P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
13310 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

I tested my Phantom 4 plus today,set to 2.4 flew 3.6km or 12000feet, if set to 5.8 only 2.6km. My Mavic went to 3.7km.Location was a remote beach.
2017-1-27
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

fansee00f5cc Posted at 2017-1-27 03:30
I tested my Phantom 4 plus today,set to 2.4 flew 3.6km or 12000feet, if set to 5.8 only 2.6km. My Mavic went to 3.7km.Location was a remote beach.

This is great for you, but has nothing to do with the topic that is being discussed in here ... (P4P Plus having problems with video link if recording 4K regardless the distance)
2017-1-27
Use props
Stacky
lvl.1

New Zealand

Ive been told by the local DJI rep that DJI are aware of the issue and there is a firmware fix coming but has anyone heard how long?. I have had my P4P+ for nearly 3 weeks now but cant use it because of this issue.
2017-1-27
Use props
Quadslo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22129 ft
Slovenia

I took Phantom to a trip abroad and I had problem with the video link also on other locations in the middle of nowhere.

Today I did some test flights at the exact the same location back home when I opened this topic 10 days ago. I tried Sony 16GB SD which came with the Phantom and 64GB SanDisk card...

There was almost no freezing video when shooting 4K on both cards! I also tried 1080p on 64GB and there was NO freezing video. I had video on 2.4.

I don't know what is going on here.

2017-1-27
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Quadslo1 Posted at 2017-1-27 07:50
I took Phantom to a trip abroad and I had problem with the video link also on other locations in the middle of nowhere.

Today I did some test flights at the exact the same location back home when I opened this topic 10 days ago. I tried Sony 16GB SD which came with the Phantom and 64GB SanDisk card...

Some weeks ago I upgraded my Mac OS to Sierra version. For some time the mac-book worked very slowly. I couldn't understand what is going on, searched Mac forums, etc. But after some days it began to work normally again.

Perhaps, it was  some indexation of files by the OS? Could it be the same with the Android OS of the Radio Controller? I will switch it on and let it run from an hour or so connected to WiFi. And I will see how it works afterwards.

I also just tested recording the 4K video inside the house without flying. Both with the original Panasonic microSD and with the new SanDisk 32GB 95 MB/s writing speed the video link was normal. The original microSD was slower than 95 MB/s, - I made a comparison test by writing a big file.

I will try to fly tomorrow outdoors with the new microSD card.
2017-1-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Oleksiy Posted at 2017-1-27 01:52
Since this issue seems to appear when one films a 4K video, could it be that the SDHC card writing speed affects the aircraft video-link performance? The writing speed may vary from 10 MB/s to 95 MB/s.

I received with my P4Pro+ a Panasonic SDHC 16 GB card. The writing/reading speeds are not written on it. I tried to compare it with my existing SDHC cards by writing a large file. It seems to be OK. Still I want to buy a really high speed SDHC card, which is definitely 4K ready, and try again.

mine still has the problem at 60-70 degree F.
2017-1-27
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-27 08:31
mine still has the problem at 60-70 degree F.

Then we can exclude low outside temperature.

It remains to verify two leads: a not-fast-enough writing speed of an original microSD card for the 4K video and an indexation of files on a new Android OS of the RC. I mean we keep the smartphones switched on all the time, but the RC is switched on only for short periods of time.
2017-1-27
Use props
robstoyle
New

United Kingdom

Brand new P4P+ here too (UK) - screen is terrible on 4k 25fps video.   Had a day shooting vid earlier in the week, and it drove me nuts....impossible to get smooth flowing shots on it.  Live feed without recording or taking photos is perfect.  I love it otherwise - the camera is amazing and setup is so quick....really hope DJI sort this out asap.
2017-1-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

just tested the video probs, ambient temp 50 degrees F,

1080P-120fps bad- 60fps good- 48 fps good- 30 fps good- 24 fps good
2.7 k- 60 fps bad- 48 fps good- 30 fps good- 24 fps good
4 k- 60 fps bad- 48 fps bad- 30 fps a little better- 24 fps fair

as you can see, the highest fps settings are very bad, and 4k was bad in most settings.
completed this test  on 1-27-2017 at 1 pm cst

edit: these test were using the same sd card. sandisc extreme pro 64gb, 95 read and 90 write speeds, new card 1 month old.
2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-27 11:54

Have you found also that you cannot not playback any 4k videos or even use playback when you have shot have FPS video ?   This has been a pain in the butt on shoots.  I filled up a  64GB card and went back to delete some clips to free up space and it was impossible.  The footage was completely unreadable.

For those using your drone on shoots and need playback, bring another device as the build in P4Pro+ LCD will NOT work ,  at least on high frame rates.    Also, Grizz 1,  thanks for testing that out and writing up actual facts.  Those are sometimes hard to come by here.
2017-1-28
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

Kankles Posted at 2017-1-28 00:51
Have you found also that you cannot not playback any 4k videos or even use playback when you have shot have FPS video ?   This has been a pain in the butt on shoots.  I filled up a  64GB card and went back to delete some clips to free up space and it was impossible.  The footage was completely unreadable.

For those using your drone on shoots and need playback, bring another device as the build in P4Pro+ LCD will NOT work ,  at least on high frame rates.    Also, Grizz 1,  thanks for testing that out and writing up actual facts.  Those are sometimes hard to come by here.

thank you. i'm hoping dji will read this and come up with a fix. i dont think it is a sd card problem and i dont believe it is a camera problem because in the lower frame rates the video are good. i believe it is firmware related.
edit: you are right on the no playback in 4 k, mine does the same.
2017-1-28
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I flew today with the new microSD SanDisk Pro 95 MB/s write speed. Yesterday I kept the RC of my P4P+ switched on for about 30 minutes. Outside temperature about 0 C.

When filming 4K PAL the RC's screen was again unstable. So it is not a microSD card and it is not that we do not keep the Android OS switched on long enough.

The 4K video itself on the card is smooth and of a good quality. And it takes just seconds to prepare the aircraft for a flight without fumbling with cables of a smartphone. I like P4P+. If only this issue with the unstable video-link while filming in 4K were solved. I do not know what else to try, so I hope that a new firmware update will be the solution.

Here is that aerial video in 4K from the card:

2017-1-28
Use props
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-27 11:54

Grizz 1  -  Thank you for the test results.  I didn't run all of the tests, but confirmed the 4K-60 fps was bad and the 2.7K-30 fps was good on my P4Pro+.    Still have a gimble issue.  It won't hold a level horizon even with pre-flight calibration.  
2017-1-29
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

Glad to be of help Prop Buster !
2017-1-29
Use props
multirotorrd.co
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6176932 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

The same problem as everything{:4_154:}
2017-1-30
Use props
mikero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1677106 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I purchased my P4P+ from Heliguy and noticed the video feed problem on my first flight when the signal was breaking up at about 10 metres away. I tried it again a couple of days later at another location and the same problem occured. I sent it back to Heliguy and they have sent it to DJI Netherlands for repair. I also have a problem with the gimbal, which, after power on, stops with the camera facing backwards.
Not very happy with my purchase, so far.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans436eaf28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 726224 ft
  • >>>
Italy

same problems with an ipad mini 2.
I get video glitches with artifacts especially while using intelligent flight modes (spotlight, tracking etc...) also recording in 1080p
Things seems to get better reducing the streaming bandwith from 10 to 6 mbps (see HD options/custom)
I suppose it's a software problem inside the DJIGO 4 App. I've tried litchi and the streaming is smoother

2017-1-30
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Would anybody happen to know when the next firmware update will be released? I'm really hoping that it includes a fix for our P4P+ issues.
2017-1-31
Use props
diggum
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problems with mine. Freezing, pixelation and blur.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans55741af1
New

United States

just got my phantom 4 pro plus in the mail today . Love the screen I am getting the same problems with filming 4k the craft can be 2 feet away from me and I get the pixelation and freezing glitch. I noticed when I switched off recording the video feed was smooth at short distances. it got dark but tomorrow I will try and see what happens when I take it far out without recording video. I am not sure if I should return this right away and get the p4p and use my iPad. I really like the screen but don't want to be stuck without being able to return this if dji doesn't fix it with firmware?
2017-1-31
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

if you will read the entire thread, you will see it happens on the p4p as well as the plus !
2017-1-31
Use props
Helios7
New

Russia

Confirm the problem
2017-2-1
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Im not sure if this means anything or if it will help with the fault diagnosis.

I was getting alot of glitching and lagging  pixcel problem on the p4p+ in built screen.

Today i was using a new samsung 128gb pro. I did experience the glitching but no where as near as much as i did with the 16gb card that came standard.

This was at 4k 60 fps.

It somewhat reduced it.

2017-2-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BashP4P+ Posted at 2017-2-1 13:35

I was getting alot of glitching and lagging  pixcel problem on the p4p+ in built screen.

That is a co-incidence, the SD card has no bearing on the problem.
2017-2-1
Use props
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

I spoke via chat with Anthony in DJI Service on 2/1/2017 and he said the R&D department is working on a firmware 'fix' but did not have a release date established.   I asked whether the 'fix' would include both the video jitter and the gimbal horizon issue and the answer was "it will include all known issues".  Hope this helps.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mikero Posted at 2017-1-30 11:40
I purchased my P4P+ from Heliguy and noticed the video feed problem on my first flight when the signal was breaking up at about 10 metres away. I tried it again a couple of days later at another location and the same problem occured. I sent it back to Heliguy and they have sent it to DJI Netherlands for repair. I also have a problem with the gimbal, which, after power on, stops with the camera facing backwards.
Not very happy with my purchase, so far.

Sorry to hear about the issue.
May I have your case number? our engineers are now working on it, we'd like to collect more information to locate the issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.
2017-2-6
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

BashP4P+ Posted at 2017-2-1 13:35

hey, newbie here,
So I am having the same issue as you guys.  Unlike the poster above,  I think you could be on to something.  Could you post the specs on your Samsung Card?  If it is a SDXC rather then a SDHC, your transfer rate theoretically could natively have a faster transfer speed.  What is your write speed?  If faster then your 16GB card it would make sense that something in the system can't simultaneously write to the card at 4k, which may not be fast enough, while also transmitting a good quality image.  I'm guessing your 128gb Pro reads and writes faster if you truly think it is not interfering as much with the monitor.   Then again who knows!!  It just seems like there would be a link to a poor performing 16gb card at 4k and a faster reading card at 4k and it being a coincidence.  However the specs would be tellings.
Have you tested playback at 4k?  That may also be telling.  Keep us up to date!
2017-2-6
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

Natalia, any info on when we can expect a fix on this issue? Been two weeks already ... (I understand there was chinese new year)
2017-2-6
Use props
yabba61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207172 ft
United Kingdom

Having the same transmission issue here
2017-2-6
Use props
FishGuy
New

United States

Same exact problem here. I have had the drone for less than a week. Very frustrating. Any update on a fix? {:4_154:}
2017-2-6
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Same here (already mentioned it but if we are counting)
2017-2-6
Use props
fans40289743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-6 04:42
hey, newbie here,
So I am having the same issue as you guys.  Unlike the poster above,  I think you could be on to something.  Could you post the specs on your Samsung Card?  If it is a SDXC rather then a SDHC, your transfer rate theoretically could natively have a faster transfer speed.  What is your write speed?  If faster then your 16GB card it would make sense that something in the system can't simultaneously write to the card at 4k, which may not be fast enough, while also transmitting a good quality image.  I'm guessing your 128gb Pro reads and writes faster if you truly think it is not interfering as much with the monitor.   Then again who knows!!  It just seems like there would be a link to a poor performing 16gb card at 4k and a faster reading card at 4k and it being a coincidence.  However the specs would be tellings.
Have you tested playback at 4k?  That may also be telling.  Keep us up to date!

I'm not rejecting your theory, but I'm supplying these facts:

The maximum bit rate that the P4P and P4PP can deal with is 100Mbps.

I00Mbps is equal to 12.5MBps.

DJI says that a micro-SD card needs to be certified as having a write speed of 15MBps or better to be appropriate for the P4P or P4PP.

I have had viewing difficulties when downloading 4K/60 to my computer, and I presume this is because my computer needs more processing power. The video is halting and jerky, even though individual frames are clear.

I have extremely iffy video connection when trying to fly my P4P while recording at 4K/60 as well as 4K/30. The connection comes and goes, and DJI Go 4 shuts down on 50% of my flights, even at 4K/30.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

same problem here
2017-2-6
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

How come so many user names start with fans?
2017-2-6
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

I am also having this same issue,  drone, app and remote are on the latest update,  every time I fly my drone the video feed is horrible to the point where I  am unable to fly,  its choppy, laggy,  and at one point it just went black,   I reviewed my footage from the sd card to see if it was also recording the same effect, but it only seems to have this issue on the live video feed only,  I will post a video soon of the issue I am having.  
2017-2-7
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

Here is the issue I am having,  this is on a Phantom 3 Pro,  all drone, remote and app are on the latest firmware,   

2017-2-7
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the built in screen on the plus model being very laggy (the recorded video is fine).  I sent it back to DJI a few weeks ago, and just got it back with a new controller.  Flew in several locations today, and have the exact same issue everywhere I went.  When I sent it in I wrote a big letter asking them to test it before sending back, and it looks like that was ignored.  I called them today, to see if I could trade it in for a regular Pro model, since both controllers have had the same issue.  They told me there are no trade ins, and to send it back to them again.  The guy on the phone claimed he hasn't had a lot of people with this issue, and offered no solutions.  Very frustrating, as I'll be another 3 weeks without my drone, but I don't see any other options.  DJI, if you're listening, please let me trade it in, or offer a solution.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans40289743
lvl.2
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-6 23:27
How come so many user names start with fans?

The names are assigned by the Forum software. I think it applies to those of us with fewer than 10 posts, and that when I make my 10th post, my username will go back to the one I chose.
2017-2-7
Use props
Stacky
lvl.1

New Zealand

This problem has been around for getting close to 2 months as far as i can tell. I have had my P4P+ for a month now but cant safely use it because of this issue.
I have to say that there is something really wrong with continuing to sell a product that has an issue that makes flight unsafe. DJI should have stopped selling the P4P+ until they fixed the issue.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans40289743
lvl.2
United States

I've had increasing P4P difficulties over the past few days in terms of DJI Go 4 staying connected, and the viewing quality on my Nexus II viewing device was worse than pathetic, frequently going black if it didn't disconnect altogether. So, I changed the video from 4K/30 to 1080p/30.

This was effective in eliminating the difficulties, but of course it doesn't address the underlying problem.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules