Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic controller + Pixel XL - help?
1503 3 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5e38d7f1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

Just got my mavic today and am tresting things out

I have a Google Pixel XL, so I took out the Type-C connector and also swapped out the little black USB holder on the left controller arm.

With a case on, it just won't fit. With the case off, it's still quite difficult and really doesn't feel that secure. Moreover, the USB doesn't really want to go into the phone cleanly - it pushes back against the arm pretty easily and also wants to "fold upwards". When it's slid to the bottom of the arm, the connector is sort of held in place by the rubber on the bottom of the arm, but it folds up very easily nothing securing it "in the middle of the arm".

Lastly, it seems to not fold in cleanly. I have aligned the port with the little notch on the controller for when you fold it in it still "pushes outwards".

How can I make this work better? Anybody have any tips or techniques they have employed? The little fold out is neat and everything, but the clamp-style was so much easier and reliable with the previous controllers
2017-1-13
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Do you have the little frame for the grip-usb installed?
On my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge w/qi cover) i removed the frame and had no problems with the connector.
The phone was t thick for the grip, so i only got it in a few millimeters.
With my Oneplus 3T i still have not installed the frame, but the phone seats fully in the grips.

Hopefully DJI will start selling the rubber pieces in the grip so that users can modify them to fit thicker devices.
I would start cutting some rubber in order to get the phone to fit. If you change phone later on you can always add some sugru, hotglue or similar.

I have not had any issues with the grip not folding in flush.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans5e38d7f1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-13 15:58
Do you have the little frame for the grip-usb installed?
On my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge w/qi cover) i removed the frame and had no problems with the connector.
The phone was t thick for the grip, so i only got it in a few millimeters.

I do have the frame installed - though it is the one I switched out since the default was for the smaller port. I suppose I could leave it removed, it doesn't do too much besides some minimal organization (I assume).

I did read about some people cutting and even completely removing the rubber. Something I'd certainly like to avoid, but I guess it could be an option...
2017-1-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have the Pixel XL and don't have any problems with placing it in the holder. My Pixel XL is in an original Google clear case on the back and I have a thin glass protector on the front. I replaced the IOS cable on the side of the controller with the type C cable. The holder arms on the controller will move out quite a long way so I firstly move the connector to the outer most position of the arm and push in the phone to the type C connection. Then I just move the other arm until it just meets the phone and it will not move from there. You don't need to push the phone all the way into the holder for it to stay in place.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules