Northern California
7103 68 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

DT393 Posted at 2017-2-8 11:13
Anyone got a good safe spot a not so crazy drive from SF I should check out? My Mavic comes in today so I figure I'm up for a first flight this weekend

Along the Pacifica coast ,There's some interesting spots along the cliffs and it's safe .Just watch the north end of Pacifica Ca coast due to hang gliders and paragliders in the area. Flying over the ocean is mostly safe .Good Luck! Stay Safe.
2017-2-24
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Imjamu Posted at 2017-1-29 16:41
Look into drone flight training courses.  I took a couple courses from DartDrones.  They're pretty good.

I took their Beginner I class and Phantom / Inspire Class and the advanced class on way points and orbits etc.
And it was great!! Bob Wess the instructor was awesome. Well worth the money but not cheap.
2017-2-24
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Weather is cooperating here in sunny Santa Rosa- more sorties await!  
2017-2-25
Use props
briguy73
lvl.1

United States

Checking in from Sacramento!  Anybody have any good spots around the area to fly?  I'm driving up to Reno today and back tomorrow.  Going to be some good snow footage with the Mavic!   
2017-2-28
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

Too windy & rainy yesterday, and today appears same.  More setting changes for now inside the hangar.  
2017-3-5
Use props
GreyBird
lvl.1
United States

Hey fellow Marin... I'm in San Rafael.

I got a Mavic the end of Jan. but only 7 or 10 flights in due to the weather. It's also hard to find good (legal, non-residential) places to fly.

Any tips on places you've found ?

Once I took it out of Beginner mode it worked much better - before that very glitchy with a few times of it wanting to go Home apparently and having to fight it to land. Some electrical interference I suspect (power wires) too.
2017-3-7
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

Perfect day to fly, but yesterday was packed w/backlog of honey-doo chores.  But today, it will be even nicer, so I'm sneaking up to Lake Sonoma to cycle my batteries (3).  Great location, and rangers have no issues flying at base of dam & the fish hatchery.
2017-3-12
Use props
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

Hey from Lodi, Ca. I am new to quad copters. I bought a Phantom 3 Pro recently. Getting my legs under me and starting to practice what are skills I think I will need for the drones intended purpose. It is a blast to fly.
2017-3-12
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Good morning from Concord, California
2017-3-13
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of locals here.
Checking in from Martinez/Pleasant Hill area.

Looks like the thread has been quiet ever since the weather warmed up
2017-3-13
Use props
BrucesterJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47999 ft
United States

Hello to all from Sacramento..   

Novice P3P flyer. Also have a Slowstick and a Radian.
2017-5-21
Use props
BrucesterJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47999 ft
United States

briguy73 Posted at 2017-2-28 12:52
Checking in from Sacramento!  Anybody have any good spots around the area to fly?  I'm driving up to Reno today and back tomorrow.  Going to be some good snow footage with the Mavic!

I like to take mine down to the old Sac area across the river..

It's so congested around town here..   After some racing out at Prairie City.. I drove off to my own remote corner away from the peeps and flew mine.. but just as I got about  50' up.. a ranger drove up and told me to land it or it's his. It's not legal to fly a drone in any of our state parks. what a bunch of crap is that.!
2017-5-21
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there New Flyers,

please feel free to reach out if you have a questions regarding DJI products and or need help flying them. Funny I have been on here for years and still a beginner :-).

We use the DJI buddy box (coach mode) to teach you how to fly the Matrice M100, Inspire 1, Phantom 3pro and if the firmware gets finally sorted out even a Mavic Pro.

We teach classes on Treasure Island Mon to Friday as well as on some weekends ( by appointment )  

you will find us under sfdroneschool.com

Fly safe
2017-5-29
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

Any Modesto pilots?
2017-7-23
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

MavicMule Posted at 2017-1-29 09:57
Hello from Santa Rosa, currently awaiting arrival while flying my other quads.  I can't wait!

How about Indio California ? near palm springs ?  Yes I know it is to HOT to fly here  115
2017-8-5
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

SFOPhantom Posted at 2017-5-29 17:33
Hi there New Flyers,

please feel free to reach out if you have a questions regarding DJI products and or need help flying them. Funny I have been on here for years and still a beginner :-).

I learned the hard way Crash the $50.00 Drones worked my way up to the $200.00 Drones had 1 crash until I bought my P3S 74 Flights & no problems -- but I (we) are always learning every time  I fly , windy different locations  now it's fun & not costing me anything. The hardest thing to do is flying on a windy day.
Cheers to all !
2017-8-6
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

I picked up a new MPP, flew it yesterday, very peppy, might be the fresh battery.  My original MP is flying awesome with zero issues.  I live about one mile SW of the recent Fire disasters that wiped out a big area of Santa Rosa (95403).  I  held off from flying until they started lifting restrictions.   Numerous friends were affected, with only a few luckily saving their property, and the rest are still healing from total loss.  I have access to fly/film, but no desire as it’s an utter wasteland.  
2017-10-28
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm in Dublin, East Bay area. If anyone in the area has a P4P i would really like to check out some of their piloting experience. I have a new P4P that i just got and will fly it this weekend for the first time. 1/20/18
2018-1-16
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I'm in Dublin.
2018-1-30
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

marvzz Posted at 2017-1-14 09:56
East bay area here. Like end of Bart..

Fremont? Me too!
2018-2-7
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

What do you guys say we get together and fly around some time?
2018-2-8
Use props
mwu2
lvl.4

United States

dotfiles Posted at 2017-1-14 09:26
Hey NorCal friends! I'm located near San Francisco.

Same here. Anyone know Where I can fly in the city?
2018-2-9
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm in Dublin. Are your still around. I'm flying a P4P
2018-2-11
Use props
Safety Guy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DanielTheRider Posted at 2018-2-8 08:50
What do you guys say we get together and fly around some time?

I'd like to meet some other pilots in the East Bay. I'm in Dublin and get to the Fremont area often. Perhaps we can meet for coffee and make a plan to fly together.
2018-2-11
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

Hey!  I'm from Sacramento - I don't have a drone yet, but I'm looking into the Spark.  Looks like a fun hobby and I want to play too
2018-2-24
Use props
dvl12
lvl.1

Hi,  We are TraceAir - we use digital copies of construction sites to automate earthmoving. We are making a "virtual engineer" that automatically compares digital copies of construction sites made with drones against designs and blueprints to help construction teams build faster & cheaper.  We raised a seed round of investment and hiring great people. Here is a link to Drone/Field Operations Manager opening at our company. Please read more and apply on Angel List if interested. Thanks! https://angel.co/l/27bTvs  Nikita Ushakov, Co-Founder, Head of Marketing @ TraceAir
2018-4-12
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

mwu2 Posted at 2018-2-9 21:14
Same here. Anyone know Where I can fly in the city?

Fort Funston is the place to fly in San Francisco! And it's totally legal too (just can't fly with hang gliders).

I'm in Oakland.
https://youtu.be/3MKQA-hYdAE
2018-5-20
Use props
MNLV2FLY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7710233 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going to be in San Francisco/ San Jose in a couple weeks.  Heading up to Sanoma for a couple days too.  Who has suggestions on where to fly?  Also, is Fort Funston still open to flying.  By the way I am Part 107 certified.  
2018-10-1
Use props
Emanuelpr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122313 ft
Puerto Rico

Good  i am from puerto rico
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules