Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

I'm looking at adding a Z3 camera to my Inspire Pro.  Can anyone tell me if the Z3 is a fixed focus camera (Like the X3), or is it focusable (Like the X5)?  Secondly, what sort of flight times can I realistically expect with the Z3 onboard, and a TB48 battery?

Oh, and can teh Z3 be fitted to the Osmo handle in the same fashion as the X3 and X5 cameras?

Andy
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It does have an autofocus function, though the focusing options not to the same extent as the X5. The Inspire would have a similar flight time as you have with the X3 and it can now be fitted on to the OSMO when the handle is updated to the latest firmware.
2017-1-12
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-12 15:24
It does have an autofocus function, though the focusing options not to the same extent as the X5. The Inspire would have a similar flight time as you have with the X3 and it can now be fitted on to the OSMO when the handle is updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks for the reply.  Does the Z3 have the ability to set the focus manually? I.e.  could I lock it on a focus setting, then leave it at that for the duration of a flight (whilst mapping for example)?

Cheers
Andy
2017-1-16
Use props
MarrisOtter
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi Andy - I can't find any mapping apps that work with the z3 camera.  I got a z3 and sold my x3 to offset the cost.  Have not been able to do any mapping ever since.  Also cant upgrade the aircraft firmware with a z3.  Also, my images all seem quite blurry with the z3.  All options set to auto - perhaps I need to know more about photography and start setting the settings manually.  Hard to recommend a z3 at this point, especially if it will be your only camera.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Andy LIS Posted at 2017-1-16 05:27
Thanks for the reply.  Does the Z3 have the ability to set the focus manually? I.e.  could I lock it on a focus setting, then leave it at that for the duration of a flight (whilst mapping for example)?

Cheers

The camera would retain its focus once set.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MarrisOtter Posted at 2017-1-16 17:18
Hi Andy - I can't find any mapping apps that work with the z3 camera.  I got a z3 and sold my x3 to offset the cost.  Have not been able to do any mapping ever since.  Also cant upgrade the aircraft firmware with a z3.  Also, my images all seem quite blurry with the z3.  All options set to auto - perhaps I need to know more about photography and start setting the settings manually.  Hard to recommend a z3 at this point, especially if it will be your only camera.

Just to clarify, are you using a 3rd party 3D mapping software or are you using the new Ground Station Pro? You are able to upgrade the aircraft via the Z3 using the downloads page below:

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-z3/info#downloads

Regarding the image quality, could you please clarify, what firmware you're currently on and provide a sample of what you're getting? If you have a thread with that info already, could you please supply it here?
2017-1-18
Use props
MarrisOtter
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 11:49
Just to clarify, are you using a 3rd party 3D mapping software or are you using the new Ground Station Pro? You are able to upgrade the aircraft via the Z3 using the downloads page below:

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

Thanks for the reply Jamie.  Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this - work keeps getting in the way.

I started a thread with some image examples in it - let me know what you think.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-81946-1-1.html

I was using Drone Deploy and Pix4Dcapture for the mapping and have not been able to get them working since getting the z3.  I will look into the "new ground station pro" and see what that can do for me.  
Also, I have not been able to upgrade the Aircraft to the latest version on the page you linked but I have been able to upgrade the controller and the camera to the latest versions.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MarrisOtter Posted at 2017-1-23 18:34
Thanks for the reply Jamie.  Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this - work keeps getting in the way.

I started a thread with some image examples in it - let me know what you think.

I did respond on your other thread regarding the image quality. If you have an iPad already, I would recommend giving Ground Station Pro a try, as I can't really say much about 3rd party apps like Drone Delploy and Pix4D.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules