Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile - Terrain Running Test
1283 2 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

I took my DJI Osmo Mobile for a field test on a hike in SoCal near Westlake Village on the weekend with my S7 Edge.

While walking along the spine of the mountain, I decided to really put the Osmo Mobile through it's paces and run as fast as I could over the extremely uneven terrain.

This is the result:

A couple of notes:

The lighting is a little off during the middle (hard to make out details) as I was running towards the sun

The hike was approx 3 hours long and I filmed every 5-10 minutes or so - less frequently towards the end. The phone lasted the duration with about 2% battery by the end of it. The Osmo Mobile had

I would be interested to know what battery it would have had if i'd put it on airplane mode, just because in the mountains you get no signal, so the phone is constantly looking for signal, which supposedly drains battery quicker.

The Osmo Mobile had approx 25% battery by the end of the hike
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for sharing. You'll phone should have 10-20% of extra battery if you turn the airplane mode on in the first place
2017-1-11
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-11 01:39
Thanks for sharing. You'll phone should have 10-20% of extra battery if you turn the airplane mode on in the first place

Excellent, thanks for that additional info!
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules