Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UK - Where to fly
14313 45 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_osa8oPCCXymR
New
Flight distance : 233 ft

United Kingdom

Ramblingsheep Posted at 2017-2-1 09:32
Have you seen the Beaulieu Model Flying Committee web site?  This explains their policy regarding the flying of drones in the one area of the New Forest where flying model aircraft is permitted.  You MUST get the appropriate insurances and permits but it does not seem too onerous and provides sensible safety guards for other forest users.  http://beaulieumodelflying.org.uk/dronepolicy.html

I did. I have no problems with permits and insurances but flying a drone like a Dji only in one area pretty much defeats the purpose and potential beauty which we seek from the air.  Beaulieu is more suitable say racing drones which is had very different requirements.
2019-7-28
Use props
fans631872eb
lvl.1

birdingbilly Posted at 2017-1-14 14:50
As long as you don't take off or land on their land I don't think they can stop you flying over it so long as you comply with the CAA rules.  If this were not the case even commercial airlines couldn't fly over the New Forest based on their published rules which would clearly be nonsense.

You also need to think about wildlife in an area like the new forest, nesting birds etc, the police can actually arrest you if you disturb any rare nesting birds etc
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_SI5Pq2uXIis0
New

United Kingdom

SJT Posted at 2017-1-29 10:36
A property owner in the UK certainly does own the airspace above their land (up to and above the legal maximum for a drone) and is well within their right to ban drones from it.  It used to be that UK common law gave a property owner the rights all of the airspace above and all of the ground below to the centre of the earth but this is unworkable now with overflying aircraft and mining. "Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos" or "whoever's is the soil, it is theirs all the way to Heaven and all the way to hell".

"S. 76 Civil Aviation Act 1982  states that ‘the lower stratum is unlikely to extend beyond an altitude of much more than 500 or 1,000 feet above roof level, this being roughly the minimum permissible distance for normal overflying by any aircraft’ (Rules of the Air Regulations 2007, Sch 1, s. 3(5)). "

Utter bollocks
2020-1-10
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-1-13 08:33
“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

Completely agree!
2020-1-30
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

I am finding the same thing @DaveDotNet. Plenty of Apps to tell me no, but nothing that can tell me of a yes go being able to fly.

There are some vast open spaces near me which are clear on airspace apps, but when you look into it the local authority or land manager has a strict “no drone” policy. It’s getting really disheartening as it feels like I have a drone that cannot be used anywhere!
2020-1-31
Use props
Andy Garratt2
New

United Kingdom

Geo66 Posted at 2017-1-23 05:19
I'm based in Derby, close to East Midlands airport no fly zone unfortunately. I also use NATS Drone Assist for Android but it doesn't warn me that Derby council have passed a by-law prohibiting flying in their public parks.
Derby Telegraph Story
It's being challenged but I don't expect much.

I'm in Derbyshire too, thankfully my Mother live in the local greenbelt so I can use her land to takeoff and certainly got plenty of fields and streams to fly over.

The councils use of bye-laws is very annoying and I don't think its a good fit, not worth the argument though I am sure and in some contexts, like the fishing lakes, I do agree with them

Have you found anywhere nice to fly yet?
2020-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules