Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To Argtek or not
8510 64 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paizano1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236319 ft
United States

not sure if the post about the wires being hooked up wrong was meant for me or not.  I did check each wire in relation to its connection and i also checked the inner and outer conductors of the wire to make sure no grounded connectors. The range increase for me wasn't what I was looking for. One thing about the mod that happened is after removing it from the controller and reinstalling the factory stuff back in and without the windsurfer I actually hit my record of 1770ft. I still need to try with the windsurfer and see what it does. Now I am concerned if the connections from the factory on my controller were loose or....... I did have to do the forced update like everyone else and maybe that has done something. I am still playing around with the antennas and trying different things. Just wanted to post about the distance increase after app update. Maybe nothing or maybe something.  
2017-2-13
Use props
Dropho
lvl.1

United States

Me and my buddy both got over 8,000 feet with the ArgTek. He went a little farther and got 8,700 feet. I'm very please with results and how easy the install was.
2017-2-13
Use props
Paizano1
lvl.2
United States

I have an antenna question, I dont know if this is the right location to post but I am sure someone will answer. And thank you in advance for any help. I was wondering if using a dual band antenna 2.4g 5.8g is the same as using the same dbi rating of just 5.8g. I am asking because I was wondering if I remove the factory antenna in a p3s and put a connector that i could just screw different antennas to try different ranges. But like the argtek that includes a 10dbi 5.8g antenna. I looked up 10dbi 5.8g antennas and can only seem to find dual band. Of course I already had the argtek and sent it back because it didnt seem to help me much. But this is my question. Will a dual band antenna in those frequencies work the same, better, worse than a single frequency.
2017-2-17
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Works great for myself and for Dronesmeg.  We are now both kitted up with the Argetk and both have flights of over 2km.
My farthest so far is 2.3km or 7457ft and I am very happy with that.  Dronesmeg did 2km with his with high wind speeds no issues at all.

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... _id=GENERALOverview
2017-2-18
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-18 00:42
Works great for myself and for Dronesmeg.  We are now both kitted up with the Argetk and both have flights of over 2km.
My farthest so far is 2.3km or 7457ft and I am very happy with that.  Dronesmeg did 2km with his with high wind speeds no issues at all.

Yeah, wasn't competing for the prize, but now I'll go do 2.5 k just to spite you. lol {:4_181:}

But to answer the original question: Yes, definitely. The increased range is a game changer.
2017-2-18
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-18 03:47
Yeah, wasn't competing for the prize, but now I'll go do 2.5 k just to spite you. lol

But to answer the original question: Yes, definitely. The increased range is a game changer.

Thanks dronesmeg and blackcrusader for your 'real world' experiences of the Argtek question. I really wasn't after super long range as I have no wish to fly it out of sight (just yet) I wanted the better control and video connection that Argtek is promising. I went ahead and fitted it and you are right on the money, I am getting far fewer "bad connection" messages.
2017-2-18
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-18 07:10
Thanks dronesmeg and blackcrusader for your 'real world' experiences of the Argtek question. I really wasn't after super long range as I have no wish to fly it out of sight (just yet) I wanted the better control and video connection that Argtek is promising. I went ahead and fitted it and you are right on the money, I am getting far fewer "bad connection" messages.

This is true. It isn't just good for longer range. It gives you better signal quality at normal ranges. To get this footage, I had to fly through a fairly thick fog bank. I wonder if the stock controller would have maintained signal?

2017-2-18
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Not a chance we would have done that on stock.  We had to climb to 380m just to break the cloud base and even though distance wasn't so far we would get some messages.

2017-2-18
Use props
Paizano1
lvl.2
United States

So I am back again, I know I sent the argtek back because didn't seem right for me, but.... I went ahead and reordered it and put it on again. I want to be part of the long distance fliers like those posting. Again distance isn't much different, video does seems better, which it was first time also. Only a couple flights so far and will be keeping it this time even if I never get good results. But I am hopeful. I think it is just getting used to the way the different antennas transmit (aiming them seems more sensitive). Will keep trying. I did reach 1/2 mile in neighborhood. That seems pretty good with all the interference.  And it returned home after, that is always a plus. Thanks for reading.
2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Paizano1 Posted at 2017-2-24 17:31
So I am back again, I know I sent the argtek back because didn't seem right for me, but.... I went ahead and reordered it and put it on again. I want to be part of the long distance fliers like those posting. Again distance isn't much different, video does seems better, which it was first time also. Only a couple flights so far and will be keeping it this time even if I never get good results. But I am hopeful. I think it is just getting used to the way the different antennas transmit (aiming them seems more sensitive). Will keep trying. I did reach 1/2 mile in neighborhood. That seems pretty good with all the interference.  And it returned home after, that is always a plus. Thanks for reading.

You should really try an area far away from the cities and see.   Even yesterday I was flying though really thick fog and the Argtek makes a huge difference over stock.

I get peace of mind knowing my video connection to my phone is really stable.

2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Also if you are flying at cloud level you want to have good signals.

2017-2-25
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

I took my argtek setup out today. I flew it out 2000' with some trees in between. It maintained solid control and video stream. I probably could have kept going, but the wind was getting out of hand.
2017-2-25
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28107 ft
United States

Well, my experience with ARGtek has been not a very good one.  Like others have said, I did notice that the video seemed much more stable at farther distances, but my range was actually about the same.  And, yes, I did take it out of the "city" (where I live is only 9,000 people) into open fields and places where there shouldn't be any "interference".  One thing that has me puzzled, thought, and was brought up by Blue Proton's tech (the company I bought the kit from) is that he noticed several people reporting increased interference after the firmware upgrade to 1.8.  He had me roll mine back to 1.7, but I got all sorts of errors and malfunction warnings when I started the app, so I just upgraded back to 1.8.  For me, I can't justify $65 just for better video.  I understand if you want REAL RANGE to go for a PSP, but all the reviews and videos I've watched where people were flying a mile and more out were enough to convince me to try it.  I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones.  So I'm sending mine back.
2017-2-25
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

It has nothing to do with the firmware or software as the Argtek only increases the signal from the RC to the drone.
Not sure if your's is installed correctly but Dronesmeg and I did our own installs in my office.  Easy to do.

2017-2-25
Use props
Paizano1
lvl.2
United States

Finally went to a place that was a bit more clear, of course still in neighborhood but overlooking everything. I was able to get just over 4000ft at 150ft altitude before rth. Video stayed till the end but was a little choppy. Getting better. Furthest so far with argtek. Will keep trying for farther. So far glad I did repurchase the second time around.
2017-2-27
Use props
davcomnz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29964 ft
New Zealand

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-16 11:23
I reckon the DBS is butt-ugly !!  At least the Argtec is easily fitted - no screw ups drilling the case etc.

As I have posted many times in many threads on this subject ............

Out of a weeks worth of research to many sites, this is the most concise comparison of DBS versus Argtek, and I appreciate it. Am going wth the Argtek.
(True, that having visited all those sites set the basis for being able to agree with your comments Nigel. Many thanks.)
2017-10-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -leaderboard.76464/
2017-10-2
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

Do it Do it Do it!!!
2017-10-3
Use props
Hymster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1012100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put it on my p3s and I think it helped a great deal.
2017-10-3
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I’m considering fitting the Argtek, how difficult is it to fit
2017-10-3
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-3 12:01

It's not to hard to install. The main thing is to take your time and be thorough with is the cleaning off of the glue and fitting the wire connections properly. If the connections aren't done correctly your range will be very short. Follow the steps and it's not bad.
2017-10-3
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-3 12:01

Here the reference.

2017-10-3
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

I got 2000 m with the skyreat parbolic and the app "Icarus for dji"
2017-10-3
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks, one more question. The kit on amazon U.K. only comes with the flat outer panels and the centre Omani directional antenna, is this enough.
2017-10-3
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-16 11:23
I reckon the DBS is butt-ugly !!  At least the Argtec is easily fitted - no screw ups drilling the case etc.

As I have posted many times in many threads on this subject ............

Nigel, you're always the best!
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules