Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
6 TOP TIPS FOR FLYING DRONES IN SNOWY CONDITIONS
763 1 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MATTHEW AMESBUR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306302 ft
United Kingdom

Across Europe and parts of America winter has arrived and with the UK expecting heavy snowfall in the coming days I thought I would share some top tips about how to operate your drone safely in freezing conditions:

• The first thing that is nescessary when setting up to fly is to ensure that you dry the drone and the propellers completely to prevent them from freezing up during flight.
  • Secondly, I would advise that if it is snowing at the time of take off not to fly because the moisture could enter the motors nd freeze up, however if you do choose to fly while it is snowing be sure to set up the drone indors or under an umbrella to keep it dry.
  • Another Vital step to flying a drone successfully in the winter is to ensure that you keep the battery warm prior to take off. You can either do this by using a hand warmer in your pocket, or you could use the DJI battery heater View in the DJI Store
  • Step 4 is a relatively simple but effective way to operate a drone safely. This is to hover the drone at a very low altitude, i.e. 1m above the ground, for around two minutes in order for the drone to warm up and so that if anything goes wrong in the first two minutes of flight it will not be damaged.
  • Once you are airborne you must remember not to fligh quickly with full throttle but to be gentle and slow with the drone to keep the drone and its surroundings safe in such extreme weather.
  • The final tip is to avoid flying into clouds, the reason for this is because moisture could build up on the drone and by the motors and cause it to freeze up.

Hopefully these tips helped you, if you can think of any more feel free to comment below.

Check out my YouTube channel below and be sure to subscribe for upcoming videos that will include London, Classical England, Germany's national parks in the Snow, Venice, Skiing in Austria, Salzburg, Belfast and many more as the year goes on. All of my videos are filmed purely with either DJI products so be sure to check them out.

[url=<iframe width=][/url]

2017-1-10
Use props
MATTHEW AMESBUR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306302 ft
United Kingdom

Here is an example of one of my videos. If you would like to subscribe to my channel just click on the round "Europe in 4K" logo at the end of the video.

2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules