Gee... I don't know whether just throw it in the trash, strip it ...
1234Next >
5167 131 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 11:05
Please respond to post #32, and get the replacement which you require. ;-)
You replied to each post, but the only one that matters most. Ha

Why? So they can sweep the problem under the rug and it be forgotten? How does that help people here? It doesn't. If they are looking for defective Phantoms, I am sure mine isn't special and they can find their own.
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 11:52
So you have never made a mistake at work, like shipping the wrong thing or whatnot?

You sound like a small child throwing her toys out of the pram with this attitude.

No, this thing is dangerous as is. I have been flying for decades and it is still just a little hairy for me to fly. Someone with less experience, I can see them flying into a house, tree, or gosh even people. If they manage to escape that tragedy, I could easily see a flyaway happening.

Heck I had taken it out to my field today to make sure the same faults would happen. And about 90 seconds into the flight an error pops up saying compass error. Now it doesn't know what direction it is going, what it reports is wrong, and letting go of the sticks the wind just takes it away. At about 8 minutes into the flight, the camera starts bobbing up and down and the video becomes useless to fly by. No way would I let any newbie fly this thing. I am surprised that DJI sells something like this to the inexperienced.
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Been offered a fix, there's narry more to relate. Adios... Amigos...

Ok, move along-move along folks. There is no good to see here. ;-)

Have yourself a nice day... Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-14 00:09
We're very sorry about it, OP.  What's your order number? We'll look into the production line and see what went wrong.  Also, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to establish a repair/replacement case and we'll exchange it for you.

DJI tests drones  after drones are repaired or refurbished, so what happens to you might be a mistake in our procedures. Please contact us and we'll take measures to retain you as a satisfied customer.

Wow, can you believe the gull? Apparently the op has chosen blindly to ignore your most generous offer, to instead continue down the dead end pointless charade route of shame.

What a pity. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 12:24
One of the dji reps has told you in a post (that you chose to ignore) that you may have been accidently sent a defective drone.  He said they will take care of it and would like more info to see how it happened.  All companies make mistakes because, well... they employ us defective humans that sometimes don't follow standard operating procedure.

This silly attitude you have is pointless, no one cares about you or your defective drone at this point.

Because they want to destroy all of the evidence that it ever happened. Makes sense to me. Why should I help them destroy the evidence? That would make me legally an accomplice. Wouldn't be more helpful to people to know what to expect and have the evidence to back it up? I think so. I still can't believe they sent this out with all of the old logs on it showing it had the same problems since November, the beginning of the logs.
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 12:39
Wow, can you believe the gull? Apparently the op has chosen blindly to ignore your most generous offer, to instead continue down the dead end pointless charade route of shame.

What a pity. ;-)

That offer doesn't help anybody except DJI. Destroying evidence is a crime. And that is what they are offering. Nothing generous about it at all. It only serves DJI. It doesn't help others now or in the future.
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 12:49
That offer doesn't help anybody except DJI. Destroying evidence is a crime. And that is what they are offering. Nothing generous about it at all. It only serves DJI. It doesn't help others now or in the future.

If you continue down this negative vein your post will likely be removed as will your negative self.
& If you only created this thread to make your negative comments, then you have succeeded. Nicely.

Thanks for your input. It's been duly noted and appreciated by all.

Take your good drone out, and fly it....  Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 12:55
If you continue down this negative vein your post will likely be removed as will your negative self.
& If you only created this thread to make your negative comments, then you have succeeded. Nicely.

There has been no negatively by me at all, just the truth. You on the other hand are encouraging illegal activities. And there have been lots of comments here about all of your rude behavior over the past several months. Not to just me, but many others as well. If you want to be helpful, that is one thing. If you want to belittle others for helping that is a totally different thing.
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you respond to post #32, you can resolve your issues.
What more could I belittle you with? Do the right thing, and end this nonsense buddy.

Sometimes people need a little scolding, so be it. We are only human.
But that doesn't forgive your inability to respond "in kind" to post #32. Right? Ha

Bother me what you do... That's on you now. Go away.
I told you last night someone would be along to assist you, they have, now play right or take your balls and run home.
Trying to be fair and square with you here, as most others have already too. What's the matter with you, being so belligerent much? Hehehe
& what illegal activities, it's a hobby drone, not a gun, or broken rocket launcher.
Get a frickin refund and move on...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 13:16
If you respond to post #32, you can resolve your issues.
What more could I belittle you with? Do the right thing, and end this nonsense buddy.

How does that help others RedHotPoker? It doesn't. To help others it sometimes requires personal sacrifice, something you probably don't know anything about. I am sure there has been thousands of Phantoms returned and what good as come from it? As it just keeps happening over and over again. Time to do something different.
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 13:37
How will bitching on the internet help?

It isn't bitching Alec, it is called science and research. And it will probably form into a Phantom help group. As it is badly needed.
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 13:37
How will bitching on the internet help?

Let's evacuate these "premises"...

We have exhausted our relief efforts. At All Costs. Ha

Resistance is futile. Chuckles

Like I have no-thing better to do with my precious, most valuable time.
Banging my head against the brick n mortor wall, because it feels so good, when I stop?

Post #32 is the proper & only resolve. Be there or be square...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 13:46
Let's evacuate these "premises"...

We have exhausted our relief efforts. At All Costs. Ha

But all the research would be lost. There are logs to analyze and component failures to sift through. Why pass up this opportunity in the name of science?
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 13:56
But all the research would be lost. There are logs to analyze and component failures to sift through. Why pass up this opportunely in the name of science?

Please See www.phantonhelp.com Or www.healthydrones.com
There you can provide the Log files, for your entertainment, or education.

Have fun.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 13:59
Please See www.phantonhelp.com Or www.healthydrones.com
There you can provide the Log files, for your entertainment, or education.

If there weren't for people like me, you won't be enjoying technology today. Just something to think about.
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 14:03
If there weren't for people like me, you won't be enjoying technology today. Just something to think about.

Yes, the drones you designed and build are my pastime...

Particularly fond of the Align TRex 700E DFC HV  Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 14:08
Advice taken, I have left the building, this one is a lost cause.

Elvis has left the building... Those are his footprints right there. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-14 14:08
Advice taken, I have left the building, this one is a lost cause.

You don't care about Phantoms and how and why they can fail? Nor care about what you could learn from the logs? Oh I see.
2017-1-14
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I have sent my PS3 back 2 times and its been replaced 2 times at no charge and each time replaced with a new drone..one was 'distance issue' firmware related other was stress cracks..I have two P3S now so I always have a spare when needed 300 + flights and no complaints these are not 'toys'..ready for a P4P soon when kinks are worked out and planning on getting two for same reason. cheers Darrin
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

proimages Posted at 2017-1-14 14:27
I have sent my PS3 back 2 times and its been replaced 2 times at no charge and each time replaced with a new drone..one was 'distance issue' firmware related other was stress cracks..I have two P3S now so I always have a spare when needed 300 + flights and no complaints these are not 'toys'..ready for a P4P soon when kinks are worked out and planning on getting two for same reason. cheers Darrin

So what happened to the two they replaced? Probably sold them to somebody else eh? I have two P3S myself and I have no problems with one of them even running Litchi missions. It obeys like an obedient dog. The second one only had two flights so far and I am having second thoughts of doing anymore. You just don't know what surprise it will pull on you next.
2017-1-14
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Ah... you are taking the blue pill, good for you. Although some of us are taking the red pill.
2017-1-14
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 07:54
I have four P3 batteries from the DJI Store. Three are fine and one won't balance.

Ouch. I hope my new battery is ok.....when they get around to shipping it. Kinda sounds like Gearbest, selling stuff that's not in stock
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-14 16:39
Ouch. I hope my new battery is ok.....when they get around to shipping it. Kinda sounds like Gearbest, selling stuff that's not in stock

Oh yes, they have done that to me too, not DJI related though. I only buy DJI stuff from the DJI Store. Sure wish DJI didn't insist on having a adult signature though. As I live in the middle of nowhere and nobody is going to come and steal anything anyway.
2017-1-14
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 16:35
Ah... you are taking the blue pill, good for you. Although some of us are taking the red pill.

Since you are RIDING your HIGH HORSE why don't you go after Microsoft for selling us crappy products for over 30 years and it keeps shutting down, freezing up, loosing tons of data and you can't even replace it. Or when you have a brand new car and you take it to the shop 6 or 7 times to fix the same problem.
What will you do... Oh I want to keep the car and investigated and then put it in the trash so no one else would buy it???

Like what your father or mother probably to you "when U S S U ME" something it means you are an A S S U YOU...

Adios...
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-14 17:06
Since you are RIDING your HIGH HORSE why don't you go after Microsoft for selling us crappy products for over 30 years and it keeps shutting down, freezing up, loosing tons of data and you can't even replace it. Or when you have a brand new car and you take it to the shop 6 or 7 times to fix the same problem.
What will you do... Oh I want to keep the car and investigated and then put it in the trash so no one else would buy it???

I am not after anybody and I don't have a high horse. I am just after answers. I am not taking DJI to court or anything. It is nice to know what can happen if something goes wrong. Well the best ones to ask are the ones who flies defective ones, wouldn't you think? I think so. There are not many who do.
2017-1-14
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 17:15
I am not after anybody and I don't have a high horse. I am just after answers. I am not taking DJI to court or anything. It is nice to know what can happen if something goes wrong. Well the best ones to ask are the ones who flies defective ones, wouldn't you think? I think so. There are not many who do.

You are being so unreasonable on so many levels... You don't want answer... if you did, this board would have 3 answers at the most. The mod told you to send it so they can see what happened and you can also download info to Phantom help...  but you won't?

At least with DJI, they admit they are wrong and they take responsibility and return , exchange or fix. Not like so many other companies who try to give you all kind of bull so they don't have to take return, fix or exchange.

So come on...Smell the roses or whatever and return the dammm poor thing so it can rest in peace or pieces  
2017-1-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Geez just go away already. So pointless....
2017-1-14
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Wow! If this guy gets booted, it would be the first time I was ever in agreement
2017-1-14
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

then return for a refund.  done!
2017-1-14
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

mine works great
2017-1-14
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-14 18:05
You are being so unreasonable on so many levels... You don't want answer... if you did, this board would have 3 answers at the most. The mod told you to send it so they can see what happened and you can also download info to Phantom help...  but you won't?

At least with DJI, they admit they are wrong and they take responsibility and return , exchange or fix. Not like so many other companies who try to give you all kind of bull so they don't have to take return, fix or exchange.

Oh are you offering to help ePetLicensing? That would be great! So what email address should I send the logs to? And do you know where the compass is located on the PCB? That would be great too. And you think the camera bobbing up and down thing is the ribbon cable, or a logic problem on the board? I have four oscilloscopes, so I can check for signals if you like.

Oh suggesting to send it back to DJI? Oh I don't think that would be a good idea. As they will just sell it to somebody else. Then whomever buys it has to deal with all of these issues and I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy. And thanks for your help in advance.
2017-1-15
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-15 03:24
Oh are you offering to help ePetLicensing? That would be great! So what email address should I send the logs to? And do you know where the compass is located on the PCB? That would be great too. And you think the camera bobbing up and down thing is the ribbon cable, or a logic problem on the board? I have four oscilloscopes, so I can check for signals if you like.

Oh suggesting to send it back to DJI? Oh I don't think that would be a good idea. As they will just sell it to somebody else. Then whomever buys it has to deal with all of these issues and I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy. And thanks for your help in advance.

ePetLicensing.com help protect dogs by registering them.They helped reunite more 5000 dogs last year and they are doing good cause by helping dogs return to back to their home fast and safely.

Everyone told you to end your flight data to Phantom Help so they can help you but again you refused to do that. Phantom help is NOT DJI... No wonder you are on Husband number 600 or 6000000

Protect Animal Spayed or Neutered Your Pet!
2017-1-15
Use props
fans358a48e9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

You couldn't really make this thread up!! Could ya? Is there a PSYCHIATRIST or a straight jacket manipulator about willing to work pro bono? My tuppence worth lol.
2017-1-15
Use props
RanchoMattPS
New

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 11:46
If you are looking for defective Phantoms, I am sure DJI can set you right up. Heck I didn't even ask them for one and they were kind enough to send me one anyway. That was very generous of them.

It sounds to me like your drone was hacked, by the government to monitor your flight patterns, and the camera going wild is the signal to headquarters.  Destroy it immediately before it falls in to The wrong hands.

2017-1-15
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-15 05:14
ePetLicensing.com help protect dogs by registering them.They helped reunite more 5000 dogs last year and they are doing good cause by helping dogs return to back to their home fast and safely.

Everyone told you to end your flight data to Phantom Help so they can help you but again you refused to do that. Phantom help is NOT DJI... No wonder you are on Husband number 600 or 6000000

Thanks ePetLicensing, yes you can be sure that Phantom Help will get these log files for sure. There is no way I am not going to do that. I guess others like to lie and make up stories about other people. That is okay, they are just bad people. Now what about the compass problem? And what about the camera bobbing up and down? And we support our local animal shelter here.
2017-1-15
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

RanchoMattPS Posted at 2017-1-15 08:42
It sounds to me like your drone was hacked, by the government to monitor your flight patterns, and the camera going wild is the signal to headquarters.  Destroy it immediately before it falls in to The wrong hands.

Superb!

I have run your post through my fourteen oscilloscopes that belong to my pet cat and it came up with...

'What a total knob!'
2017-1-15
Use props
DronesBeCrazy
New

United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-1-15 10:19
Superb!

I have run your post through my fourteen oscilloscopes that belong to my pet cat and it came up with...

Very new to this and just joined the forum today.  My experience is similar, though I don't dare even try to fly my P3S.  I received it late December while I was on vacation. I unboxed it and checked parts when I got home on Jan 2. The smart battery is very difficult to remove from the unit but other than that it seemed all the parts were there. Last week I charged the battery and the controller and I have watched all the tutorials several times.  Today, My daughter and I tried to set it up and were planning to fly.  First off the App doesn't work at all on my Samsun S5.  Works on my daughters Iphone or sems to. first thing the app said to do was update the firmware. This failed and now the drone makes loud beeping noises when turned on and it doesn't stop until you turn it off.  It seems effectively dead. The camera gimbal seems oddly shaky and in fact the gimbal lock doesn't actually hold the gimbal in place as it does not lock. I am now hesitant to move forward scared to damage the equipment but I also feelthat I suddenly have a $360 brick.
2017-1-15
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

DronesBeCrazy Posted at 2017-1-15 11:13
Very new to this and just joined the forum today.  My experience is similar, though I don't dare even try to fly my P3S.  I received it late December while I was on vacation. I unboxed it and checked parts when I got home on Jan 2. The smart battery is very difficult to remove from the unit but other than that it seemed all the parts were there. Last week I charged the battery and the controller and I have watched all the tutorials several times.  Today, My daughter and I tried to set it up and were planning to fly.  First off the App doesn't work at all on my Samsun S5.  Works on my daughters Iphone or sems to. first thing the app said to do was update the firmware. This failed and now the drone makes loud beeping noises when turned on and it doesn't stop until you turn it off.  It seems effectively dead. The camera gimbal seems oddly shaky and in fact the gimbal lock doesn't actually hold the gimbal in place as it does not lock. I am now hesitant to move forward scared to damage the equipment but I also feelthat I suddenly have a $360 brick.

Well I would try updating it again. Just follow the instructions below.

How To Perform A Firmware Upgrade

by Microcyb
2016-12-29 7AM CST

For others here are the steps to insure you get a good firmware update to your P3S.
1. insure all other apps are closed on your mobile phone.
2. Make sure you have both the controller and the intelligent battery charged,
3. Plug in your intelligent battery into your Phantom 3 Standard (don't turn on yet).
4. Install the DJI Go app on your mobile device.
5. Turn on your controller and turn your controller upside down.  You will see a small tag that shows you the controllers wireless SSID  and password.
6. Go to your wireless setting on your phone and select the Phantom 3 (per step 5).
7. Start up the DJI Go app.
8. Plug in and turn on (tap tap hold) your PS3 intelligent battery.
9. Wait for the firmware update notice on the DJI Go app.  If you do not have cell, it will ask to switch back to your home wireless Internet for download. [Once done, connect WiFi back to DJI]
10. After the download, it will ask if you want to start the firmware update. Do this and just walk away.

You will hear beeping, hiss sounds, and other odd stuff but do not touch anything.
This can take 30 minutes or so.

If the firmware update fails, simply exit the DJI Go app, turn off the PS3 and turn it back on, then start up the DJI Go app again.

2017-1-15
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

RanchoMattPS Posted at 2017-1-15 08:42

I think you may be right. He should immediately wrap the drone and himself in aluminum (aluminium for the Brits) foil and immediately dispose of both.
2017-1-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules