% to 25% over the course of about 100 yards.

I'm pretty sure the batteries have been abused by the previous owner, as they came in the mail with a full charge (god knows how long they'd been sitting with that charge) and one (often the most egregious offender) is starting to bloat. Not bad, but noticeable. Both batteries show about 35 cycles on the clock and 89% charge capacity.

So, is this behavior supposed to be normal in cooler weather (though again, the batteries should have been 70+ degrees at time of launch), or are my batteries just getting long in the tooth from mistreatment?

Thanks in advance!      
2017-1-10
Use props
YamaHammerYT
lvl.1

United States

Bump. Bueller?
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules