A question (and a suggestion) regarding the flight map
1141 4 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

How can I reliably cash a map on the Phantom 4 Pro+ of a certain region before I go there? I thought I just have to move the map to this area while staying connected to the WiFi. I did so but for some reason when I came to this location I had an empty map. The quad flew all right, the marker moved over the map window, but the map was empty.

Another question. When I switch on the Radio Controller inside my office where there is no GPS signal, the map shows the city of Berlin in Germany by default. But not my location, or a location of my last flight. Can I change it? Berlin is about thousand kilometers away.

And a suggestion to the DJI engineers and programmers. Could you please make available a choice of a map? I realize that the Google map is very expensive. But there is also the OpenStreetMap. Here is an example of a town of Troinex in the canton of Geneva. On the Here map we can see not much, but on the OpenStreetMap we can see a lot of detailed useful information. It is even better when flying in mountains, I mean much more detalization.  

Troinex on Here map

Troinex on the OpenStreetMap

OpenStreetMap can be even downloaded on a device for a country or a region (it is an Open Source). For example, in the App Maps.ME I can download an OpenStreetMap map of the whole country, and I can use it without an Internet connection.

2017-1-13
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you but I share your frustration.  When I bought my tablet I specifically chose one with cell capability so I would be able to get maps without having to rely on caching by wifi, but since the map changeover I STILL have trouble getting anything other than a green blob with a HERE watermark plastered on it!
2017-1-13
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Mine in US also defaults to Berlin. I have actually learned to recognize the city layout now without the labels haha because it shows all the time. Still whacky, though, why Berlin Germany?
2017-1-13
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I updated the vehicle firmware to the latest version which came out couple of day ago. And I performed a test flight today. The map was displayed during the flight this time. I tried to display a satellite image layer, but it did not show up (probably because I had to cash it too, separately?). So basically I had only a HERE map which is not detailed enough in my opinion.

I returned inside a building and I switched on the P4P+ system. The map of Berlin was in the map layer again. I never even visited Berlin yet, ever. So I have to move map again to my location each time when I am inside where there is a WiFi connection. I am not surprised too much, as I am well aware of the HERE map interface general level.

I still wish that there would be an option to select the pre-loaded OpenStreetMap (as it is done in the Maps.ME App) instead of the HERE map in the DJI GO App. And even if there would be only the HERE map, please, DJI programmers and engineers, make it stick to the last known location, but not Berlin.
2017-1-13
Use props
user17b83f8b43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176496 ft
Spain

Hello, does anyone run on the P4pro + track on the map of the dron's route when it flies? The map does not progress with the movement of the dron and stands still, it is necessary to touch with the fingers the screen to move the map frame to replace and put in the place where the dron's head is. I've tried everything and it still does not work and it does not do any good in this way, since you have to release the sticks to move the map and look for the route to make the dron's second .. is it a bug in the application? Will the same happen to those who use the application on a tablet or phone? Is a bug only in the screens of the plus?
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules