Don't Know how to explain this but ipad mini 4 rocks!
634 3 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

Ok, I've tried numerous andriod devices to no avail. Note 4, Samsung Galaxy tab 4 8.0 inch. And the worst of them the Nexus 7 ver 2.0 2013 running the latest updates from andriod. Yeah it would reboot the tablet that is in flight. Scary, the other devices would run dji go/ 4.0 but screen lag/ tearing unless I choose a custom channel and or lowered the camera setting to 2.7 k.  Seems to me the way the software is writen it's very power hungry. Let's jump a head, did  a geekbench benchmark on all my devices. The tab 4 scored the lowest but still runs dji go just fine messing with the settings. The nexus 7 2013 model doubled the numbers in geek bench but had issues with the tablet rebooting. The Note 4 copletely destroys the other andriod tablets in benchmarks and is very close to the Ipad mini 4. Yet still has the screen lag/ tearing without messing with in app settings. Also the Note 4 is 32 bit the Mini 4 is 64 bit.

I'm wondering how the new Octo core Andriod Tablets will fare. So far pleased with my Ipad Mini 4. Happened to try out a day time flight no lag no tearing and if it did it was ultimatley minimal.
2017-1-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Yes!  Android is really awful for lagging.  The Android forums learned long ago to root that OS out a lot to clean it up so it would run somewhat decent.  Why Google Play allows apps to bloat it up and take over resources, and drain the battery fast, is odd, but the people agree to the terms of whatever the app needs to do and take over the system to snap a photo, throw up an ad, nose around in your contacts.  Some you have to buy the app to get them to stop hogging resources and randomly starting in the background.  Mine has started asking about a review or take a photo of wherever I'm at now at times (Some Google Map or  something running in background.).  Amazon and Starbucks pop-up ads too.  Cripes!

I turned the iPad on today after being off for a few days and the battery is still at 100%.  Never have seen the Android green or red video lag bars on it either.  Samsung phone is at 43% or lower daily so a lot of something is running 24/7 on it.

2017-1-12
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 inch..that has an octocore, I have had it reboot a few times (thankfully not while flying). It seems to be mostly when I bend down to power up my phantom so it may be that I'm doing something that is causing it to do that, but otherwise it works perfectly
2017-1-12
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-12 21:05
I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 inch..that has an octocore, I have had it reboot a few times (thankfully not while flying). It seems to be mostly when I bend down to power up my phantom so it may be that I'm doing something that is causing it to do that, but otherwise it works perfectly

Wow, makes me think. My Nexus 7 2013 would reboot also. What Android version is installed? Mine had the latest.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules