Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I update my firmware?
659 2 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Cheat
lvl.1

United States

I just got my (refurbished) P3a in the mail today. Here's the status of the FW:

App version: 3.1.2 (iOS)
AC version: 1.5.30+
RC version 1.8.0

It's telling me I need to update firmware, obviously. But I took it for a very short three minute flight today, and everything seemed just fine. I'm a little hesitant to update after reading all the horror stories here.

So my question is this: What would you do? Should I leave it where it is if all seems to work fine? If I do leave it, will that void any warranty issues if DJI discovers I wasn't using the most recent FW?

If I update it, do I need to do it incrementally or can I just jump straight to the newest release?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
2017-1-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cheat,

The + on your AC version indicates your AC has not synced with the DJI servers.  It sometimes takes a day or two for that to happen.

It has been strongly suggested that you fly a DJI Phantom for a few days and get used to it before you try a firmware update.  The Aircraft update is fairly easy to perform.  At least wait until the + goes away so you can find out what is the final version of the installed firmware.  In the meantime do some research on how to do the aircraft firmware update.

Notice if there are any problems in your system and write them down.  Fly very carefully.  Go to www.phantomhelp.com and read as much of the information he has there that you can on firmware.

When you do decide to update your aircraft firmware do it incrementally.  Do be aware that some of the updates for the aircraft include battery firmware updates so you need to be able to tell them apart.  This will help with the learning experience and show you that the scariest thing about the horror stories you read about here is that they did not have to happen.  Most often the original poster screwed up.  So, you need to learn how to do firmware updates properly.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If this combination is working for you, then you don't need to update. If there are functions that you want from the latest updates, you can just jump to the latest one. You don't have to do it incrementally.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules