Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
13295 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-13 09:12
just received an email from the german DJI support. they told me that some freeze/lagg is normal - big joke

It is because your country will not allow you to have transmissions strong enough to prevent breakups. When I used to use fatsharks, I had a 250mW and a 600 mW transmitter. Guess what? The 250 had lag and break up the 600 did not. It is as simple as that. In your video there was distortion before you were recording. The recording mode does not matter.
2017-2-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I looked at your video again, I thought that it was not recording at first but it was. You do not get lag/break-up when you are not recording what so ever? If you ascend to 400 feet does it still break up while recording in 4K 30? If so that is damn strange.
2017-2-13
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-13 15:58
I looked at your video again, I thought that it was not recording at first but it was. You do not get lag/break-up when you are not recording what so ever? If you ascend to 400 feet does it still break up while recording in 4K 30? If so that is damn strange.

yes only when recording 4K, like every other who has this problem
2017-2-14
Use props
fans7ad6d23d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13507 ft
Mali

Add another frustrated user who has a P4Pro and who has laggy video / broken video when using the DJI GO 4 app and when the bird is 3 metres away from me. Major issue and one that needs to be addressed.
2017-2-14
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-13 15:47
It is because your country will not allow you to have transmissions strong enough to prevent breakups. When I used to use fatsharks, I had a 250mW and a 600 mW transmitter. Guess what? The 250 had lag and break up the 600 did not. It is as simple as that. In your video there was distortion before you were recording. The recording mode does not matter.

Sometimes it is a really good idea to read the whole thread, especially with that many posts in. Your comment has (unfortunately) nothing to do with the problem being discussed.
2017-2-14
Use props
digital
lvl.1
Flight distance : 902441 ft
United Kingdom

Hi:

Im running a Phantom 4 Pro (non+) with an Apple iPad Mini 2 and I have the exact issues mentioned all across this thread. Live video is rock solid when not recording video but recording 4k 60fps its unusable due to the almost constant video feed breakup. I did manage to alleviate the issue by  reducing the bandwidth to 4mbps but I really want to keep it on auto.

Here is a video I uploaded that shows the issue:

@Natalia ... What should I do?

Regards:

John
2017-2-14
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

digital Posted at 2017-2-14 05:15
Hi:

Im running a Phantom 4 Pro (non+) with an Apple iPad Mini 2 and I have the exact issues mentioned all across this thread. Live video is rock solid when not recording video but recording 4k 60fps its unusable due to the almost constant video feed breakup. I did manage to alleviate the issue by  reducing the bandwidth to 4mbps but I really want to keep it on auto.

the video you posted is from the sd card? looks like your card is not fast enough
2017-2-14
Use props
fans747f9a24
lvl.4
Germany

Made a new video today, i think the issue is more obvious this time.  Have a new problem as well. When switching from video to photo mode the signal to the aircraft is completely lost and the screen turns black & white.

2017-2-14
Use props
digital
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-14 09:20
the video you posted is from the sd card? looks like your card is not fast enough

No... the video was the stream the iPad cached, not the SD Card.
2017-2-14
Use props
Beux
lvl.2
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-12 20:54
Doesn't your falcons logo defeat the point of an anonymous proxy?

I can be a Falcons fan anywhere...and everywhere.
2017-2-14
Use props
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IAM WORRIED THAT THERE'S NO FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM ,WILL IT BE FIXED ?
2017-2-15
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Austria

fans747f9a24 Posted at 2017-2-14 09:25
Made a new video today, i think the issue is more obvious this time.  Have a new problem as well. When switching from video to photo mode the signal to the aircraft is completely lost and the screen turns black & white.

Yep, having that too, occasional signal loss when switching between photo and video. But since I have my hands off the controls when I do the switch it is a much lesser problem, as I would just switch from photo to video again and its usually there.

It is still annoying though, I have the unit for a month now and I still cannot record 4K, as I am not doing any filming with a glitchy display. Will ruin the results, hinder the learning and compromise safety.

I really hope we can expect a fix for this soon, this is a major issue. Trying to be patient, but it is not getting easier
2017-2-15
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

lienbacher Posted at 2017-2-15 04:47
Yep, having that too, occasional signal loss when switching between photo and video. But since I have my hands off the controls when I do the switch it is a much lesser problem, as I would just switch from photo to video again and its usually there.

It is still annoying though, I have the unit for a month now and I still cannot record 4K, as I am not doing any filming with a glitchy display. Will ruin the results, hinder the learning and compromise safety.

i dont think that there will be a fix soon. The issue is known for over a month and nothing happens. German DJI support told me this freezes are normal...

there some P4P+ drones wihtout this problem so i think a firmware update will not fix it.

i will withdraw from the purchase agreement and send it back
2017-2-15
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

It sounds like the aircraft, not the controller is the root of the problem. To me it sounds like when the aircraft is recording in 4K it no longer sends out a strong steady radio signal back to the RC.

About my radio control, mine has problems playing back some 4k 30 videos and also the flight simulator doesn't work good I assume these problems are because the processor of the screen is not fast enough. That does not effect my live view while I am flying.
2017-2-15
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Do you have a mirco sd card in the radio control? If so as an experiment try flying without the sd card in the RC. It shouldn't matter but DJI probably tests P4P+s without an sd card in the controller.
2017-2-15
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

DJI come on tell us something. I just paid 750 bucks for a P4P+ RC because this dumb HDMI module is not working on most P4P standard RC. And now if I hit record the videolink breaks down... please what's up with you guys over there. More problems thank fun at the moment.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans8889142a
New
France

Hi, I'm adding my voice to the others.
Exact same downlink problem with my P4P+ : glitches, lag and feed breackups when recording in 4k.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

After a long, and frustrating online conversation, a DJI rep just confirmed to me that 'Level 2 support' and the 'R&D Department' are currently working on a solution to the lagging screen while shooting in 4k.  They have no ETA on when (or if) this will be-- they just said they're working on it.  The conversation was frustrating, since the rep first said they had never had the issue reported.  I sent a link to this thread, and I guess a higher up told him or her that they are working on it.  

I'm hoping it'll be sooner than later, but until then I guess I'll have to stick to HD resolution.  
2017-2-15
Use props
digital
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans80534a2e Posted at 2017-2-15 14:45
After a long, and frustrating online conversation, a DJI rep just confirmed to me that 'Level 2 support' and the 'R&D Department' are currently working on a solution to the lagging screen while shooting in 4k.  They have no ETA on when (or if) this will be-- they just said they're working on it.  The conversation was frustrating, since the rep first said they had never had the issue reported.  I sent a link to this thread, and I guess a higher up told him or her that they are working on it.  

I'm hoping it'll be sooner than later, but until then I guess I'll have to stick to HD resolution.

For anyone experiencing this. My temporary solution is to set the lightbridge bandwidth to 4mbps. This minimizes the breakup to a usable state. I'm running a Phantom 4 Pro (non+).

Can anyone confirm this works for them also?
2017-2-15
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

Wow... incredibly sad story the whole DJI-support-thing. I've bought a Mavic and a P4P+ and I'm sooo disappointed in all the problems I encountered so far (the 4K issue with the breaking video link is of course part of this list). It's not only annoying but als dangerous. We pay a lot of money for not yet finished products and in addition you have to spend a lot of time and money to get in contact with support, get your replacement case or repair case and they are always behaving like you were the only one with the problem.

Hey DJI do you read your own forums? If yes you should be very very concerned... and in my oppinion it's just a matter of time till something really ugly happens and DJI will pulled to court...
2017-2-15
Use props
FishGuy
New

United States

So after emailing DJI customer service, they want me to send the unit back for a RMA repair. No sure what a RMA repair is??? I have read several post that sending back did nothing. Has that changed? Anyone see improvements when sending back?

2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

digital Posted at 2017-2-15 16:54
For anyone experiencing this. My temporary solution is to set the lightbridge bandwidth to 4mbps. This minimizes the breakup to a usable state. I'm running a Phantom 4 Pro (non+).

Can anyone confirm this works for them also?

I found that generally to be true.  Lower transmission rate per m/b the longer range there seems to be.   I do not have issues with the Phantom 4 Pro set up and an Ipad2.  Only the P4pro+
2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

FishGuy Posted at 2017-2-16 05:09
So after emailing DJI customer service, they want me to send the unit back for a RMA repair. No sure what a RMA repair is??? I have read several post that sending back did nothing. Has that changed? Anyone see improvements when sending back?

I was told the exact opposite.  I was told NOT to send it back as they are coming out with a firmware update soon.
2017-2-16
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

I was told to send it in as well,  just received my RMA
2017-2-17
Use props
Quadslo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22129 ft
Slovenia

I had a chance to test new beta FW and I must say that video link now works smooth in 4K!
It looks like it was just a problem with the firmware on the RC Android tablet, because they have updated only RC. (for now)

I only did one flight, but had NONE of the laggy video like before. So I suggest you wait for the official release and don't send back your units...
2017-2-18
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Quadslo1 Posted at 2017-2-18 05:54
I had a chance to test new beta FW and I must say that video link now works smooth in 4K!
It looks like it was just a problem with the firmware on the RC Android tablet, because they have updated only RC. (for now)

It is a very good news. Thank you.
2017-2-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Guess what, I now have this same issue. Flying today in 4k 30 the screen got terrible lag, stutters and image smear while flying and recording in 4k 30. Go figure.
2017-2-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I must have had the issue the entire time, but since 4k 30 is not a favorite fps of mine I just didn't encounter the screen breaking issue while recording. Also when I first start playing the 40k 30 video that I took today, it starts with all green for about a half a second.
2017-2-18
Use props
DHTVPro
lvl.1
United States

Also experiencing the video lag issue. In troublshooting I found that 2.7k  video at 60fps does NOT lag.  It's not good enough for professional work, but better than having to shoot in 1080.
I'm also curious about a work around posted by someone in this forum:

"My temporary solution is to set the lightbridge bandwidth to 4mbps."
Does anyone know how to set/change the bandwidth? I'd like to try it.
2017-2-19
Use props
fansf6a8ca08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2059534 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same Problem and it is showing up in the video too.  looks like the camera is jerking back and forth, either that or the buffer is having problems.  I am using a "SAMSUNG  64 PRO+ micro U3 XC I " memory card.  It has the same problem no matter what card I use.  It gets more Prominent with letting the camera run so it start a second file, in H.264 4K@30fpm, 4k@60fpm, MOV NTSC AWB .
2017-2-19
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Austria

FishGuy Posted at 2017-2-16 05:09

Don't send it back unless you wanna waste time, your unit is fine! It is a software issue.
2017-2-20
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Austria

Ah finally some movement. Any idea when it will be released?
2017-2-20
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Any updates on the FW release?
2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh yah, the beta test?  That's interesting.  They are Beta Testing to fix a problem that doesn't officially assist?
2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DHTVPro Posted at 2017-2-19 11:15
Also experiencing the video lag issue. In troublshooting I found that 2.7k  video at 60fps does NOT lag.  It's not good enough for professional work, but better than having to shoot in 1080.
I'm also curious about a work around posted by someone in this forum:

Go in to your transmission setting under "HD"
Push Custom
Slide your transmission from 10mbs all the way to the left to 4mbs(1.86mi)
Find a Stable Channel.  

Thats it
2017-2-22
Use props
phil0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Live video downlink on P4P+ screen is laggy and does freeze up on occasions. I don't seam to get any issue with the footage from the SD card in the aircraft though.
2017-2-22
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

Screenshot of the "beta firmware" woyld be awesome.
2017-2-23
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-16 03:18
Thanks for your feedback, I'll report it to our engineers and get back to you once i get an answer.

DJI Natalia you know this bug already for a very long time. Sorry but this behaviour is absolutely not okay. Owners of the P4P+ remote paid more and have a RC solutions which is quite not on the level of the standard RC... DJI should REALLY do something to accelerate updates.

Also everybody's got a "drone icon not cnetered on map screen" issue as far as I know... very dangerous in some situations.

Please do something. I always read: "Yes I will report that to the engineers..." but there's no feedback.
2017-2-23
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

Tommy Tenzo Posted at 2017-1-17 06:30
Yes, but its gone in the middle of the ocean now. So I'm just going to purchase a Mavic and wait until DJI gets all of the issues sorted out with the Phantom 4 Pro.

I wouldn't do that... the Mavic has even more issues that's why I swapped to the P4P+...
2017-2-23
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

lienbacher Posted at 2017-1-23 04:23
I am having the very same issue. Frequent glitches and freezes on the live video and video-cache. recorded videos are fine. Frequency does not matter, its the same for 2.4 and 5.8, it also does not matter how far away I am or how many other networks are near. I can be in a place with absolutely no reception or next to my house.

Natalia, from what I read on other forums this basically seems to be the case with every Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote, users have reported switching to the standard remote with an apple device solved their problem. Can you please confirm you still want them all to be sent back in for evaluation?

yes EVERYBODY has this problem. you can reduce it by switching back to 1080p with lower framerates... but DJI HAS to do something... at least give us feedback that it will be solved in the next fw upgrade.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules