New killer of Phantom! ... They think so
2094 17 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

I was surprised by the conceit of an unknown manufacturer! )) Someone has built in his garage a new drone and wants for him as much money (without the discount and with VR glasses) as is the eminent the Phantom costs?!
DJI probably now will not sleep at night for fear that a new competitor appeared there ))

http://s.aliexpress.com/jeIviUBZ
2017-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looking at the specs it might provide some competition for the P2 series.  
What a shame DJI is on to the P4pro now and two generations ahead of that.
2017-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is the infamous Ehang company that is convinced that they will be making personal electric quadcopters to carry people around. They are very big on self-promotion, make delicious web sites and have a ridiculously over-hyped opinion of themselves. They also use a lot of computer generated images to promote products that do not actually exist.
2017-1-10
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-10 21:31
Looking at the specs it might provide some competition for the P2 series.  
What a shame DJI is on to the P4pro now and two generations ahead of that.

I think that development and production of a new good drone is an incredible hard business. I want to see more drone manufacturing companies in the world to increase the rivalry in technologies between them and to decrease in value. But this example is just funny)
2017-1-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-10 21:48
This is the infamous Ehang company that is convinced that they will be making personal electric quadcopters to carry people around. They are very big on self-promotion, make delicious web sites and have a ridiculously over-hyped opinion of themselves. They also use a lot of computer generated images to promote products that do not actually exist.

Agree with you. But interesting thing that in China people do not sit with folded hands but take up any business. Not always they do it perfectly, but such zeal deserves respect. Is not that in our country...
2017-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-11 00:23
Agree with you. But interesting thing that in China people do not sit with folded hands but take up any business. Not always they do it perfectly, but such zeal deserves respect. Is not that in our country...

'Not always they do it perfectly, but such zeal deserves respect.'

Normally I would agree with you, but eHang are just copying what is already out there. It is not as if they have introduced a revolutionary new concept in drones or anything like that, it is just more copycat stuff. For example, take a look at the camera they use, it is a blatant copy of a GoPro, nothing clever about that.

DJI, on the other hand, has progressed to the point where the camera on the P4Pro is very state-of-the-art, and way ahead of any of the competitive offerings.
2017-1-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-11 00:23

Aloha Somnium,

Your link has been changed to a leather purse site.  You may want to check it out.  I clicked on it three times.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-11
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-11 00:47
Aloha Somnium,

Your link has been changed to a leather purse site.  You may want to check it out.  I clicked on it three times.

mmm, wonder who was responsible for the change? {:4_154:}
2017-1-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lethal Posted at 2017-1-11 01:57
mmm, wonder who was responsible for the change?

Aloha Lethal,

The problem is his thread can now be considered SPAM.  He needs to fix it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-11 00:47
Aloha Somnium,

Sorry, it was promo page that already changed by Aliexpress.

I have found the direct link to their shop and have corrected it.
2017-1-11
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

does that mean the P 5 is just  around the corner ?
2017-1-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-11 09:30
does that mean the P 5 is just  around the corner ?

I do not want to see a new model so soon ... Because I just bought my the P4, and it's so frustrating when your model becomes old... ))
2017-1-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Lethal Posted at 2017-1-11 01:57
mmm, wonder who was responsible for the change?

You think that it is me? ))) Seems like I have decided to advertise these purses at drone-forum? )))
2017-1-11
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-11 18:30
You think that it is me? ))) Seems like I have decided to advertise these purses at drone-forum? )))

No, certainly not. Was thinking more along the lines of aliexpress changing the URL. Apologies if you thought otherwise.
2017-1-11
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Lethal Posted at 2017-1-11 20:53
No, certainly not. Was thinking more along the lines of aliexpress changing the URL. Apologies if you thought otherwise.

Not necessary to apologize
It's okay! )))
2017-1-19
Use props
C. Dave Pappas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
United States

What aliexpress does best, they sell copied junk. I'd hate to see the support that comes along with such junk, if there is any at all.
2017-1-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

C. Dave Pappas Posted at 2017-1-23 17:13
What aliexpress does best, they sell copied junk. I'd hate to see the support that comes along with such junk, if there is any at all.

Actually, what Aliexpress does is promote Chinese manufacturers, that is their main purpose. If those manufacturers produce junk copies, then that is what you get.
2017-1-23
Use props
Chadrob30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

I went through the whole China made stuff debate a few years ago. I bought an HPI Baja 1/5 scale RC buggy for $1100. While searching for hop ups, I came across a company (the name escapes me now) that was selling a 1 to 1 copy of the Baja, but with inferior parts at a fraction of the cost of the real deal. After some discussion with fellow hobbyists it was revealed that it is actually pretty common for a Chinese engineer to purchase plans and drawings of legitimate products and then copy them. Seems fairly commonplace in 2017, but a few years ago it was somewhat of a shock.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules