Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Handle for the X5s?
23947 54 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I have been asking this for 2 years i was one of the first owners of Inspire 2.. Nothing to date so frustrating!! you'd think they would have seen the GO PRO Karma (yes a fail) but what a great idea.. yes you can hold the inspire in your hand but its a lot of work.. would be nice to get the portability and use the awesome camera without the drone..
2018-1-26
Use props
fansb1adb609
New

Canada

Has DJI said ANYTHING about their "coming soon" Osmo for the X5S and X7 yet?
2018-1-28
Use props
MvdB4
lvl.1
Netherlands

I just took this screenshot in the DJI store on the DJI GO 4 app. After a year it still says "An all-new handheld camera mount3 is compatible with the Zenmuse X4S and the Zenmuse X5S, bringing these cameras down to the ground for more flexible filmmaking. *COMING SOON"
The fact that the X5S was going to be compatible with an all-new handheld camera mount was one of the biggest reasons I bought the Inspire 2. I'm running a film production company in the Netherlands. Being able to shoot handheld is very important. In my opinion DJI just gave me false information at the release of the Inspire 2.

I already called with DJI and I have send 8 emails about the matter. The only response I get is that they can't give me any information. The fact that they still have "coming soon" on the Inspire 2 page doesn't seem to bother them at all...

Thanks DJI for making me buy something I wouldn't have bought if I knew you would provide me with false information!!

2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MvdB4 Posted at 2018-3-6 04:35
I just took this screenshot in the DJI store on the DJI GO 4 app. After a year it still says "An all-new handheld camera mount3 is compatible with the Zenmuse X4S and the Zenmuse X5S, bringing these cameras down to the ground for more flexible filmmaking. *COMING SOON"
The fact that the X5S was going to be compatible with an all-new handheld camera mount was one of the biggest reasons I bought the Inspire 2. I'm running a film production company in the Netherlands. Being able to shoot handheld is very important. In my opinion DJI just gave me false information at the release of the Inspire 2.

Actually we have released Inspire 2 Handle Grips, which will help to turn your Inspire 2 into a handheld camera, so you can easily capture ground shots.
Please check more info here: https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-handheld-grips
2018-3-7
Use props
Fortune
lvl.1
United States

Any update on this, and not just the handle grips, but an Osmo made for the X5S? Starting on filming for real estate and carrying the Inspire around isn't quite the most optimal way to do things...
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fortune Posted at 2018-3-7 19:58
Any update on this, and not just the handle grips, but an Osmo made for the X5S? Starting on filming for real estate and carrying the Inspire around isn't quite the most optimal way to do things...

Sorry we still have no news regarding this, please note the future release in our website.
2018-3-8
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2

Just saw this on a drone review website "After the Zenmuse was released we received an email from one of our readers who shared details on a new Ronin prototype in development that will accomodate the new Zenmuse X7 camera gimbal.

Basically the new Ronin is a camera brain with built in stabilization that is purpose built for the X7.  Roughly about the sames size as an fs5 camera body in a hand-rig, you attach your Zenmuse X7 to this “brain” and the built in steadycam arm adds an extra axis of up/down cotnrol while the X7 gimbal manages the other axes.

The body/brain contains a bevvy of camera controls: start/stop, xlr, sdi, etc.  With this new X7 Ronin, DJI is building an all-in-one professional camera system that doesn’t require flight or steadycam in a smaller lightweight package.  The camera portion can be swapped between the Ronin rig and your drone."
2018-4-9
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

im really thinking about switching over to either a red raven or Sony a7sii soon. if dji drops a new osmo x7 I will buy it the day they drop it
2018-4-15
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

DarKSpirit Posted at 2018-4-9 05:12
Just saw this on a drone review website "After the Zenmuse was released we received an email from one of our readers who shared details on a new Ronin prototype in development that will accomodate the new Zenmuse X7 camera gimbal.

Basically the new Ronin is a camera brain with built in stabilization that is purpose built for the X7.  Roughly about the sames size as an fs5 camera body in a hand-rig, you attach your Zenmuse X7 to this “brain” and the built in steadycam arm adds an extra axis of up/down cotnrol while the X7 gimbal manages the other axes.

how legit of info is for this x7 ronin?
2018-4-19
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

IDEAFILMS Posted at 2018-4-15 06:03
im really thinking about switching over to either a red raven or Sony a7sii soon. if dji drops a new osmo x7 I will buy it the day they drop it

I'm glad to see that so many others are disappointed with the absence of this promised OSMO Handle for the X5S.  I got tired a waiting and went the Sony route.  Sorry DJI ... hopefully you will come out with an OSMO Handle or even a Ronin for the X5S someday.  So many of us are very disappointed for sure.
2018-5-1
Use props
Fortune
lvl.1
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 2018-5-1 00:05
I'm glad to see that so many others are disappointed with the absence of this promised OSMO Handle for the X5S.  I got tired a waiting and went the Sony route.  Sorry DJI ... hopefully you will come out with an OSMO Handle or even a Ronin for the X5S someday.  So many of us are very disappointed for sure.

Yup! Still waiting.
2018-5-9
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

I guess I'm waiting now for DJI to come back and say that they are not going to release a handle
2018-5-10
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>

Hey DJI! Where is our OSMO for the X5S/X7?!
2018-8-21
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off
2019-3-27
Use props
Zefred
lvl.1

Canada

DarKSpirit Posted at 2019-3-27 19:20
I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off

Well... it is now 2020 and... still nuttin'
2020-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules