GPS Position Jump
800 4 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50092 ft
United Kingdom

As I am a newcommer to drones, I have been getting used to my Mavic slowly.
It has been performing perfectly apart from compass calibration warnings on the first 2 flights. Moving my position by about 10 metres cured those.

I wanted to show off my new toy to my nephew and niece who were visiting, so I thought I would do a quick hover in my back garden. I know this isn't very smart.

All was well for about 1 minute, then I made a slow fly pass. As soon as I got about 3 metres from the house the aircraft started to drift randomly before heading towards the fence. I quickly initiated a landing and it continued to drift but touched down softly on the grass about 2 metres away from the fence.

When I replay on the DJI Go app, I can see the random drifting track, but also the controller position (blue dot) starts jumping around past the 1 minute mark.

The satellite signal strength is good all the time with 9 or 10 satellites visual. The Mavic remained in GPS mode all the time (not ATTI or anything).

It was dusk and the light was fading fast. Could it be that the visual positioning was dropping out and GPS is just not that accurate? I hadn't seen the controller dot jump like that on any other flights.
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync the flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-1-15
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 02:10
Could you please sync the flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to look into it.

Thanks Mindy - I have PM'd you with the details.
2017-1-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

9 or 10 sats is not that accurate. At 15 is it more accurate. Might be the problem. Can you screenrecord the playback and post it?
2017-1-16
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-1-16 07:40
9 or 10 sats is not that accurate. At 15 is it more accurate. Might be the problem. Can you screenrecord the playback and post it?

Thanks, that is interesting about the number of sats.

I can replay the flight on my phone, but out of interest is there a way to sync. onto a desktop to get a bigger image? Otherwise I guess I can grab it from the phone.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules