Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Flight video and thoughts, Winter Creek
505 0 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UtahKevin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

Got my Mavic on 1/3, the weather has been terrible but I got to go try it out on Friday. A few thoughts about flight..

I shot this in D Cinelike with everything set to 0 and 2.7K, I then did some slight color correction and exported in 1080P. It was about 3F outside and I didn't notice any problems from the cold weather.

This is my first DJI, I've built a few of my own quads so I have some experience in flying. I was shocked at how easy this baby is to fly! The biggest adjustment was the left stick only being for up and down and not the throttle. It's so stable I was able to slow down my shutter speed and get blurred water on this still shot.

I used a Polar Pro ND16 filter, the ones that came out in December. It's a major pain in the rear to put on in freezing cold weather with the gimbal turned. I'm sending them back and getting some that can be put on before powering up. I'm also going to be taking gloves with touch screen capacitive pad next time, my hands were freezing taking the gloves on and off to adjust settings on the phone.

2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules