Phantom 3 Professional
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rixxie33
lvl.2
United States

I am looking into joining the drone world- I am A BEGINNER- while reading this forum I understand theat DJI has disconued these?
They are still around for sale-$799 US- But if I get one I am sure the company will fix issues covered- but whay I am affraid of is afetr
a year of owning the P3 parts will dry up! I am not that interested in the camera quality- yet- but these have a few of the better
fearures that the Standard does not have- the other GPS system-  and possibly the auto land home feature- if thats what its known as.

And to jump into the P4 at $1,199 US- is over my head- as a first time owner-thats bound to land hard and break something!

And help is greatly appreciated-
2017-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at this other thread, it probably answers your questions:-

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2017-1-14
Use props
Rixxie33
lvl.2
United States

Maybe I should look again at the standard- looks like there still in production- IF they have the other two options I feel that I need/want.

since you have been around awhile- would you make an suggestion on  one for me?

And thanks for that link- I really don't want to go into the sport- buying a now discontinued model--
2017-1-14
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Rixxie33 Posted at 2017-1-14 08:11
Maybe I should look again at the standard- looks like there still in production- IF they have the other two options I feel that I need/want.

The Standard uses Wifi, whereas the Advanced and Pro use Lightbridge which is far and away superior. It is worth the extra money to stay away from Wifi IMO.  Good luck!

Barney
2017-1-14
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
Germany

I would buy a P3P in a heartbeat.  I have the P3A and I love it.  Over 9 hours of flight time and no issues. (only a couple of Pilot errors)  As far as parts I think they will be around a while.   By the time you need any replacement parts you'll probably be ready to upgrade anyway.  Just my thoughts and hope you get a Drone soon cause you will love it.
Good Luck!
TCDrone
2017-1-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rixxie33 Posted at 2017-1-14 08:11

Aloha Rixxie,

As Mr. Rubbel notes, the P3A and P3P use LightBridge.  But, the firmware, range and numerous other advantages make the P3A and P3P a great buy even out of production.  You can still buy refurbished P3As and P3Ps.  

I have a P3P that I will never sell.  Although the later Phantoms have more bells and whistles, there are some projects that I can just take my P3P and know that the result is going to be just what I want and expect.

My P3P will never be a door-stop or paper weight.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I am affraid of is after a year of owning the P3 parts will dry up!"

It's easy to get parts for Phantom 1 and 2 still, long after they ceased production.
The P3 was a great model and sold many more than the P2.
There will still be parts available in a year's time.
2017-1-14
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Definitely go for the Advanced or Pro over the Standard. And as the prices have come down, it makes more sense even as a beginner.
2017-1-14
Use props
Microchips
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

Buy the P3P because in a few years time if parts are hard to come buy you can always dismantle your pro and sell as parts! !
2017-1-15
Use props
Andy M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292297 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the P3S last summer (my first ever drone) but it didn't take long before I found myself wanting more, and so I've recently bought a P3P.
So now I have 2 drones.
It would of been cheaper if i'd just bought the P3P in the first place!
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules