784 2 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Penguin2016
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,

I hope you can help..

My Ronin is going berzerk when I turn the battery on.  I swivels in a circular motion in a static position making a lot of vibration noises without stabalising, resulting in me having to turn it off.

It seems that the Pan motor is not working; it's possible to swivel the mounted camera on the pan axis with no resistance at all when switched on and attempting to stabalise itself.

I've hooked it up to DJI Ronin Assistant and attached a screen grab to this email which showed the Pan angle at -175.825, this number never changed when I rotated the unit, the other two angles for Tilt and Roll changed as you would expect.  Does this mean the motor for the Pan is not firing at all?  If so is it fixable?  I am in Antarctica for 11 months and need this kit badly!

I have a RED Weapon stripped down with an Endura cue battery and Nikon 24mm lens attached, it seems well balanced and weigs 3.7kg's  I have the cine milled extensions on the arms and the neck as well.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

2017-1-13
Use props
Penguin2016
lvl.1

Germany

Sorry Image did not attach...
2017-1-13
Use props
Penguin2016
lvl.1

Germany

Problem solved;  the plug attachment for the pan motor within the IMU had come out, plugged it back in and alls working again!!

Warning.... lots of glue in there for anyone else wanting to take a look...
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules