Help critique video quality
732 7 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

I might be too hard to please but I feel like my video is less than stellar. Can someone please critique (you can be mean).

- Flew at dusk (close to sunset)
- Video was at 4k and True Color. No other settings were changed. - I was testing out the PolarPro ND4 Cinema Series filter so it was on the camera as well.
- The sun was touching the horizon about to set.
- Video was put together with the DJI GoApp editor. No changes were made other than trimming the videos and speeding them up.

I feel like the color was abit dull and the video not crisp.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/boise-river-greenbelt
2017-1-13
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Difficult to tell as it's only playing at 1080 here. Looks ok if maybe a bit overexposed to me, although at sunset the shadows can get crushed if you expose the sky correctly.
2017-1-13
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

As Watty said... Kind over exposed.... Keep en eye on the AUTO FOCUS if you did not update to the latest firmware. Resolution low and it was jittering when I was viewing it. Don't know if it was the server but definetetly the resolution when viewing it is NOT 4k  

I usualy use AUTO setting to preview before the shoot of each clip and then manual to adjust the exposure to make it better. That is how I practice...
2017-1-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-13 19:31
As Watty said... Kind over exposed.... Keep en eye on the AUTO FOCUS if you did not update to the latest firmware. Resolution low and it was jittering when I was viewing it. Don't know if it was the server but definetetly the resolution when viewing it is NOT 4k  

I usualy use AUTO setting to preview before the shoot of each clip and then manual to adjust the exposure to make it better. That is how I practice...

Thanks guys. Yes the overexposure is apparent but I don't quite know how and where to adjust. I only know the right wheel that I turn to adjust the exposure.

Where is the auto exposure? I set my C1 and C2 buttons to auto focus in the center and that is the only "auto" function that I know of.
2017-1-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Some of it is in focus and some isn't. I have the same issue with jittering when I video with 4k but I am not sure why it happens. I am not sure if this is a better method but perhaps you should have  initially used the tap to focus. There is such confusion about how the Mavic focuses and perhaps it needs the initial tap to focus to encourage the occasion autofocus which some people say it will do. Perhaps using the C1 centre focus does not instigate the occasional autofocus. Perhaps someone else with more experience can comment on that. Were you using the Android or IOS app?
2017-1-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

I'm using the Android version. Galaxy S6
2017-1-14
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Dial on the right of the rc, controls ev. It's so jerky here.
2017-1-14
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-14 10:14
Dial on the right of the rc, controls ev. It's so jerky here.

Yup I did use that. But with the snow on the ground and clear skies being lit up by the bright sunset behind the drone it was hard to find a setting with the right dial to properly expose.
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules