P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
13304 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragon Fighter
New
Flight distance : 134386 ft
Argentina

I'm another with these problems affected!
Annoying.
We DO need a FW release soon fixing this and NOT sending back our drones.
We dont need RMAs, we need solutions.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

photoholic Posted at 2017-2-23 06:30
DJI Natalia you know this bug already for a very long time. Sorry but this behaviour is absolutely not okay. Owners of the P4P+ remote paid more and have a RC solutions which is quite not on the level of the standard RC... DJI should REALLY do something to accelerate updates.

Also everybody's got a "drone icon not cnetered on map screen" issue as far as I know... very dangerous in some situations.

Our engineers are working on it now, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We'll let you know once a new firmware released.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans09d6b294
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1032087 ft
Cayman Islands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-23 22:44
Our engineers are working on it now, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We'll let you know once a new firmware released.

DJI Natalia when exactly is this FW update coming? Please don't say any date now. We deserve a definite date not more empty promises to fix known issues on one of your "top of the line" prosumer drones. No updates for 3 months with known issues? seriously?  Having pixilated screens and dropout issues are a serious design flaw, especially since we paid extra for these screens that are giving problems. Can DJI take a break from  developing new drones and fix the ones you have now?
2017-2-24
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

Now i feel much better - lol
2017-2-26
Use props
Sam Photo
New

United Kingdom

I've experienced the odd bit of lagging on the plus, but when I get the footage into the Mac its fine.
2017-2-26
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I think that it is a codec issue on the controller for 4K 30fps. 4k 60fps is okay on mine, just not 4k 30. The 2nd bug is that the video size switches all by itself to 4k 30 when flying in the intelligent modes unless 1) you are already recording when going in to the mode or 2) you change the video size after going in to the mode.
2017-2-27
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

codec issue? the live view should stay always the same, no matter if your recording 4K30fps/60fps ore 1080p30fps.  last week you wrote that you never record in 4K30 fps and now your drone switches in 4K30fps by itself ...
2017-2-27
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the status on this FW update?  It's been another 10 days since we heard an inkling that there might be a fix for this.  I don't even feel the need to add to the laundry list of P4P owners that are experiencing this ridiculous bug with 4K recording/Live view disruption, but it's basically everyone that spent their hard-earned money.
DJI, your loyal customer base deserves much better than this!!  Customer NO service!  I can't believe your entire staff is not aware of the wide severity of this issue and are telling customers to send their hardware back to you, only to get it back with the exact same issues.  How long does it take for you to release a critical FW update to make your products operate the way they were supposed to when you launched them??
2017-2-28
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

i will get my 4 Plus back from "repair" next week. i'm 100% sure that the problem will be not fixed - excited
2017-3-1
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

steuda Posted at 2017-2-27 11:45
codec issue? the live view should stay always the same, no matter if your recording 4K30fps/60fps ore 1080p30fps.  last week you wrote that you never record in 4K30 fps and now your drone switches in 4K30fps by itself ...

Yes, it switches by itself but I change it before recording. And yes I think it is a codec issue with mine. You can test yours too, by recording in 4k 30 then afterwards go to album and play the video. Mine says this type of file is unsupported. Live view is an entirely different thing.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans80534a2e Posted at 2017-2-7 15:06
I have the same problem with the built in screen on the plus model being very laggy (the recorded video is fine).  I sent it back to DJI a few weeks ago, and just got it back with a new controller.  Flew in several locations today, and have the exact same issue everywhere I went.  When I sent it in I wrote a big letter asking them to test it before sending back, and it looks like that was ignored.  I called them today, to see if I could trade it in for a regular Pro model, since both controllers have had the same issue.  They told me there are no trade ins, and to send it back to them again.  The guy on the phone claimed he hasn't had a lot of people with this issue, and offered no solutions.  Very frustrating, as I'll be another 3 weeks without my drone, but I don't see any other options.  DJI, if you're listening, please let me trade it in, or offer a solution.

Very sorry for the trouble, our engineers are concerned much about the case.
To locate where the problem exists, please help confirm the following info:
1. Please connect the remote to a PC and export the cached video from the device.
2.Please export the small video into SD card, you can find it here: MISC->THM->100
Then upload them to Dropbox and post the link here, I'll transfer the files to our engineers again, thanks for your support again.
2017-3-2
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

Is this a joke??? DJI Natalia??? You engineers are working on it for a long time, new firmware will arrive soon and now you're asking us to give you more input? Hello? Who's paying us for doing DJI's job? Shall we collect some money to buy your engineers their own P4p+ so they can examine the case? I can't believe it! This problem is with ANY P4P+... so they can get all the info they need to fix it themselves...
2017-3-4
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

Meanwhile DJI Go 4 for Android has so many cool new features and bugs eliminated it's a pitty... we are really fukced up with our P4P+ RC...
2017-3-4
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57894 ft
United States

So I had the same issue, try this... format the sd card from the dji go app. I did that and did not get any lag after. Let me know.
2017-3-5
Use props
steuda
lvl.4
Germany

Just received my p4p+ from. Dji repair and tested it, same problem - nothing changed. Lovely service/support
2017-3-6
Use props
fans4df30f47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11601217 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

New Update released
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
2017-3-7
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Did they include a fix for the lagging live view? Was the aircraft position on the map view fixed?
2017-3-7
Use props
fans4df30f47
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

The aircraft position is ok now
In the map
2017-3-7
Use props
fans4df30f47
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

Still im not check the live view yet
2017-3-7
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
United States

Found a temp fix... when I format the sd from the dji app it, i get way less lag. But i have to do the format everytime Im going to fly.
2017-3-7
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
United States

Let me know if you still experience the lag when u format the sd card from within the dji app.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans4df30f47
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kuwait

After the new update
The position and the direction is Ok
No lag in the live view regarding 4k 25ps and 4k 48ps
2017-3-7
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

Just updated the drone and controller, and took her for a quick spin.  The live view seems a lot less glitchy now.  My Pro+ was pretty bad before the update, but I just flew recording 4k 30fps with very little lag (in both h.264 and h.265).  Seems to be there just a bit (when I turn fast), but has improved a lot from the previous firmware.  Again, I've only flown it once with this firmware, so I'll report back more if anything changes.  For now, I'd recommend installing the update.  
David
2017-3-9
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those having live view issues with the Plus is your cooling fan running in the RC ?

This should come on up to 5 minutes into the flight and should be noticeable.  
2017-3-9
Use props
fans80534a2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305125 ft
United States

Good news-- I've done some more flying with the Pro+, and the lag has been cut down by 90%, since I installed the new firmware.  Still get a small glitch every now and then (mostly with a quick yaw), but its vastly improved.  I haven't tested everything, but all the resolutions work now at 24 or 30fps.  Funny they didn't advertise this as one of the fixes, because it definitely fixed my controller.  
David
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2017-3-9 13:26
Those having live view issues with the Plus is your cooling fan running in the RC ?

This should come on up to 5 minutes into the flight and should be noticeable.

It depends on where they are, the ambient temperature. Also, the threshold for starting the cooling fan is increased with this FW.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans80534a2e Posted at 2017-3-10 13:07
Good news-- I've done some more flying with the Pro+, and the lag has been cut down by 90%, since I installed the new firmware.  Still get a small glitch every now and then (mostly with a quick yaw), but its vastly improved.  I haven't tested everything, but all the resolutions work now at 24 or 30fps.  Funny they didn't advertise this as one of the fixes, because it definitely fixed my controller.  
David

It's not "fix" , it's , ahem, "optimization", according to engineers.
2017-3-10
Use props
Superbaso
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

i would like to buy a p4p plus with the screen integrated...any issue? Is the lagging problem gone?
2017-6-15
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

digital Posted at 2017-2-14 05:15
Hi:

Im running a Phantom 4 Pro (non+) with an Apple iPad Mini 2 and I have the exact issues mentioned all across this thread. Live video is rock solid when not recording video but recording 4k 60fps its unusable due to the almost constant video feed breakup. I did manage to alleviate the issue by  reducing the bandwidth to 4mbps but I really want to keep it on auto.

It sucks, happens to me either also.. DJI do your job, i cant fly my p4p+ like this, is unsafe, i got vibrates, noise and this problem...
2017-12-12
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

Superbaso Posted at 2017-6-15 22:02
i would like to buy a p4p plus with the screen integrated...any issue? Is the lagging problem gone?

Do not buy anything, we still have the same problem, no fixes, no firmware, until today and DJI seems not to care.
2017-12-12
Use props
Rodion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1778 ft
Sweden

I have same problem P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
I wonder why I didn't see the post before I bought my .
its just 2week now that i open it. plsssss is there anything i can do?
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Rodion Posted at 2018-7-8 10:48
I have same problem P4pro+ with laggy freezing live view
I wonder why I didn't see the post before I bought my .
its just 2week now that i open it. plsssss is there anything i can do?

Assuming you now have the latest version, downgrade the controller to previous version, GL300E_v1360_20180209 and avoid waking up an old thread just to say "Me too".

Best luck
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules