What do professionals charge for their aerial work?
911 4 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ant2596
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone,

I have an Inspire 1 V2.0 and am a videographer. I recently obtained my certificate from the FAA to legally use my drone commercially for projects. I am trying to figure out a pricing system and am curious as to how other professionals are charging for their aerial work. Can anyone lend any information or advice?

Thank you,

Anthony
2017-1-11
Use props
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on the work and the project.

You can structure your pricing based on the job or per hour.

Drone pilots can expect to get any where between 100 and 150 per hour, again depending on the job and the company. I pulled that number form the internet.

I have done a few Real Estate jobs with my Inspire 1 and Phantom 4

I charged 200 per house. This included a 5 min edited video of there property that they can upload to supplement their listing.

I am sure you can charge more depending on the market and the house.

I live in North Florida we don't have a housing market like Hollywood or LA where I am sure you could charge a lot more.

I did one commercial inspection job for a local contractor in Rural Florida of a communications tower.

I charged him a bit north of $2000. It took all day it was a hazardous flight with guy wires and was technically demanding using the Zenmuse Z3 zoom lense.

He was happy to pay it as it would have cost him twice as much to climb the dam thing not to mention the danger involved.

Again its all in how you market your skills and what people are willing to pay.  
2017-1-11
Use props
Ant2596
lvl.1
United States

ems12a@gmail.co Posted at 2017-1-11 11:53
Depends on the work and the project.

You can structure your pricing based on the job or per hour.

That's great information. I work in Fairfield County, CT. How did you get your leads for the Real Estate and Tower Inspection? Advertising or word of mouth? I am also trying to figure out what the methods are to promote my service. I do have the Zenmuse Z3 and believe it will come in handy for commercial work.

Thanks for your response!
2017-1-11
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

It all depends on your experience and results.  If you get amazing images, better than your competitors and with less hassle, you can charge more.  

There will be people working for $100/day and others working for $3000/day using the exact same equipment.   

Where you live is also a major factor.  If there isn't a large TV/video/corporate market then you may be restricted to real estate, but even then you can try to focus on high end properties that have a marketing budget.
2017-1-11
Use props
Ant2596
lvl.1
United States

jimhare Posted at 2017-1-11 14:54
It all depends on your experience and results.  If you get amazing images, better than your competitors and with less hassle, you can charge more.  

There will be people working for $100/day and others working for $3000/day using the exact same equipment.   

Thank you. I appreciate the response.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules