Zenmuse XTr TIFF images black after firmware updates
3304 18 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I've seen a few posts where other people are experiencing the same issue I'm having, but haven't seen any solutions.  When shooting in TIFF format, regardless of what I'm seeing on screen, the images on the SD card come back black.  This occurred after installing the most recent FirmWare updates to my AC, RC, XT and Batteries.  I've tried formatting my SD cards, tried different SD cards, uninstalling and reinstalling the GO app.  I was thinking maybe I need to roll back the FW on the XT but don't know how to find the older version.  Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mark

Inspire 1 v 2.0    Zenmuse XTr 640x512 13mm
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Mark, could you please upload the original image to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2017-1-13
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mark,

I have the same issues with mine.  I have the same camera as you as well.    I spoke with dealer i purchased mine from and said that it is normal that they are black.   I was told that this tiff option is for something that may be activated in the future.   

I dont get it.  Why put it there if it does not work.   

How is your EXTIF data?   Is it reading the correct altitude and lens data?   Mine does not.

Also they removed the file index option.  So be careful.   You do not have the option to have continuously incremented file numbers.   They will be reset every time starting at "DJI001"   It was prior to the latest firmware update but now they cancelled it.   I asked if it will be put back but have not received an answer.   VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Good Luck!
Ed
2017-1-13
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-13 02:36
Hello Mark, could you please upload the original image to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the help.  I PM'd the link to you...

Much Thanks,

Mark
2017-1-13
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

ETA Posted at 2017-1-13 04:39
Hi Mark,

I have the same issues with mine.  I have the same camera as you as well.    I spoke with dealer i purchased mine from and said that it is normal that they are black.   I was told that this tiff option is for something that may be activated in the future.   

Hi Ed,

My EXIF Data was incorrect in JPEG mode, but not in TIFF until I installed the most recent firmware for the XT.  Now my EXIF data is good all around, but my TIFFs are black.  I'm really hoping to get this figured out so I can process Thermal Index Maps in Pix4D.  

Best of Luck,

Mark
2017-1-13
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mark,

Please let us know how you made with the Tiff issue.   

I am wanting to do some mapping as well.   What flight program have you been using?

Ed
2017-1-13
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

ETA Posted at 2017-1-13 11:24
Hi Mark,

Please let us know how you made with the Tiff issue.   

Pix4D Capture.  I like their mapping software...  Wilco on the TIFF.

MJ
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-13 10:00
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the help.  I PM'd the link to you...

Sorry for the late reply, Mark.
I didn't receive your PM and I have send you an PM.
Please let me know if you can receive that.
2017-1-15
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 01:24
Sorry for the late reply, Mark.
I didn't receive your PM and I have send you an PM.
Please let me know if you can receive that.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sa3h1 ... lnPQ5is8LY21aa?dl=0
2017-1-15
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-15 12:27
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sa3h1d70l2d5jvq/AADt4Lx3NkdlnPQ5is8LY21aa?dl=0

I'm not sure why my PM's aren't going though...  
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-15 12:27
I'm not sure why my PM's aren't going though...

Thank you for your cooperation.
I'll help to report this issue. If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2017-1-16
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

This is the response I got from an applications engineer at FLIR...

Hi Mark,

That’s good news, it means you have non AGC’d (Automatic Gain Control) camera data.  Your monitor does not have enough dynamic range to display a 16 bit thermal scene unless it has extreme temperatures.  Try opening the file in imageJ.  It’s free (or was paid for by tax dollars), and worth having.  It does a contrast/brightness adjustment on the display.  I tried just now on your tiff to be sure, and I can see you easily.  See below.

Values are around 7200 to 7400, so it probably isn’t t-linear, but regular sensor data that we confusingly call “raw 14 bit.”  “Corrected 14 bit” would be a better name.  You might want to see if t-linear (or whatever they call the temperature corrected radiometric output) is an option.

The jpeg image must have had an AGC done either by the camera or the Zenmuse software, I’m not sure how they work that.

2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Mark, could you please clarify your current aircraft and camera firmware version and the DJI GO app version?
2017-1-16
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-16 17:58
Hi Mark, could you please clarify your current aircraft and camera firmware version and the DJI GO app version?

App  3.1.2
AC    1.10.01.40+
RC    1.7.60
XT     1.24.0.10+
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-17 09:24
App  3.1.2
AC    1.10.01.40+
RC    1.7.60

Thank you.
I have reported that. We will help to check it.
2017-1-18
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 03:13
Thank you.

Any Luck???
2017-1-28
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 03:13
Thank you.

I guess you haven't made any progress on this????
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-麦克斯韦
DJI R&D Squad

China

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-16 08:27
This is the response I got from an applications engineer at FLIR...

Hi Mark,

Hi ApexAerialData
The Flir application engineer's reply is correctly. the tif format is 14bit RAW data, you need professional software to view it like imageJ. we download you DJI_0001.tif, and we can see you sit on the chair. so your ZENMUSE XTR has no problem with new firmware updates.
2017-3-14
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-麦克斯韦 Posted at 2017-3-14 06:16
Hi ApexAerialData
The Flir application engineer's reply is correctly. the tif format is 14bit RAW data, you need professional software to view it like imageJ. we download you DJI_0001.tif, and we can see you sit on the chair. so your ZENMUSE XTR has no problem with new firmware updates.

Hi Guys,

have the same problem..... 14bit tiffs cam not be read in Photoshop CS..... as well as other mapping programs this causes a little bit off trouble. So your XT, App or Inspire or matrice are not to blame here. Why FLIR uses 14bit Tiffs beats me but it is what is is. ImageJ might be the solution?
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules