Eurousc not trading anymore!
1404 4 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Just found out that Eurousc are not trading anymore.

What is the rules around reapplying to the CAA and getting insurance.

Would people have to do all the tests again?

Was going to contact them about my DJI Mavic but not sure now if I can renew my permission to fly without them as I need insurance and will not be "qualified" when that expires.

Some insurance companies would need proof that you have a valid qualification.

2017-1-12
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im in the same boat.  Apparently they have been in trouble for months..... servers were cut, licences revoked, and yet they contacted me less than a week ago to renew things and looking for payments!  After paying out thousands in course fees and test fees id be devastated if the CAA and any insurance company don't recognise my permissions as valid.
2017-1-12
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you already have a current PfCO, then there is no reason why you cannot apply direct to the CAA for renewal.  You don't have to go through any form of NQE.  The service that EuroUSC offered, was basically a "checking" service.  EuroUSC were a little bit dodgy, in that they suggest that once you have a BNUC-S qualification, it had to be maintained through them.  In reality, once you have that qualification, and your PfCO has been awarded, then as long as you maintain currency (flight hours, and keep your ops manual up to date) then there is no requirement to continue using an NQE such as EuroUSC.

If you are halfway through your BNUC-S with EuroUSC, look up an NQE company called UAVAir.  They are offering a conversion scheme, and donating any proceeds to charity.  They seem like a great companyto deal with.

Andy
2017-1-12
Use props
gslick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well my insurance isnt up for a couple of months but contacted an insurance supplier this morning and they said I still should be able to get insurance with a valid PfCO.

I will just renew my PfCO when time comes and see if I have any issues with I have to get insurance.

Really don't want to do all that again!

2017-1-12
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yes - EuroUSC have at long last suffered the consequences for their dodgy trading practices.

For years they have been telling PFAW/PfCO holders that they need to renew their BNUC-s or it isnt valid etc, etc.
This is and always has been utter tosh and just a way of screwing money out of people. The BNUC-s 'renewal'/plastic laminated card is a meaningless document that can go straight in the bin.

Your initial BNUC certificate is your qualification and it is good for life - It is your PfCO that is renewed each year and EuroUSC has naff all to do with that.
Simply send in your current ops manual with any amendments, last two months logbook entries giving evidence of at least 2 hours flight time, your ORIGINAL BNUC-s certificate, SRG1320 and your fee to the CAA.
That's it!
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules