Newest FW ruined my P3A!!
2378 11 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f3dde9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732736 ft
Sweden

Ok, I made mistake and updated my P3A to the newest FW v1.10.90 and RC to 1.8. First of all this was the first FW update that failed (ended to solid red led on gimbal base and continuous screeee.... sound). Even tough the led was red, after boot the GO app showed that FW was updated to v1.10.9
I also updated the RC to FW 1.8 and tested if the phantom worked even though the update failed.
RC and GO connected and I got a VERY bad scrambled and laggy video feed. The video had a lot of digital glitches and the lag vas 3-5 seconds!! No doubt this bird was not flyable.
RC controls seem to work, I could start the motors and move gimbal but the video feed was useless.

I tried several times to re-install the firmware to the bird (I used the same exact SD card as always before) but no go, update failed! I downgraded the RC to 1.6 but it didn't chabge a thing.
Finally I took older 4GB SD card and force updated the firmware booting the bird with RC binding button pressed. Now the update proceeded to the end and I got a green led. Only weird this is that the update now took only copuple of minutes as earlier it lasted at least 20 minutes!?!?!

Now I have a bird with FW v.1.10.90 and RC with FW 1.6 but the video feed is still completely useless, no matter what I try (different boot order for RC / phantom / phone).
I also tried if updating the RC again to 1.8 would help... it dodn't so I went back to 1.6.
The phone I have been using since I bought my Phantom is Oneplus 3 and it has been working great with GO app.

My Phantom worked flawlessly before this "update", I had perfect video transmission and everyting worked as it should, now I have useless drone. PLEASE DJI, release a FW that will return things back to where they were!!! I don't like the idea that I should send the thing somewhere to be re-flashed because you released a bad firmware. I don't even have the original box to pack the drone.
{:4_154:}

2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue.
To locate this problem, would you please try to connect remote with another mobile device which is in DJI recommended list?
The original footage is fine, right?
Please fly it in an open place and disable all background programs.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3f3dde9b
lvl.2
Sweden

Never mind. I got my Phantom fixed by myself. I got my FW downgraded back to previous version and all is good again. It is shame that you don't officially provide instructions how to get rid of the non working FW v.1.10.90.
Now my video feed is flawless, no digital glitches and severe video lag that occured with v1.10.90...... Lesson learned, if it works, DON'T update.
2017-2-1
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

fans3f3dde9b Posted at 2017-2-1 21:29
Never mind. I got my Phantom fixed by myself. I got my FW downgraded back to previous version and all is good again. It is shame that you don't officially provide instructions how to get rid of the non working FW v.1.10.90.
Now my video feed is flawless, no digital glitches and severe video lag that occured with v1.10.90...... Lesson learned, if it works, DON'T update.

How did you downgraded? I am having same problems, but dji says that 1.10 cant be downgraded.
2017-2-2
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Yes I would also like to know.
2017-2-2
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans3f3dde9b Posted at 2017-2-1 21:29

Tell us all - you can't just leave us all wondering
2017-2-2
Use props
fans3f3dde9b
lvl.2
Finland

Ok. I didn't figure this out myself, the information is from phantyompilots foirum.
1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empy or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it "3S_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3A or "3X_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card.
5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perfortm the update (downgrade)
6. Enjoy your working phantom again

Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content.
2017-2-2
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

fans3f3dde9b Posted at 2017-2-2 09:23
Ok. I didn't figure this out myself, the information is from phantyompilots foirum.
1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empy or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it "P3S_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3A or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3P.

thank you, just waiting for mine to get back from dji unfixed. This should fix me up
2017-2-2
Use props
fans3f3dde9b
lvl.2
Sweden

fans3f3dde9b Posted at 2017-2-2 09:23
2. Save the text file and name it "P3S_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3A or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" if you have P3P.

Typo edit:

The name for the P3A debug file is P3S_FW_DEBUG
2017-2-3
Use props
keeponrollin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250367 ft

Bulgaria

Glad you fixed it.

Thats why, when I have a flawlessly working device, I never upgrade FW...I read these days a guy saying: "Im trained to always upgrade the FW on all my electronics"...dumbest thing I read for a long time.
2017-2-3
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks fan3
It works
2017-2-3
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Are you forum mods reading this.....might want to re-think how your service responds to issues.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules