Inspire 2 X5S will not stop drifting
2294 11 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userfc2794c25a
lvl.1

United States

The X5S has a very annoying drift. It will drift up and down and left and right. Gimbal calibration and IMU calibration does nothing. I have heard they had the same problems with the Inspire 1 amd its X5 camera. For 5k $ this should not be happening.
2017-1-12
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

I have theexact same problem with my X5R and am unable to get answeres from DJI. Time laps is impossible and every tripod shot must be stabilized.
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, can you upload a sample video? How severe the drift is?
2017-1-13
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

Small cropped test sample to show real time drift. The shake is from my hand held cellphone while filming my PC monitor. Watch the cross hair moving in relation to the subject. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc0gu4 ... al%20drift.mp4?dl=0
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-13 23:18
Hi, can you upload a sample video? How severe the drift is?

Do you work for DJI by the way?  Just wondering if did why would you be a 2nd officer.

donnie
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

In my opinion that drift is totally negligable .  You are not going to have a ROCK Solid Hover, you will have a bit of drift.  I have seen Much Much worse .  If you wish you could turn up the "gain" on the Remote control settings but doubt you will see much improvement .  That is the one of the ways to control drift .  
I would love to get more input on this , but I see NO problem her
NOt sure if that was your video , but if your drift is this small as in the video on the thread, it is nothing to be concerned about , Your Pics and video will be just fine.

Just my 2 cents .

donnie

2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

SIP4Stock Posted at 2017-1-14 04:30
Small cropped test sample to show real time drift. The shake is from my hand held cellphone while filming my PC monitor. Watch the cross hair moving in relation to the subject. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc0gu4g98lxw7az/Real%20time%20Gimbal%20drift.mp4?dl=0

Not sure if you are the same person as the Original Poster , sometimes the Avatar name come up and some times the coded one , any way see Post 6

donnie
2017-1-14
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-14 05:40
Not sure if you are the same person as the Original Poster , sometimes the Avatar name come up and some times the coded one , any way see Post 6

donnie

Hi Donnie, thanks for the input. I am not the first poster, no.

The camera was on a tripod and I was wanting to do a time exposure test. We are supposed to be able to take time exposures, no? Not with any camera movement at all tough. So DJI needs to remove that from the camera spec as it is misleading. I was hoping to use this rig for night sky time laps work.

Regards
Russ
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

SIP4Stock Posted at 2017-1-14 06:36
Hi Donnie, thanks for the input. I am not the first poster, no.

The camera was on a tripod and I was wanting to do a time exposure test. We are supposed to be able to take time exposures, no? Not with any camera movement at all tough. So DJI needs to remove that from the camera spec as it is misleading. I was hoping to use this rig for night sky time laps work.

Russ , sorry I though you were in a hover and the AirC raft and Camera were drifting .  So you have it mounted on a Osmo .  Sorry bout that .  I am not familiar with settings of the camera on a tripod .  If it is on the Osmo , may wish to go to that Thread, might get more help there.  

donnie
2017-1-14
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

Sorry, I will try that.

Thanks again.
2017-1-14
Use props
Jefferey Drone Pilot 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same Drifting Issue !  Please fix soon DJI
2018-7-5
Use props
Pathfindercod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4534 ft
United States

Apparently this drift issue has been present for months or even over a year. From the report ive seen some reported when the I2 was released.  One reason I decided to return the I@ while I could in the return period.  I was initially concerned about detaching motors. I was going to buy the add-on offered by one of the members form here from Italy. I just could not justify the investment for my needs right now until the drone actually works like its suppose to.  I hope they fix it soon before even releasing a I3 and abandoning the I2 all together.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules