copy the videos form SD card to your PC
1081 6 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

I seem to be brain dead today.I can seem to get my video from my SD card onto my computer
I pulled my card out and put it into my computer slot and the video comes up on my computer
and I can watch it just fine,but as soon as I remove the card the video goes away.I am not real
computer savvy.How do I save the video to the computer?
2017-1-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drag the file to your desktop.
2017-1-10
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Thank you trance.Worked great
2017-1-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem, in the future just set up a folder for your videos to put them in so you don't clutter your desktop. I use a separate external hard drive since shooting in higher resolution takes up a good amount of space pretty quickly.
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

on windows u can right click the card (on the left in file exploder) tell it to open as portable device, then u can right click on a new device that shows above on the left, and say "import media files" - then u can go into options and setup some stuff.. this way the videos and photos can be pulled off into nicely ordered folders and so on... but the "other way" works too ;)
2017-1-10
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I have one folder for photo dump and one for video dump. After I drag the files out of sd card i delete sd. I have a folder for finished photos and one for finished vids.  It sounds like a lot of folders but for me it helps me control what I keep and what I through out
2017-1-10
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2

United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-10 15:36
I have one folder for photo dump and one for video dump. After I drag the files out of sd card i delete sd. I have a folder for finished photos and one for finished vids.  It sounds like a lot of folders but for me it helps me control what I keep and what I through out

Thanks for all of the good info.You guys are a great help for all of us newbies.The videos do require
a lot of space.Thanks again for the quick response.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules