Some silly NoOb questions....
908 5 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys, just a couple fast silly questions....

My first compass calibration did not go so well..took me about 5 tries... and i was in an open field with nothing around but it kept saying calibration failed over and over...any feed back?

If i do a return to home auto landing and its not landing in the right spot, per say and i try to adjust it a little to the left or right to a better area will this stop the auto land or will it continue to land but with the new adjustments?

As a noob is it better to fly in course lock (headless mode) or just regular to learn?

Thanks guys...

Chris

2017-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RTH landing accuracy is variable and depends on the precision of consumer GPS.
This means it will be within +/- 2 metres most of the time and occasionally a little more.
You don't need to let it land itself.
You can probably choose a better landing spot than some blind programming.
Simply cancel RTh and resum control for yourself.
2017-1-13
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

did you do the compass calibration in an open space with no radio or powerlines??
2017-1-14
Use props
gunslinger_tom
lvl.1

United States

Mine failed at least 5 times. I cleaned out my pockets, moved away from everything that I felt may cause trouble, and then I decided to move my device about 25 feet away and that seemed to to the trick.
2017-1-14
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

hello.  id say just reg gps mode. if yiur really new walk the dog back drone to you. get used to the controls.  when the cam is facing you the controls are rev. (lt is rt,  rt is left).  
2017-1-14
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The best way to learn fly is control the copter regular not headless. I use an X161 for exorcises to start  and land copters. It has a compass for help and a accu warner only.
if you have a light fun copter then learn fly for the phantoms ATTI mode if the GPS and compass stucks.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules