Osmo + with chest mount - good settings?
1237 2 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark841
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82060 ft
United States

I went skiing with the chest mount today and the Osmo+ does ok for a few turns, then pretty much films my left hand or shoulder.  You really have to ski slow and mellow for it to not kick to the side. I've tried the fast tracking, also turning off the pan and tilt and with the gimble set on orientation lock. Nothing seems to work.
Does anyone know the setting for something quick like skiing or mountain biking?

And will the helmet mount make any difference?

2017-1-12
Use props
fanse3537bdb
New
United States

I have the exact same issue, pretty frustrating... can't figure out a fix either. This camera drifting issue pretty much defeats the purpose of the chest mount...
2017-1-23
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

fanse3537bdb Posted at 2017-1-23 18:51
I have the exact same issue, pretty frustrating... can't figure out a fix either. This camera drifting issue pretty much defeats the purpose of the chest mount...

There was a user reported bug as well as a fix that caused the gimbal to shift it's view.

Make sure you disable the option for Smooth Tracking while Zooming.  

I updated to latest firmware last night and upon looking for the exact wording I noticed that DJI Go app no longer has this option.   I would suggest doing an upgrade and testing to see if that improves your issue.
Edit: I realized I made a mistake about DJI removing this option. I was looking at the Go app when it wasn't connect to Osmo+. The option still exists. So if you had it enabled, try disabling the option to test if the gimbal remains pointing in the proper direction.

Lee
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules