X5 not calibrating after thump
1012 6 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e269513
lvl.1
United States

I was releasing small bungee cord when it slipped out of my hands and thumped the side skin. The inspire was tied down by a cord over the motor boom and underneath the belly to over the next motor boom and down to the anchor point. There is no outside indication of damage to anything. The inspire will spool up motors and fly but the camera only flashes green and a quick red and remains limp. No transmissions. Tried a reintroduction of FW, nothing.  Ribbon cables are ok. What to do?
2017-1-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just throwing some ideas out here, Did dit work normally before this ?  Did you just do an update or had you flown since then ?   You don't have an update in the SD slot still do you ,Just a blank formatted SD card correct ?  Did you calibrate the Camera gimbal ?  

If the damage occurred right after the bungee incident and worked normal before , I would closely inspect the Mesh on the Camera and gimbal , also look at the black flat ribbon cables for any damage , I would wiggle them with the system on and see if  the camera comes to life .

Could try an IMU calibration immediately follow a Camera gimbal calibration .

May need to take the Nose cover off and inspect the Flat ribbon cable connection point here, may have broken off. ( Only do it if you feel capable , remove the 4 silveer  nose screw and there are two bottom screws that believe are samll hex or phillips , I Just cant remeber, I have done it in the past ).

Does the camera do it's normal dance on start up ?  

Don't happen to have the X3 camera to test the gimbal board do you?

Any warnings on the Go app at all ?
Do you hear the gimbal motors buzzing at all, indicating damage to them ?

Lots of questions her I know, maybe it will give a clue, sorry wish I had a better answer for ya'll.

donnie
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3e269513
lvl.1
United States

Only warning is no communication. Did inspect the ribbons under the nose cone. At this time no dancing. Will try other suggestions. Thanx
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans3e269513 Posted at 2017-1-12 06:25
Only warning is no communication. Did inspect the ribbons under the nose cone. At this time no dancing. Will try other suggestions. Thanx

Please keep us posted. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the whole aircraft took a hit, not just the camera, correct?
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3e269513
lvl.1
United States

The bungee struck the right side of the copter skin. Nothing shows any sign of damage.
I did all the above (no X3) except the gimbal. I can not find the place to calibrate the gimbal. I find the gimbal dial speed. I calibrated the IMU and compass with no problems. Checked continuity on the ribbon cables. Still nothing happens with the camera except the grn light flashing and a quick red light. Only warning is NO SIGNAL.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3e269513
lvl.1
United States

Only noise is from fan on lightbridge.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3e269513
lvl.1
United States

RE: X5 not calibrating after thump. SOLVED

Found my problem. Torn ribbon cable at the bottom part of the roll arm.(May have been coincidental to bungee). Some others have had problems here from placing the gimbal in and out of the storage box. Check yours out.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules