Gee... I don't know whether just throw it in the trash, strip it ...
1234Next >
5176 131 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muddy90
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here's a thought...  Send it back! If you think that Dji would sell it on to some unsuspecting customer,  that customer might have more balls & send it back without bitching about it.  I'm outa here....
2017-1-15
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Muddy90 Posted at 2017-1-15 14:05
Here's a thought...  Send it back! If you think that Dji would sell it on to some unsuspecting customer,  that customer might have more balls & send it back without bitching about it.  I'm outa here....

Bye, bye, Mud... thanks for trolling!
2017-1-15
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-15 13:49
I think you may be right. He should immediately wrap the drone and himself in aluminum (aluminium for the Brits) foil and immediately dispose of both.

Bye, bye, KM5RG. Thanks for trolling.
2017-1-15
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I do enjoy reading this weird thread, a little after all, it gives me some weird convoluted pleasure.. do you guys think i should see a doctor? What would I tell them?  
2017-1-16
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect  someone in this thread needs to see a doctor.  {:4_157:}
2017-1-16
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

oh this is so weird.

2017-1-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-16 08:59
I do enjoy reading this weird thread, a little after all, it gives me some weird convoluted pleasure.. do you guys think i should see a doctor? What would I tell them?

I am sure they can figure out a treatment.

2017-1-16
Use props
Bob_MoodyTX
New

United States

Okay.. this is only my 2nd post to the forum .. I read 92 posts and
1st: Don't understand the martyr attitude of the OP. Send it back, throw it away .. who cares??
2nd: can't for the life of me figure out how it went 92 posts (okay 93... )

If didn't know better (and I don't) it almost seems the OP is simply running his posting count for points? position? 2 real flights and I want to be a Captain.. I don't know ..

Yes, I know... I'm guilty of contributing to the delinquency of a ......................... but ... OMG !!!

LOL ..

Bob ..

PS.  OP.. please feel free to excuse me as a troll.. I could use the notoriety ..
2017-1-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Bob_MoodyTX Posted at 2017-1-16 17:13
Okay.. this is only my 2nd post to the forum .. I read 92 posts and
1st: Don't understand the martyr attitude of the OP. Send it back, throw it away .. who cares??
2nd: can't for the life of me figure out how it went 92 posts (okay 93... )

Stop trolling! Oh wait.. ah! Welcome to the troller thread! Enjoy! ;)
2017-1-16
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

BillW50 so what competitor of DJI do you work?
2017-1-18
Use props
DronesBeCrazy
New

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-15 13:32
Well I would try updating it again. Just follow the instructions below.

How To Perform A Firmware Upgrade

Thanks. The update worked on the second try. The P3S was beeping very loudly the whole time but still linked to controller and updated (and stopped the crazy beeping). Hoping to fly this weekend.
2017-1-18
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 12:40
Because they want to destroy all of the evidence that it ever happened. Makes sense to me. Why should I help them destroy the evidence? That would make me legally an accomplice. Wouldn't be more helpful to people to know what to expect and have the evidence to back it up? I think so. I still can't believe they sent this out with all of the old logs on it showing it had the same problems since November, the beginning of the logs.

Wow.  Just...WOW.  Evidence?  Was there some sort of crime committed?  Does your pointless rant and disregard for a solution solve anything?  DJI cannot help you if you can't help yourself.  Next time you decide to throw money away (because of your ridiculous attitude), please consider donating the money to a charitable cause instead.
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Tom24nh Posted at 2017-1-18 18:20
BillW50 so what competitor of DJI do you work?

I don't work for any DJI competitor.
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-19 06:32
Wow.  Just...WOW.  Evidence?  Was there some sort of crime committed?  Does your pointless rant and disregard for a solution solve anything?  DJI cannot help you if you can't help yourself.  Next time you decide to throw money away (because of your ridiculous attitude), please consider donating the money to a charitable cause instead.

If you are not here to help, then we don't want what you are selling.
2017-1-19
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

I know you are disappointed, its worth sending it back to get it fixed. Mistakes happen. They may have accidently sent you one that they never tested or repaired. Send it back and see if they will make it right. If they don't then come on here and share your experience. Nobody here is going to offer you anything useful. I have asked for help on here before and people just talk down to you and blame any issue on operator error.
2017-1-19
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-19 07:52

It's you that are not here for help.  And i wouldn;t sell you anything because youd just complain about it and not seek resolution.  
2017-1-19
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-19 07:52

It's you that is not here for help.  And i wouldn't sell you anything because you'd just complain about it and not seek a resolution.  
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-19 08:21
It's you that are not here for help.  And i wouldn;t sell you anything because youd just complain about it and not seek resolution.

My first P3S works great and still does. If fact I never complained about anything I ever bought in my life before and I am 60 years old.
2017-1-19
Use props
marnat3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1460 ft
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-16 16:18
I am sure they can figure out a treatment.

2017-1-19
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

Dji is a multi billion dollar company with thousands of employees. There will be problems sometimes but the vast majority of people out there have drones that work well. They didn't get that big selling junk. Send it back.
2017-1-19
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

I just came here to Up my Post #
BEYOND belief that ANYONE could be so ???? as to not send back something that was supposedly DEFECTIVE straight out of the box?!?!?!
Saying THINKING??? that they are SAVING someone else from getting screwed!?!?!?

HEY!!! I have a car with a defective Air Bag and I'm not going to take it in for the recall OR SELL IT because I don't want the air bag FIXED or SOLD to some other un-suspecting person...lol...

Don't bother replying Willy because I won't EVER come back to this thread again...nope once was enough for me
2017-1-19
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I can't believe this post is still going, but I guess I throw my 2-cents in too. I totally understand if you get something and it isn't what it is supposed to be, yeah you are unhappy.....okay you're ticked off! Stuff happens all around us. I don't honestly think there are companies out there, that in their daily business they are out to put out bad product and are out to screw everybody they can. Maybe I'm just being blind here. DJI has been around for some time...that doesn't mean they are perfect. Far from it for sure, but I think they are trying to get better. But not wanting to return it, thinking your are somehow helping someone else by not finding out what happened is beyond me. Especially to come onto a DJI forum, run down everything you can about them, and then expect answers. I think BillW50 needs to do a little soul searching. If you want help, ask for it, but don't at the same time refuse to do anything about it or argue about advise given. You have wasted a lot of peoples time here. If you don't like DJI products, don't buy them, but don't come here expecting any sympathy. I don't really know what you want from any of us here that enjoy the DJI products we have. I won't be back to this thread either.
2017-1-19
Use props
CBNethaway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124688 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 12:11
No, this thing is dangerous as is. I have been flying for decades and it is still just a little hairy for me to fly. Someone with less experience, I can see them flying into a house, tree, or gosh even people. If they manage to escape that tragedy, I could easily see a flyaway happening.

Heck I had taken it out to my field today to make sure the same faults would happen. And about 90 seconds into the flight an error pops up saying compass error. Now it doesn't know what direction it is going, what it reports is wrong, and letting go of the sticks the wind just takes it away. At about 8 minutes into the flight, the camera starts bobbing up and down and the video becomes useless to fly by. No way would I let any newbie fly this thing. I am surprised that DJI sells something like this to the inexperienced.

Decades?   Realy?
2017-1-19
Use props
AirWolf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702815 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-13 18:53
If you don't want me to waste my time, why bother with DJI in the first place? They ok'd this and this is what they produced.

Have you ever considered that your Phantom could have been damaged during shipment from DJI to you? I've seen FedEx and UPS kick packages around pretty good.

But no, you obviously know everything. It's an evil conspiracy by DJI to deliberately sell defective merchandise to people. It's quite profitable for them when gullible people like you accept it.
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Yup, started flying a Cessna 172 back in '75 to get my private pilots license. My dad was flying RC aircraft back in the 50's and I went with him a lot. Then later, I picked up the hobby too.
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AirWolf0 Posted at 2017-1-19 10:24
Have you ever considered that your Phantom could have been damaged during shipment from DJI to you? I've seen FedEx and UPS kick packages around pretty good.

But no, you obviously know everything. It's an evil conspiracy by DJI to deliberately sell defective merchandise to people. It's quite profitable for them when gullible people like you accept it.

Let's see. So far the compass is randomly intermittent and the camera starts flopping around like crazy only when moved suddenly (it works fine sitting on the workbench). Camera looks to the right by 20° and gets worse the longer it is on. And the controller's camera tilt moves the camera in the wrong direction if you move the wheel slowly. And the shipping box doesn't have a single mark on it. So what do you think?
2017-1-19
Use props
Microchips
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-19 10:39
Let's see. So far the compass is randomly intermittent and the camera starts flopping around like crazy only when moved suddenly (it works fine sitting on the workbench). Camera looks to the right by 20° and gets worse the longer it is on. And the controller's camera tilt moves the camera in the wrong direction if you move the wheel slowly. And the shipping box doesn't have a single mark on it. So what do you think?

Aliens swapped it during the night
2017-1-19
Use props
AirWolf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702815 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-19 10:39

I think (and have experienced first hand) that delicate electronics can be damaged in transit without the outer box looking like it's been run over by a truck.

A friend of mine unloads trucks at the local FedEx hub. Shipments are subjected to extended sub-freezing temperatures in uninsulated trucks, rough handling, drops from several feet and more. He has lots of stories.

And I personally witnessed a UPS goon kick my high-end Blu-ray player off a counter onto a conveyor belt right in front of me after I handed it to him, despite the orange "handle with care" stickers all over the box.

But no, you know better. Spend several hundred dollars on a drone and make a martyr of yourself by throwing it in the trash rather than make a simple warranty claim.
2017-1-19
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

AirWolf0 Posted at 2017-1-19 11:41
I think (and have experienced first hand) that delicate electronics can be damaged in transit without the outer box looking like it's been run over by a truck.

A friend of mine unloads trucks at the local FedEx hub. Shipments are subjected to extended sub-freezing temperatures in uninsulated trucks, rough handling, drops from several feet and more. He has lots of stories.

Yes it is true, it could happen. I remember Commodore computers back in the 80's had a lot of malfunctioning computers once they shipped them out. They finally figured out it was the high speed bump they had in their driveway. The fix was to remove the speed bump.

And no I don't know better than anybody else. Nor do I pretend to be.
2017-1-19
Use props
lakesidehowie
New

United States

I am having problems also  This is my third NEW  standard. net refurbished   I flew it once and was impressed. Now it wont start up. I have tried everything I know Ready to take this one back also and not buy another dji   Any help?
2017-1-20
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
Japan

stop bying the low end drone and get a professional phantom 3 = you will get a much better experience
2017-1-28
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

I've never laughed so much, thank you.
2017-1-28
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-15 14:10
Bye, bye, KM5RG. Thanks for trolling.

Isn't that what you're doing? Reading this thread it seems like you're just here to disparage and make a lot of noise in doing so.
2017-1-28
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-14 08:20
Sure I want advice. I need to document all of the previous flight logs and open up a full investigation. And I also probably need help fixing everything that is wrong with it.

No you dont. You got advice. You didnt do any of it. DJI offered to help in post #32. You haven't even posted the logs as RHP asked in #58  where someone could actually figure out what's allegedly wrong with your P3S.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

yikes!! I've seen guys like the OP in some home recording forums, and their only purpose is to stir up trouble and get a bunch of people mad...
2017-1-29
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

UPDATE: Let's see. So far the compass is randomly intermittent and the camera starts flopping around like crazy only when moved suddenly (it works fine sitting on the workbench). Camera looks to the right by 20° and gets worse the longer it is on. And the controller's camera tilt moves the camera in the wrong direction if you move the wheel slowly. And this was checked out by DJI finest techs before shipping. Ok I give up and sending it back.

Well I had a very bad gut feeling about sending it back to DJI. I should have listened. DJI lost my P3S! They have no record of me purchasing any Phantom and the RMA number they told me to use to ship back (at my expense), now say it is an invalid RMA. So they have no record of receiving it. Although FedEx says they got it on the 10th. I paid for a P3S and I got nothing. I should have kept the dang thing.
2017-2-22
Use props
gbmarsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75692 ft
Canada

BillW50 Posted at 2017-2-22 17:33
UPDATE: Let's see. So far the compass is randomly intermittent and the camera starts flopping around like crazy only when moved suddenly (it works fine sitting on the workbench). Camera looks to the right by 20° and gets worse the longer it is on. And the controller's camera tilt moves the camera in the wrong direction if you move the wheel slowly. And this was checked out by DJI finest techs before shipping. Ok I give up and sending it back.

Well I had a very bad gut feeling about sending it back to DJI. I should have listened. DJI lost my P3S! They have no record of me purchasing any Phantom and the RMA number they told me to use to ship back (at my expense), now say it is an invalid RMA. So they have no record of receiving it. Although FedEx says they got it on the 10th. I paid for a P3S and I got nothing. I should have kept the dang thing.

Was it still under warranty?
2017-2-22
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

gbmarsh Posted at 2017-2-22 18:44
Was it still under warranty?

Of course. Had it less than 30 days and I shipped it back using the RMA they told me to use and shipped it back to:

Returns DJI Technology LLC
23610 Banning Blvd
Carson, CA, 90745, USA
2017-2-22
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-2-22 18:52
Of course. Had it less than 30 days and I shipped it back using the RMA they told me to use and shipped it back to:

Returns DJI Technology LLC

Ok, I take it you sent UPS?  How much insurance did you have?  The tracking number should tell where it is.  File a claim with UPS if it is lost.  
Good luck.
2017-2-22
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-2-22 19:03
Ok, I take it you sent UPS?  How much insurance did you have?  The tracking number should tell where it is.  File a claim with UPS if it is lost.  
Good luck.

They told me to send it back by FedEx or there could be delays in processing. Ok FedEx is more expensive so whatever and I did. Now after I inquire what is the status of my return, they tell me that I should have used UPS to ship to avoid problems. It seems different people at DJI gives you different answers. Yes I insured it for $300 (not enough), but what does it matter? As far as FedEx is concern, it was delivered and signed by a person called "BBOBBY".
2017-2-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules