P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
13301 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Here's a quick video I put together which confirms the issue we're all experiencing with the P4P+ display. As you can see, I'm about 25 feet away and I was still experiencing significant lag and freezing. I hope DJI can fix this issue soon.

2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

multirotorrd.co Posted at 2017-1-30 03:15
The same problem as everything

May I know you've contacted our tech support to send it in for evaluation?
Our engineers are concerned much about your feedback, while it's really hard to locate the issue remotely. If you've sent your aircraft and remote in to our service center, please let me know your case number, we'll follow up your case and try to figure out it as soon as possible.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mikero Posted at 2017-1-30 11:40
I purchased my P4P+ from Heliguy and noticed the video feed problem on my first flight when the signal was breaking up at about 10 metres away. I tried it again a couple of days later at another location and the same problem occured. I sent it back to Heliguy and they have sent it to DJI Netherlands for repair. I also have a problem with the gimbal, which, after power on, stops with the camera facing backwards.
Not very happy with my purchase, so far.

Sincerely apology for the trouble you experienced.
Would you please contact Heliguy for the case number so that we can follow up the case and locate where the problem exists?
Thanks so much again for your understanding.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans80534a2e Posted at 2017-2-7 15:06
I have the same problem with the built in screen on the plus model being very laggy (the recorded video is fine).  I sent it back to DJI a few weeks ago, and just got it back with a new controller.  Flew in several locations today, and have the exact same issue everywhere I went.  When I sent it in I wrote a big letter asking them to test it before sending back, and it looks like that was ignored.  I called them today, to see if I could trade it in for a regular Pro model, since both controllers have had the same issue.  They told me there are no trade ins, and to send it back to them again.  The guy on the phone claimed he hasn't had a lot of people with this issue, and offered no solutions.  Very frustrating, as I'll be another 3 weeks without my drone, but I don't see any other options.  DJI, if you're listening, please let me trade it in, or offer a solution.

I feel so sorry for that you're experiencing difficulties.
I've also informed our engineers for the issue you reported, they will take care of it.
2017-2-7
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia- my aircraft only is currently being shipped to DJI for repair for another reason (broken arm). Is it possible to include additional notes to check for any faults that would cause the issue above while the aircraft is at the repair center? Thanks!
2017-2-8
Use props
mikero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1677106 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-7 23:32
Sincerely apology for the trouble you experienced.
Would you please contact Heliguy for the case number so that we can follow up the case and locate where the problem exists?
Thanks so much again for your understanding.

Hi Natalia, I have sent the information in a PM.
I hope I will not receive a reconditioned P4P+ as my AC is brand new and has only flown for 30 minutes.
2017-2-8
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

Some of the videos i seen here are not as bad as mine,   my live feed is so bad i caint even use it,  below is another video, as you can see im like right next to it https://youtu.be/b5UTFXKCW94 feed is so bad

2017-2-8
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

Below is another video after I set settings to custom and it was still bad,  to the point where I can't even fly the drone,   this really needs to be resolved,  

2017-2-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

This is going to be a tough issue to solve because it is not clearly defined. The two videos here are recordings on the RC, not a live view of the RC during the flight. No one is giving specific conditions such as distance, when their screen starts breaking up. I suspect that the DJI engineers are going to test the returned RC and AC and it will work fine for them. Their environment is different.
2017-2-8
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

fans40289743 Posted at 2017-2-6 20:49
I'm not rejecting your theory, but I'm supplying these facts:

The maximum bit rate that the P4P and P4PP can deal with is 100Mbps.

Hey fans402,
I'm just throwing that out there as that was the guidance from Samsung about transfer rates.  I'm sorry to hear about your issues.  They seem even worse then mine and it's frustrating as hell. As far as watching your video,  if you have an editing program that can import your footage as  proxy, try that, however that's a bummer man.  Sorry to hear.
I actually wrote them about the issue a few days after I received my drone.  I was a first day buyer,  and haven't heard a thing since which is why I joined this forum.   I'm glad I'm not alone.  Most of the DJI pilots I know are not on this forum, so I wonder how big this issue.  Hope its not like the first gen Inspire 1 battery problem and they release a comment instead of silence.
2017-2-8
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.2
United States

as you can see on the video,  I'm right next to it when the live feed starts to break up bad,   and the video i posted is not whats recording on the sd card,  its only my live feed that looks like that.
2017-2-8
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-8 17:54
Hey fans402,
I'm just throwing that out there as that was the guidance from Samsung about transfer rates.  I'm sorry to hear about your issues.  They seem even worse then mine and it's frustrating as hell. As far as watching your video,  if you have an editing program that can import your footage as  proxy, try that, however that's a bummer man.  Sorry to hear.
I actually wrote them about the issue a few days after I received my drone.  I was a first day buyer,  and haven't heard a thing since which is why I joined this forum.   I'm glad I'm not alone.  Most of the DJI pilots I know are not on this forum, so I wonder how big this issue.  Hope its not like the first gen Inspire 1 battery problem and they release a comment instead of silence.

It doesn't bother me to shoot in 1080p instead of 4K. For purposes of uploading to YouTube, 1080p is plenty, and even looks good full-screen on my 27" desktop monitor. Over the past 4 years I've uploaded well over 200 Phantom videos. YouTube can't display 4K anyway, and compresses the files. Here's a video I did today:
2017-2-8
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Happy Retiree Posted at 2017-2-8 20:37
It doesn't bother me to shoot in 1080p instead of 4K. For purposes of uploading to YouTube, 1080p is plenty, and even looks good full-screen on my 27" desktop monitor. Over the past 4 years I've uploaded well over 200 Phantom videos. YouTube can't display 4K anyway, and compresses the files. Here's a video I did today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZiMYJGuluA

If 1080p works for you that's great.  However I personally like shooting in 4k/60 for slow motion purposes, and of course that's how I would deliver it to a client and let them make the decision to downgrade the footage to 1080p.  Youtube offers 4k viewing (if you have a 4k monitor or TV) up to 60fps through it's vp9 codec.   It's offered 4k since 2010.   
I think it just depends on what you need really.  It's not for everyone, many people bought it just for that 4k capability though.
2017-2-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Happy Retiree Posted at 2017-2-8 20:37
It doesn't bother me to shoot in 1080p instead of 4K. For purposes of uploading to YouTube, 1080p is plenty, and even looks good full-screen on my 27" desktop monitor. Over the past 4 years I've uploaded well over 200 Phantom videos. YouTube can't display 4K anyway, and compresses the files. Here's a video I did today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZiMYJGuluA

'YouTube can't display 4K anyway, and compresses the files.'

Youtube can display 4K, the latest bunch of files I have uploaded are in 4K. And yes, Youtube compresses the files, as does everythying else. They are highly compressed as they come off the SD card in the Phantom aircraft.
2017-2-9
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-8 23:28
If 1080p works for you that's great.  However I personally like shooting in 4k/60 for slow motion purposes, and of course that's how I would deliver it to a client and let them make the decision to downgrade the footage to 1080p.  Youtube offers 4k viewing (if you have a 4k monitor or TV) up to 60fps through it's vp9 codec.   It's offered 4k since 2010.   
I think it just depends on what you need really.  It's not for everyone, many people bought it just for that 4k capability though.

Geebax wrote: "Youtube can display 4K, the latest bunch of files I have uploaded are in 4K. And yes, Youtube compresses the files, as does everythying else. They are highly compressed as they come off the SD card in the Phantom aircraft."

My brain was on vacation when I made that incorrect statement. Sorry 'bout dat! I've even uploaded 4K videos to YouTube myself. I usually don't, though, simply because the low grade of my high-speed Internet connection makes it extremely time-consuming.

Also, I did not mean to imply that just because I'm willing to put up with 1080p, means that it should be fine with everybody. I'm mad about the 4K snafu with the P4P camera, but I don't have the pressure of needing it or depending on it for income the way that many others do. I apologize.
2017-2-9
Use props
Beux
lvl.2
United States

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-14 16:23
Here is my situation with freezing video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/travel-meeting-myself-f5cb36ed-764f-41f1-b696-efe46dbf6341

I have the same issue on my Pro+. It's annoying to say the least.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-7 23:28
May I know you've contacted our tech support to send it in for evaluation?
Our engineers are concerned much about your feedback, while it's really hard to locate the issue remotely. If you've sent your aircraft and remote in to our service center, please let me know your case number, we'll follow up your case and try to figure out it as soon as possible.

Hi Natalia.  I sent my P4Pro+ back to DJI because of the screen lag.  They returned it to me with a new controller, which has the exact same problem.  The case # was CAS-396163-P6T8X6.  Should I send it in again, or will there be a firmware update that solves this?  I'm not sure sending it in again would solve anything, since they already sent it back to me without testing it.  I frequently need to shoot in 4k, so going down to 1080 isn't an option either.  Thanks, David Keller
2017-2-9
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

2017-2-10
Use props
Prop Buster
lvl.1
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-27 11:54
just tested the video probs, ambient temp 50 degrees F,

1080P-120fps bad- 60fps good- 48 fps good- 30 fps good- 24 fps good

Here is what I have observed so far:   The MP4 video clips from P4Pro+ at 4K/60fps have a studder or jitter when the file is viewed on the computer with Windows Media Player or other 'viewers'.  The same video file uploaded to YouTube can be viewed without any problems.    MP4 video clips from P4Pro+ processed with Corel Video Studio Pro 8 which are rendered and saved to the computer can be viewed without problems with various video viewers (Windows Media Player, etc.) and also on YouTube.  I'm not sure I understand what rendering does to the video file nor what uploading to YouTube does to the virgin file. Has anyone else had the same experience?  Perhaps our studder/jitter problems have something to do with the 'virgin' video files from the P4Pro+ which are cured by rendering (whatever it is)  or uploading to YouTube which may also may result in 'rendering' the file.
2017-2-10
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274465 ft
United States

Prop Buster Posted at 2017-2-10 16:37
Here is what I have observed so far:   The MP4 video clips from P4Pro+ at 4K/60fps have a studder or jitter when the file is viewed on the computer with Windows Media Player or other 'viewers'.  The same video file uploaded to YouTube can be viewed without any problems.    MP4 video clips from P4Pro+ processed with Corel Video Studio Pro 8 which are rendered and saved to the computer can be viewed without problems with various video viewers (Windows Media Player, etc.) and also on YouTube.  I'm not sure I understand what rendering does to the video file nor what uploading to YouTube does to the virgin file. Has anyone else had the same experience?  Perhaps our studder/jitter problems have something to do with the 'virgin' video files from the P4Pro+ which are cured by rendering (whatever it is)  or uploading to YouTube which may also may result in 'rendering' the file.

Add another P4P+ user with the problem.  Does DJI-Natalia want all 200 of us in this thread to send our phantoms back to DJI?  I'm OK with waiting a reasonable amount of time until DJI concludes on the actual issue.  Don't want the hassle of sending back and waiting and getting a new controller with the same issue (as some have reported).

DJI-Natalia?
2017-2-10
Use props
Quadslo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22129 ft
Slovenia

Did anyone who send Phantom to DJI received it back yet? Do we now know if there is a solution to this problem at DJI?

I am willing to send it back, but I am not sure if it would help. It looks like every new P4p+ has the same issue.
2017-2-11
Use props
fanscaefcccc
New
Flight distance : 94829 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I also have the screen issues on my phantom 4 Pro +. I find it difficult to understand why a company like dji, which I hold in high regard, would release a product that did not work and charge a premium price for it. I work commercially and also have some concerns that the break up of picture has safety implications when working close to a subject as it reduces your ability to react, especially when fast moving. The other issue I have with the built in monitor is uploading a mapping app capability. I would be happy to access dji's ground station. It's another challenge hopefully dji will resolve shortly.

If the 4K monitor picture break up issue cannot be solved shortly then surely their needs to be a recall? I appreciate the argument new technology can have glitches but this issue is not so much a glitch but a key part of its functionality.
2017-2-11
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

Quadslo1 Posted at 2017-2-11 04:01
Did anyone who send Phantom to DJI received it back yet? Do we now know if there is a solution to this problem at DJI?

I am willing to send it back, but I am not sure if it would help. It looks like every new P4p+ has the same issue.

Yes.. I sent mine in to DJI and they sent it back to me with a new controller.  The new controller has the exact same issue.  Severe video feed lag when shooting in 4k.  I called them back, and they told me to send it in again.  Not really sure what to do now, since it didn't help the first time.
2017-2-11
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

It is just ridiculous, contacted the DJI support and they told me that a problem like that is not known with the P4P+.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, our engineers are working on the cases your reported, will get back to you once they locate where the problem exists.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 01:02
Hi all, our engineers are working on the cases your reported, will get back to you once they locate where the problem exists.

for 1 month now and still no fix
2017-2-12
Use props
Stacky
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-12 01:02

Its a problem that DJI have known about for over a month and yet DJI continue to sell the P4P. Its a problem that makes the P4P for some unusable because its not safe to use and yet DJI continue to sell it. Thats unethical. Continuing to sell a product that is not usable because of a known fault is wrong.
How long till a fix comes along? It would be nice to have some sort of indication of a timeframe, a day, a week, a month, a year?
2017-2-12
Use props
fanse0a1b9b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

HI all,  I too am having the same problem with my Phantom 4Pro+.    My first model couldn't connect to the controller and after two hours they told me to send it back.  I am able to get the second one up and flying but I live on top of a mountain in a rainforest where I fly and it's extremely uncomfortable.  For now I am flying my Typhoon H Pro until there is a sound fix from DJI.
2017-2-12
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-12 03:19

Yours would probably benefit with the parabolic antennas, which concentrate the radio signals to the AC and from the AC. Yours doesn't seem to have a strong radio transmission and it could be because you are located in Germany, which might have laws against having strong transmissions from radios.
2017-2-12
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-12 03:19

Also you might benefit by opening up all 32 channels and seeing if one has better reception.
2017-2-12
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-12 20:30
Yours would probably benefit with the parabolic antennas, which concentrate the radio signals to the AC and from the AC. Yours doesn't seem to have a strong radio transmission and it could be because you are located in Germany, which might have laws against having strong transmissions from radios.

Uh, yah,  That....or you know,  just a product that works??   Just a thought.
2017-2-12
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Beux Posted at 2017-2-9 03:44
I have the same issue on my Pro+. It's annoying to say the least.

Doesn't your falcons logo defeat the point of an anonymous proxy?  
2017-2-12
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-12 20:30

thats why it workes perfect when not recording in 4K, makes no sense at all
2017-2-13
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

So there are over 100+ complaints on this forum about a video transmission issue causing a MAJOR issues for professionals who want to use 4K at higher frame rates.   Not seeing your video transmission can cause accidents.  There once was(maybe is) a little (big)  company that had two,  yes two confirmed cases of drone battery problems,  and every single drone was re-called (I think the Inspire 1 Pro had hundreds of battery discharge cases ).   Now I am the first to say this is a new industry and give it time to work itself out.  However,  what I'm not cool with, is not hearing a thing from DJI about this, and giving us guidance on what to do.  The moderators are doing their best,  and I really mean that (thank you Natalia).  However,  when such a vast number of people on this forum and on several others have the same complaint.  Shouldn't the CEO take action?   
As a consumer of your products I'm asking you to just, yah know....Offer an apology management.  I think I'd be cool with just that ,  a simple acknowledgment from DJI's Upper Management.   Once again, I AM NOT talking about this forum or its mods, they are wonderful,  However,   DJI is universally known to have the absolute worst after sales support,  this is not really disputable.  If you google it, you will be lost in an epic novel, so I wouldn't,  however my point is,  what does DJI have to lose by making an official statement of apology ?  It would only help the company image and I personally would have more respect for them.  Sorry for the tangent.  I'm just so frustrated.
2017-2-13
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-13 03:36
So there are over 100+ complaints on this forum about a video transmission issue causing a MAJOR issues for professionals who want to use 4K at higher frame rates.   Not seeing your video transmission can cause accidents.  There once was(maybe is) a little (big)  company that had two,  yes two confirmed cases of drone battery problems,  and every single drone was re-called (I think the Inspire 1 Pro had hundreds of battery discharge cases ).   Now I am the first to say this is a new industry and give it time to work itself out.  However,  what I'm not cool with, is not hearing a thing from DJI about this, and giving us guidance on what to do.  The moderators are doing their best,  and I really mean that (thank you Natalia).  However,  when such a vast number of people on this forum and on several others have the same complaint.  Shouldn't the CEO take action?   
As a consumer of your products I'm asking you to just, yah know....Offer an apology management.  I think I'd be cool with just that ,  a simple acknowledgment from DJI's Upper Management.   Once again, I AM NOT talking about this forum or its mods, they are wonderful,  However,   DJI is universally known to have the absolute worst after sales support,  this is not really disputable.  If you google it, you will be lost in an epic novel, so I wouldn't,  however my point is,  what does DJI have to lose by making an official statement of apology ?  It would only help the company image and I personally would have more respect for them.  Sorry for the tangent.  I'm just so frustrated.

+1
Would be about time for official word from dji ...
2017-2-13
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

just received an email from the german DJI support. they told me that some freeze/lagg is normal - big joke
2017-2-13
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-13 09:12
just received an email from the german DJI support. they told me that some freeze/lagg is normal - big joke

I guess you told them it is more than some ...
2017-2-13
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

lienbacher Posted at 2017-2-13 09:55
I guess you told them it is more than some ...

i made a video for them where the problem is pretty obvious
2017-2-13
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

All these problems are very concerning especially when DJI are not sorting these issues out!
My P4 + is still boxed and unopened since it was delivered while I was away on vacation as I haven't had chance yet after I returned, and I'm now not sure if I even want to open a box full of problems, to say I'm completely bewildered by all this is an understatement after all the cash I've spent with DJI with this product and the Mavic as I'm sure all of you are,
I just hope DJI remedy these problems asap!
2017-2-13
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

We're all in the same "Lag Boat," give DJI a chance to sort this out, usually this ought to be fixed with an FU, so just try and be positive, go drink some wine and eat some cheese. That's what I am doing !

2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules