Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-1-12 08:09
Thanks fans83f80a1e and Betamace

After pooping myself for another 20 minutes with what seemed like the loudest beep in the world (s'pose I could have gone in the other room) it took the second time

That's just swell. Sometimes it will beep like crazy the second time you attempt to upgrade. Just walk away and let it do it's thing. Be sure to check in here if flying it goes well.
First 60F day after a month of heavy wet snow and yep, it's raining. No big deal, I keep my quads packed up out of sight, to make winter pass quicker.
2017-1-12
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-12 07:44
The continuous beeping means corrupted firmware. I'd keep the whole kit close to the wifi gateway and disturb nothing while it updates. Some air blowing around the gimbal may prevent overheating. Worst thing you can do is bother the kit while it's updating.
See post #5.

Yes, completely agree on the  part of keeping all three parts (drone, remote,device) all right next to each other during the FW install, and don't mess (move) anything till it's done. I did that once (just moved the RC a few feet) and got a FW failed message right after.  I also make sure the device is close by my wifi router during the download, and then I move everything far away from the router during the install, so to cut down on interfernce.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans83f80a1e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

Reply to Knobbynomates:

After the first fail, the drone and controller were shut down, then I restarted both.  I closed the GO app, then re-opened it.  I connected to the RC/drone (via iphone settings).  In the GO app, I think the drone status page showed that the firmware needed to be updated.  I went back to opening page (with the picture of the drone) and it gave me the update banner again.  (I did not use the hat trick).  From there, I re-launched the firmware update, which completed successfully this time.  As others have said, there was a lot of loud beeping for most of the update process.
2017-1-12
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

fans83f80a1e Posted at 2017-1-12 08:51
Reply to Knobbynomates:

After the first fail, the drone and controller were shut down, then I restarted both.  I closed the GO app, then re-opened it.  I connected to the RC/drone (via iphone settings).  In the GO app, I think the drone status page showed that the firmware needed to be updated.  I went back to opening page (with the picture of the drone) and it gave me the update banner again.  (I did not use the hat trick).  From there, I re-launched the firmware update, which completed successfully this time.  As others have said, there was a lot of loud beeping for most of the update process.

Cheers - sorted now - thanks for the advice
2017-1-12
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-12 08:07
Always. And in the correct order.

What's the correct order?  I did the drone first, then the RC.  Once I did that the RC would not link with the drone until I forced a remote link through the app.
2017-1-12
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-12 09:33
What's the correct order?  I did the drone first, then the RC.  Once I did that the RC would not link with the drone until I forced a remote link through the app.

Make sure your phone/tablet is powered on, wifi enabled. DJI Go app not running.
Power on your transmitter.
Power on your P3.
Start your DJI Go app.
2017-1-12
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

These posts Scare the heck out of me since I just got my P3 only a week ago (with credit card because that's the only way I could afford it)
The only issues I've had so far is with Maps being blank and that my Dinosauras-Galaxis Phone (S3) is too Small and SLOW = I need to get a Tablet before I can use the Camera View for Flying...
That has nothing to do with the P3 itself, so again, I'll wait and keep an eye on this thread before I do anything that could stop me from flying
2017-1-12
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-12 09:33

That is the correct order.

Be advised: Updating the firmware may return certain settings to factory defaults.
I suggest performing all calibrations before attempting to fly after updating the firmware. Re-link the quad and wifi, IMU, compass, RC sticks, etc.

Most calibrations will stay unless you happen to crash the quad. I rarely re-calibrate mine, not even the compass.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans752985e0
lvl.1

United States

I got mine last month now running 1.7.90 got 4550 ft at 390 ft today. Lost vid and controller at same time flying over ball foelds and subdivisions.
Keeping it the same for now. Not messing with success
2017-1-12
Use props
DCJ64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36568 ft
United States

I updated mine yesterday, failed first time lots of beeping but took the second time!! flew for ten minutes, about the only thing I noticed was the video feed was a little choppy, delayed. No other issues as of yet.

Hopefully it continues to fly Ok!! Afraid to let it go out of site so I can handle the choppy for now....
2017-1-12
Use props
Khye1984
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177881 ft
United Kingdom

DCJ64 Posted at 2017-1-12 13:05
I updated mine yesterday, failed first time lots of beeping but took the second time!! flew for ten minutes, about the only thing I noticed was the video feed was a little choppy, delayed. No other issues as of yet.

Hopefully it continues to fly Ok!! Afraid to let it go out of site so I can handle the choppy for now....

Wow mine just beeping and updating at same time.
2017-1-12
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

fans752985e0 Posted at 2017-1-12 12:14
I got mine last month now running 1.7.90 got 4550 ft at 390 ft today. Lost vid and controller at same time flying over ball foelds and subdivisions.
Keeping it the same for now. Not messing with success

Very good, that's more than the DJI specs for the P3S, which is only 1000m (3280'). Yes "if it ain't broken...., you know the rest).
2017-1-12
Use props
Brendan.pender
New

United States

I just finished the update and now the quad and RC aren't linked. Won't relink from app. Camera view is just blank.  Any insight? Thanks.
2017-1-12
Use props
Luke R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171158 ft
Australia

No problems here
2017-1-12
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

I went to the Dji help site and archived the 1.7.90 version back on my phantom . I first formatted the card in the camera then downloaded the bin file and the P3C_FW_Vo1.070.0090.bin.cpgz but only transferred the bin file and left the cpgz file out. The down load said it was successful in the sd card but the new version is still on the Dji go app. Should I have downloaded both files on the sad card? I am using a MacBook Air and a apple 6 plus phone. A guy on YouTube said to only install the bin file but that's not working. Any thoughts?
2017-1-12
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

My phantom 3 standard also lags on the video ...I was only a few feet away and never done that before.. Also I was low on GPS satellites .. Always get between 12/15  I couldnt get even 11
2017-1-13
Use props
weldon
lvl.1

United States

Not liking the new update at all. Lost 1000ft of distance an the screen seems to need me to stop so it can catch up, wish I new how to roll it back.
2017-1-15
Use props
weldon
lvl.1

United States

Not liking the new update at all. Lost 1000ft of distance an the screen seems to need me to stop so it can catch up, wish I new how to roll it back.
2017-1-15
Use props
EssenceArtistry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16184 ft
United States

EssenceArtistry Posted at 2017-1-11 12:16
I updated my firmware this morning and now the video is choppy.  Video will freeze for a bit then jerk forward.  Before the firmware update, video was smooth.  Is this a known problem with this firmware update?  Is there anything I can do to again have smooth video?  I'll be happy to upload an example.

Regarding the video being choppy, I found out what happened.  During the upgrade, the video quality got changed to 2.7K.  Because the video was a higher resolution, it was actually the PLAYBACK that was choppy and not the original video.  When I changed it back to 1080p, playback was fine.
2017-2-10
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63225 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-11 15:13
You don't have to upgrade. There are lots of people using the firmware that came with their Phantom and are doing just fine. In fact I have a second one coming tomorrow (the first one is doing just fine, thanks for asking) and whatever firmware is on it is the firmware that is going to stay on it for the rest of its life.

But what about the knew update to the go app, since the spark got released. Apparently you have to update the app and the firmware of your drone because dji decided to add spark to dji go and dji go 4.
2017-5-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The upgrade to the 1.8.10 was successful after 20 minutes. The AC and RC was  cut link and relinking 3 times. The morning after i did a test flight without any issue. I was shocked about the delay of the live feed.
I used a hidden task killer and the delay was history. This version of FW seems to be stable.
2017-5-24
Use props
nik fam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42234 ft
Germany

Peterx Posted at 2017-5-24 11:04
The upgrade to the 1.8.10 was successful after 20 minutes. The AC and RC was  cut link and relinking 3 times. The morning after i did a test flight without any issue. I was shocked about the delay of the live feed.
I used a hidden task killer and the delay was history. This version of FW seems to be stable.

what do you mean "the delay was history"?
2017-5-24
Use props
Dudipower
New
Flight distance : 50577 ft
Germany

Habe die Version 1.2.10 noch nicht auf mein Fernbedienung bekommen.
2017-5-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Dudipower Posted at 2017-5-25 02:32
Habe die Version 1.2.10 noch nicht auf mein Fernbedienung bekommen.

War die Funke aus oder an?
"delay was history" heißt die Verzögerung ist sogut wie weg.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules