Water resistance for the P5?
765 7 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

What do it think? Would be helpful for flying on misty days or in very light drizzle. I think it would be useful because it's one thing you don't have to worry about.

This will make or break my purchase.
2017-1-10
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Oops meant to add a poll, too late now unless an admin would like to add that in
2017-1-10
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

And/or put some pontoons on it or in it to make it float for easier retrieval and to minimize water damage.
2017-1-11
Use props
Untheory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58045 ft
France

I think the drone really needs holes in the body to extract the heat so maybe a floating system would be better
2017-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-11 09:39
And/or put some pontoons on it or in it to make it float for easier retrieval and to minimize water damage.

Although the idea of pontoons appeals to nervous flyers thinking it would be a safety measure, it actually is the opposite.
Pontoons will eat your battery and flight time because of the increased weight and drag.
They will slow your Phantom's speed at the same time as making it more likely to be blown away or have difficulty dealing with winds that otherwise would be no problem.
And on top  of that they get in frame if you are photographing.
There's the added difficulty of designing them to keep your Phantom out of the water - not as easy as you'd imagine.
2017-1-11
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

I think water resistance just enough to protect from droplets of water is enough
2017-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

RainXxX the sh!t out of it.... Hahaha
Oh it will, float alright.... Not. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-11
Use props
shephard101
New

United States

Water resistant and it could dive in the water. I think it is too much beside, put the leica lenses , if smartphone can do, why drones can't?
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules