Viewing Mavic Footage on PC - PLEASE HELP
910 1 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thick_Shake
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey guys,

I've just taken my Mavic on it's short and safe maiden flight. I come home. I can't work out how to view the footage? I don't have a card reader, and my laptop does not have a microSD slot. I've plugged the Mavic into my laptop using the micro USB cable provided, but it won't allow me to see the files this way?

I'm totally at a loss as to how to see my video in its full definition (i.e., not looking at it on my phone). I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 in the hope that it'd be able to pull my video for me, but this does not have a setting to do so either.

Please help!

Thick_Shake

2017-1-12
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I pull the sd card out. It'll be on there in mp4 or mov. *edit* Sorry didn't see you didn't have a reader, you can plug it into the mavics usb, with the dji assistant 2 the driver should be installed. You'll see the sd card come up as a drive under my computer.

Try VLC if on pc. It helps to have a 4k monitor and rig that can keep up, but vlc will downscale if you need. It won't look good though.

I have a nice rig that can do it, and it's nice watching, editing in 4k. But my old rig, I have to set it to placebo and fastdecode, disable direct x, and set performance video in the radeon driver. Even that it's no where near perfect.

Maybe playback and editing .mov would be better, as it's not as compressed (less cpu needed to decompress). Haven't tried it though.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules