Finally this Noob is off the ground!
890 10 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

Just got it from my first flight and I must say it went well...

Tried to stay at about 6 ft just to learn and pratice a little bit.  Had a great time.

So what FREE video software do you guys recomend to add music and or to cut and alter my videos with?

I got to admitt when I did my return to home landing i got nervous when she went up to 30 ft and came home

When I finally got home had a problem trying to pull the memory card out of the slot so i just plugged in my usd cord to the gimble...any advice on that?

The only other thing is on my map on the bottom left it remained blank...my location was turned on and i got my home point and arrows on there but no map to say.

Thanks for all your help

Chris

2017-1-13
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Hey Chris - congratulations on your first flight!  For free video editing software, look at iMovie for the Mac or Movie Maker on the PC. Both are free and you can find various tutorials on YouTube to get you started.

-Dan
2017-1-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can cache your flight map while at home, and it should be available when you go flying.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-13
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

I have the same issue with pulling the SD card. When you push it in to release it, it doesn't pop out enough to get a hold on it. Rather than fight it I just use a USB cable to pull images and videos from the card.
2017-1-13
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i use microsoft movie maker its easy to use
2017-1-14
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you overcome your original issues?
2017-1-14
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

For video editing I would recommend using Hitfilm 4 Express. It's the free version of Hitfilm 4 & has a lot of advanced features.
Hitfilm 4 Express
2017-1-14
Use props
Making Memories
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206030 ft
United States

Chris,  Congrats on the new Phantom and your first flight.  I too am pretty new to this and have been flying since Oct last year. Software, I hav etried movie Maker  and I =Movie
2017-1-14
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

drb1215 Posted at 2017-1-13 18:32
Hey Chris - congratulations on your first flight!  For free video editing software, look at iMovie for the Mac or Movie Maker on the PC. Both are free and you can find various tutorials on YouTube to get you started.

-Dan

iMovie is free? I took a look but it I could only find a paid product on the app store? Can you point me in the right direction please?
2017-1-14
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Big Daddy Davee Posted at 2017-1-14 05:07
iMovie is free? I took a look but it I could only find a paid product on the app store? Can you point me in the right direction please?

Hi - Depending on how old your mac is it might already be installed on your computer. Have you checked your Applications folder, or used spotlight to do a search for "iMovie".

If it is not there you have a couple of options:
1. Do a google search for "how to get iMovie free for mac". There are several links and tips out there.
2. Go to the App store, search for iMovie. Once you get your search results, next to iMovie there should be a button that says "Get" (If you open up into the detailed view of iMovie it will show you a button that says "4.99" or whatever the price is now.  Click the "get" button and you should be able to download it for free. (this use to work, however I can't check it since I already have iMovie installed).

If it ends up that Apple is charging 4.99 for iMovie, it is well worth the nominal fee...and sorry if I mislead anyone.

-Dan
2017-1-14
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Hey dude, welcome. A bit new to this myself, but I am in here everyday reading and learning good and bad. I only have a few flights nothing heavy though. That is soon to come.
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules