Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dutch Pilots in the Forum ?
123Next >
12411 95 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Might be useful to share tips and tricks with each other about flying in the Netherlands.
example:
Fly locations, regulations, events etc, etc ...
Please in English, so the moderator understand it.
Want to talk in Dutch? send a private message or post your message in English and Dutch.
Area: Flevoland
Phantom 3 Standard (for Training)
Phantom 4 (for Work)

*New rules in the Netherlands*https://www.drones.nl/nieuws/201 ... voor-hobby-vliegers

2017-1-13
Use props
fans1a1d3af5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88691 ft
Netherlands

Good to be here i am from Alkmaar
2017-1-14
Use props
rdvid
lvl.2

Netherlands

Im not a pilot but I am from Rotterdam god bless you!
2017-1-14
Use props
fans92b36800
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023182 ft
Netherlands

Delft hier! Als je locaties zoekt in de buurt (mogelijlk niet allemaal geheel legaal), laat maar weten.
2017-1-14
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

Regio Den Bosch checkt in!
2017-1-14
Use props
Marvin Verbeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1357923 ft
Netherlands

Regio Den Haag/ Kijkduin hier. Heb mijn Dji Mavic Pro flymore combo sinds een paar dagen.

Ben nog aan het oefenen om mooie aerial movie/ foto's te maken

idd een goed idee om tips met elkaar uit te delen
2017-1-14
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi all Dutch pilots or to be pilots.
Good to see more fellow countrymen here!

X-link http://mavicpilots.com/threads/the-flying-dutchman-corner.770/
2017-1-14
Use props
skyfox2501
New

Netherlands

Hattem ook aanwezig.
Sinds kort een p3s inbezit
2017-1-14
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Can Dutch "pilots" not read ?
2017-1-14
Use props
teunie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Good to be here i am from Kerkrade .phantom 3 standard
2017-1-14
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

NL: Handig en zeer leerzaam.
http://www.phantompilots.com
=========================
EN: Convenient and very educational.
http://www.phantompilots.com

2017-1-14
Use props
freewilly134
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42008 ft
Netherlands

I am a Phantom 3 Advpilot and live in Hoek van Holland.
No no-flyzones in this area. Only a lot of policecopters because
we have the ferry to England (Harwich) and people try to come
over to England...fly safe overhere
Regards
Rob
2017-1-15
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124304 ft
Netherlands

Yeah, I'm from Amstelveen, in the middle of the Schiphol CTR, so no flying over here
2017-1-15
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Netherlands

BWJ Posted at 2017-1-14 13:05
Can Dutch "pilots" not read ?

I was thinking exactly the same
2017-1-15
Use props
skyfox2501
New

Netherlands

Keep thinking brutes
2017-1-15
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Netherlands

Proved, even a name is difficult Just kidding
2017-1-15
Use props
PieterMX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593980 ft
Netherlands

Arnhem checking in ;)
2017-1-16
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Het uiterste zuiden (import), check! Vlak onder EHBK CTR, Brutus kent t wel..
2017-1-16
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Netherlands

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-16 14:58
Het uiterste zuiden (import), check! Vlak onder EHBK CTR, Brutus kent t wel..[view_image]

Haha, ik zeg helemaal niks.......
2017-1-16
Use props
fansd4d1e471
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376614 ft
Netherlands

Hoofddorp check!
2017-1-17
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

I'm not a pilot yet (the Mavic will be my first drone, ordered and now waiting to get it). But anyhow: Edam area checking in.
For info on Dutch laws I found this simple list very useful for private/recreational flying: https://www.dronewatch.nl/wet-en-regelgeving/
For more details on the Dutch laws: https://www.dronewatch.nl/category/regelgeving/. And don't forget to check the website of the government for information as well (bit harder to read that the explained parts on other website).

As for a map that shows no-fly zones, and other special zones: http://www.vliegjedroneveilig.nl/kaart/.
About this map: blue area's are CTR: no flying allowed. Purple zones allow flying as long as you bring an extra person to watch the airspace with you because it's a low-flight zone.
Seems like Noord-Brabant and Zuid-Holland are nasty places to be for flying. I just have to get out of town and am allowed to take off where I live!

2017-1-17
Use props
fans028c5752
lvl.1

Netherlands

Someone in Holland owning a Osmo Pro?

Iemand in Nl die een Osmo Pro gebruikt
2017-1-20
Use props
Timmy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 878097 ft
Belgium

From Belgium!
2017-1-21
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Belgium here
2017-1-22
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Eindhoven represent!
2017-1-23
Use props
Wottt
lvl.2

Netherlands

fans028c5752 Posted at 2017-1-20 05:41
Someone in Holland owning a Osmo Pro?

Iemand in Nl die een Osmo Pro gebruikt

No, but you can rent one at budgetcam
2017-1-24
Use props
Wottt
lvl.2

Netherlands

Amsterdam here, no fly zone, but Zaandam is close by. Owner of a MavicPro, do like this drone. Don't like the image quality that much though.
2017-1-24
Use props
Henk3771
lvl.1

Netherlands

Wottt Posted at 2017-1-24 13:58
No, but you can rent one at budgetcam

I've got one..
In case of problems or questions, it's smart to have someone to discuss with
2017-1-27
Use props
sjassie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4603 ft
Netherlands

I have got mine a few days ago.
But yesterday it kept beeping with the message "stick-error"
did not dare to take off.
what now?
2017-1-28
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

sjassie Posted at 2017-1-28 01:44

Try to calibrate the controller.
2017-1-28
Use props
Wottt
lvl.2

Netherlands

Henk3771 Posted at 2017-1-27 04:36
I've got one..
In case of problems or questions, it's smart to have someone to discuss with

Nice, would you share some raw footage? I'm really curious, but on youtube everything looks so mushy and noisy. Didn't see any film which looked good on the big screen. I'm coming from the Sony a7s2 and FS7 which have a much bigger sensor, I know, but still
2017-1-28
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Trouble in paradise? Living in Eindhoven it seems that I have to travel quite some kilometers before I can take off legally. Really? Of course I'm aware that an airport is nearby but flying not much higher than the tree line wouldn't do any harm, in my opinion. Anyway, what is a good spot for practice - learning to fly? When I had my Phantom 1 I went to Meerhoven Park which has a large open field, and I wasn't the only one flying there. Now I don't dare returning there anymore, and I suspect that the P4P won't even take off (haven't tried though).

Any advice?
2017-1-28
Use props
sjassie
lvl.2
Netherlands

sjassie Posted at 2017-1-28 01:44

After a calibration of the sticks, all is normal again.
2017-1-28
Use props
sjassie
lvl.2
Netherlands

stalker Posted at 2017-1-28 03:48
Trouble in paradise? Living in Eindhoven it seems that I have to travel quite some kilometers before I can take off legally. Really? Of course I'm aware that an airport is nearby but flying not much higher than the tree line wouldn't do any harm, in my opinion. Anyway, what is a good spot for practice - learning to fly? When I had my Phantom 1 I went to Meerhoven Park which has a large open field, and I wasn't the only one flying there. Now I don't dare returning there anymore, and I suspect that the P4P won't even take off (haven't tried though).

Any advice?

just take care of the flightlevel. (height). and don't go to close to EHV-airport
Always keep your aircraft in sight.

good luck
jAn
2017-1-28
Use props
VB Phantom 4
New
Netherlands

Appelscha checking in. Phantom 4 flyer here. Got my phantom two days ago..still learning the ropes ;)
2017-1-28
Use props
fansb45dfe6e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679724 ft
Netherlands

Ermelo is checking in
2017-1-29
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Any advice?

You are living in a realy bad region to fly...

Eindhoven

Eindhoven
2017-1-29
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Any advice?

The "rijksoverheid/kadaster" map is quite unclear. It says you're not allowed to fly in a CTR. It's colored red (pink actually). Period. Does not diffenrentiate in altitude. Why?
Just think about this: a VFR flight is not allowed to descend below 500 feet agl unless in an emergency or for takeoff/ landing. Above congested areas (village/city/crowds/industry) this is even 1000 feet. IFR traffic and high speed traffic stays higher. So back to VFR: in a CTR these are in contact with ATC and being monitored by ATC. The moment the flight goes below minimum they are breaking rules and ATC will react so this won't happen on a regular basis.
Now let's take this VFR flight out of the CTR where, acoording to rijksoverheid, you are allowed to go up to 120m. IF the airplane decides to go below minimum there is NO ONE to tell, except people on the groud that this guy is breaking the rules. And trust me, this happens alot in class G. It's PPL pilot's playground and also that crowd contains a lot of idiots. I know of scenarios with even fighter jets outside low flying areas that bust 500 feet minimum easily. Could be a perfect rendez-vous spot with your drone.
If you ask me: it is much safer to operate a drone in a CTR at 100 m than in class G.
Just stay well clear (5 miles) from the reference point of an airport and add another 2 miles to the extended centreline of the runways, stay away from low flying zones, know the elevation of your takeoff point (we have hills here) , go in stealth mode when flying over other people's houses (don't film. It does not scare people giving up their privacy on internet multiple ways but it scares them that they might be filmed from 100m altitude). And if you lose your drone you could  be prosecuted for invading privacy;/.
Just don't do stupid things. I do and it's fun. Life is too silly to be bothered with that really.
But then again, this is me..outcast with attitude. Ps. Your p4 will take off unless you're really close to an airfield. Don't forget this should be fun, so have fun.
2017-1-29
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Netherlands

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-29 13:05
The "rijksoverheid/kadaster" map is quite unclear. It says you're not allowed to fly in a CTR. It's colored red (pink actually). Period. Does not diffenrentiate in altitude. Why?
Just think about this: a VFR flight is not allowed to descend below 500 feet agl unless in an emergency or for takeoff/ landing. Above congested areas (village/city/crowds/industry) this is even 1000 feet. IFR traffic and high speed traffic stays higher. So back to VFR: in a CTR these are in contact with ATC and being monitored by ATC. The moment the flight goes below minimum they are breaking rules and ATC will react so this won't happen on a regular basis.
Now let's take this VFR flight out of the CTR where, acoording to rijksoverheid, you are allowed to go up to 120m. IF the airplane decides to go below minimum there is NO ONE to tell, except people on the groud that this guy is breaking the rules. And trust me, this happens alot in class G. It's PPL pilot's playground and also that crowd contains a lot of idiots. I know of scenarios with even fighter jets outside low flying areas that bust 500 feet minimum easily. Could be a perfect rendez-vous spot with your drone.

Recently I have my Light RPAS license.
In training wast told that the regulation is fairly straightforward in NL.
Especially the no-fly zones.
Where they watch the most is that you wisely and with common sense deals with the drone and the safety of others.
Myself live near Lelystad airport, and they have the nasty habit to constantly low (about 30/40 meters out fly the village with their "private toys." Some do not even have a registration number.
It's a pain in the ass but you have to dealing with it.
I am sometimes approached by the police, but they usually have no idea what they are talking about. So with the right attitude you'll have no problems.
Rule of thumb is: Use your common sense and respect the pricacy of others.Also, I made it known to my neighbors that I occasionally with a drone over the neighborhood fly around. If they have problems with it they can express this.
So far no one has trouble with .. they love it.

Regards, JP (Fly Zone Flevoland)
2017-1-29
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Stefan form Zoetermeer.

A waypoint fan!
2017-1-30
Use props