Massachusetts
6530 24 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nifty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80138 ft
United States

I'm from north of Boston and finding unrestricted air space close to impossible. The Mavic is my first drone. Would love to hear about tips, locations, suggestions, etc from people in the area.

2017-1-12
Use props
samg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

How far north of boston? I'm often in that area. Just stay away from Logan, but I have gotten some good stuff on the north shore if you are 5 miles out.. I got some great shots about a year ago from the parking lot of Anthony's Pier 4 Restaurant in Swampscott. I just asked permission. They said yes.
2017-1-12
Use props
Nifty
lvl.2
United States

samg Posted at 2017-1-12 18:58
How far north of boston? I'm often in that area. Just stay away from Logan, but I have gotten some good stuff on the north shore if you are 5 miles out.. I got some great shots about a year ago from the parking lot of Anthony's Pier 4 Restaurant in Swampscott. I just asked permission. They said yes.

I am in Essex county by the MA/NH border.
2017-1-13
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live in Southern Maine (York) and have never had an issue finding a place to fly. I take a look at local ordinances (to ensure there are no words prohibiting, drones, RC operation, etc) and make sure I'm away from people and go.
2017-1-14
Use props
Puralist
lvl.2
United States

Hopkinton, MA here, have an inspire 2 on order.
2017-1-17
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

I'm down on the South Shore. I typically fly by the ocean, well clear of the Logan Airport 5 mile exclusion zone.
2017-1-17
Use props
DroneTone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3231654 ft
United States

I'm just west of Boston. The most picturesque photo/videos I've been able to capture are usually from the North or South shore about 10 miles from Boston and beyond. Using a Phantom 3 Pro and Mavic.
2017-1-19
Use props
Summerpaws
New
United States

Have you tried Salisbury Beach State Reservation? That whole area is Rc aircraft friendly. Some of the nicest scenery you'll find in the area.
2017-1-19
Use props
kmbit
lvl.1

United States

Millbury Mass - here - we have worcester Airport to the northwest and a few federal bulidngs in the area - but south of me it appears to be clear.  
2017-1-19
Use props
fansdc78df4a
lvl.1

United States

I am in Newton, MA and I am finding so many restricted areas. Thanks for the suggestions of places to fly. I have heard that Quincy, MA is another good place to fly. I got my P4P for X-mas and have not flown very often. Always looking for other pilots who want to get together  and fly when the weather permits.
2017-1-24
Use props
Nifty
lvl.2
United States

fansdc78df4a Posted at 2017-1-24 08:53
I am in Newton, MA and I am finding so many restricted areas. Thanks for the suggestions of places to fly. I have heard that Quincy, MA is another good place to fly. I got my P4P for X-mas and have not flown very often. Always looking for other pilots who want to get together  and fly when the weather permits.

I have come across the same thing. I never knew we had so many airports/helipads near by {:4_142:} Once the weather clears up I think it would be a great idea to meet up with others and exchange tips/tricks.
2017-1-24
Use props
arlevdad
lvl.1

United States

I have just formed a new meetup group for drone owners and the people will be drone owners in the future. Hopefully this meetup group will be able to get together or share new ideas and locations with each other. Any experience level can join the group.

Greater Boston and surrounding areas UAV Meetup
2017-1-25
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

I am in Fall River (home of Lizzie Borden), plenty of open parks lake areas, we have an old municipal airport that is no longer used. We have a large water front by the Battleship Cove. Now is a good time to play in these areas. When the warm weather hits people come out to these areas and safe flying diminishes. COME ON DOWN! Can show you all the areas.
2017-2-18
Use props
theITguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236512 ft
United States

I'm out here, west of Worcester, in the Brookfields. Not much in the way of flying here. Bought my first DJI Phantom in November and I have a total of 29 flights so far. Warmer weather lately has led to more flying on President's Day weekend and after work each day. I'm ready for Spring!
2017-2-22
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

Anyone have any issues flying in metro west (away from Hanscom)?
2017-11-23
Use props
MattEC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112490 ft
United States

New flyer here in Western MA, can anyone suggest good locations to fly, just ordered my p4p.  
2017-12-1
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
Croatia

Flew in Watertown recently and got some Class B warnings mid flight.   Parts of watertown ARE in the restricted area. Ouch!    You would never know seeing all these youtube videos flying around the common or the zakim bridge.
2017-12-5
Use props
DroneGuy-AB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179488 ft
United States

I am in Nashua, but have found some good areas to fly in the Tyngsboro/Chelmsford/Lowell corridor.   Took this the other day when we had a big thaw.  
2018-1-27
Use props
theITguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236512 ft
United States

Anyone in the area getting out there this Spring / Summer? I would love to meet other hobbyists in person some day and fly with someone. I'm in Central MA but close enough to all New England states.
2018-5-11
Use props
RedSoxFan42
lvl.1
United States

kmbit Posted at 2017-1-19 12:05
Millbury Mass - here - we have worcester Airport to the northwest and a few federal bulidngs in the area - but south of me it appears to be clear.

Rectently moved to Millbury and more recently bought a Mavic Air. Looking for scenic places to fly and film.
2019-4-26
Use props
Koolaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5397 ft

United States

KENSY Posted at 2017-2-18 20:05
I am in Fall River (home of Lizzie Borden), plenty of open parks lake areas, we have an old municipal airport that is no longer used. We have a large water front by the Battleship Cove. Now is a good time to play in these areas. When the warm weather hits people come out to these areas and safe flying diminishes. COME ON DOWN! Can show you all the areas.

I am from Swansea and often fly at the battle ship nice to hear from someone in my own backyard
20190922_235448~5.jpg
2019-12-29
Use props
Koolaid
lvl.2

United States

[img][/img]
2019-12-29
Use props
Koolaid
lvl.2

United States

KENSY Posted at 2017-2-18 20:05
I am in Fall River (home of Lizzie Borden), plenty of open parks lake areas, we have an old municipal airport that is no longer used. We have a large water front by the Battleship Cove. Now is a good time to play in these areas. When the warm weather hits people come out to these areas and safe flying diminishes. COME ON DOWN! Can show you all the areas.

I am from Swansea and often fly at the battle ship nice to hear from someone in my own backyard
2019-12-29
Use props
Kosta_D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2726 ft
United States

tvon Posted at 2017-11-23 22:56
Anyone have any issues flying in metro west (away from Hanscom)?

Ive have flown with in 1 mile of hanscom with no issues using LAANC approval
Got some amazing video and pics in bedford and lexington areas
2021-5-12
Use props
abouzayoussef
New

Morocco

New flyer here in morocco, can anyone suggest good locations to fly
https://frpbypass.net/
2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced