Mavic does not ascend: downw. vps is active and no GPS Lock
966 4 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Hello

Last week when launching in a narrow canyon i had issues with going up into the air.
After elevating around 2 meters a warning popped up on the App Screen saying that the max altitude has been reached (flying in opti Mode) and i should adjust mc settings.

But the max flight altitude was 150m there already.

The only way to get around this problem was to switch off downward visual positioning ... Elevate until the mavic found 8-9 sat connections to stabilize itself and switch on vps again.

Is there any seperate range / height setting when starting without enough (4 in my case) Sat links?

Thanks a lot
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll transfer the data to our engineers for review.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2017-1-11
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

hello mindy,
sorry i did not have time earlier.

I just sent you the link via private message - can you confirm?
2017-1-19
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

..i opened up a ticket now:

2017-2-13
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

can a moderator maybe help here?

I'm really not an un-experienced user and I think i know when something is worth to mention / or to open up a ticket.

I just got feedback about getting sure to have the latest updates and firmware installed..  and how to check this..  so primarily my mail was not read this time and it was a standard reply.
I just want to help in improving the mavic.
---

to sum up the problem again:  I was starting my flight in OPTI mode due missing sat links but could not get higher than 2 meters without switching downward visual positioning off.
message was  --  max altitude has been reached (flying in opti Mode)  -  adjust mc settings --

thanks

-------------------------

edit - just got a update, that I sould send the mavic in for analyses -- flight data file uploads are only taken into consideration for analyses when aircraft is lost..  don't really like it, but if that is the policy..

2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules