Battery Error... why?
1124 8 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMack
lvl.1

United States

I just replaced my motors and now I'm getting a "battery error" in the dji GO app every time I take off.  

If I run it without the props, I don't get the error. The second I add props and take off, within 2 -3 seconds I have all res lights on the Phantom 3 and "battery error" message in the app.

I've also recalibrated the IMU and I have the latest firmware.

What do you think?
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you sure that all the soldering points were secure?
2017-1-12
Use props
JMack
lvl.1

United States

Yes. If they weren't all four motors wouldn't work right?
2017-1-13
Use props
Quest-So
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141017 ft

Romania

Have you replaced the motors with the same type ? For the old ESC board (part 33) motors 2312, while for the new ESC board (part 96) motors 2312A.
2017-1-13
Use props
JMack
lvl.1

United States

Yes the exact same motors I had before.
2017-1-13
Use props
Quest-So
lvl.1

Romania

I see. Why did you had to replace the motors ? Can you return back to old ones to test the behaviour of the drone ?
Ideea is to give more details of what happened before replacing them. Is it possible you've damaged somehow the ESC board with the flat screwdriver, while opening the shell ? The procedure needs a lot of attention.
2017-1-14
Use props
Quest-So
lvl.1

Romania

(I cannot edit the previous message, system says it passed more than 2 mins)
Do you have the same battery error using Litchi too ?
2017-1-14
Use props
JMack
lvl.1

United States

I was intensely careful opening the shell, no damage. I replaced the motors because I made the ignorant mistake of using the long Prop guard screws after I removed the prop guards.  Screws were laong and ruined the motor coils.

2017-1-15
Use props
Quest-So
lvl.1

Romania

Well yes, the screws to fix both the motor and a prop guard are longer. I've seen somewhere a warning about them.
Have you've noticed the coils were destroyed before powering the drone again ? If not, then maybe the ESC had being ellectrically a bit damaged by the short circuit that happened during powering those busted coils, now being unable to support higher current sucked by loaded motors not just rotating the props at ground.

Here's a good choice I guess for snap-on prop guards
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1618826/#files

But this choice is fully protecting the props from all directions, even from above.
(it's still not clear to me how they kept the gps functioning well, since shell's central zone where the gps is placed, is now covered by the crossing bars).

Tell me how's going with Litchi ? Same battery error ?

2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules