13309 231 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
albertdros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26490 ft
Netherlands

Prop Buster Posted at 2017-1-17 09:55
Natalia - Are you saying all of the people with P4Pro+ who are having this problem need to send their system (aircraft and controller) back to DJI for repair?

This sounds ridiculous by the way. I already returned one because of gimbal issues. Mind you, this one had the exact same problem when recording in 4k. So I'm guessing every single p4p+ user has this problem. Or am I wrong?
2017-1-23
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Netherlands

lienbacher Posted at 2017-1-23 04:23
I am having the very same issue. Frequent glitches and freezes on the live video and video-cache. recorded videos are fine. Frequency does not matter, its the same for 2.4 and 5.8, it also does not matter how far away I am or how many other networks are near. I can be in a place with absolutely no reception or next to my house.

Natalia, from what I read on other forums this basically seems to be the case with every Phantom 4 Pro Plus remote, users have reported switching to the standard remote with an apple device solved their problem. Can you please confirm you still want them all to be sent back in for evaluation?

that would be nice indeed. As Natalia is just saying to everyone to send them back, but it seems everyone with the + version has this problem. A fix is needed.
2017-1-23
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Netherlands

albertdros Posted at 2017-1-23 05:49
that would be nice indeed. As Natalia is just saying to everyone to send them back, but it seems everyone with the + version has this problem. A fix is needed.

And to quote myself: I had 2 , and both had this issue. A friend of mine has the + too, and has the same issue. This looks like a problem for everyone.... You want us to all send them back?
2017-1-23
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

I just tried flying two batteries with 1080 instead of 4K and I did not have a single glitch!
2017-1-23
Use props
Lukyan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

albertdros Posted at 2017-1-23 05:49

Not only + version .. My P4P had a same problem
Hopefully a new one will work better
2017-1-23
Use props
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i have this problem ,but it not so bad when you set camera on 1080 24 sec,and i have found that on the app screen left lower corner the round target thing which i aline my controller with drone  ,places  the drone in the wrong place and the the gets worse over distance
2017-1-23
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The laggy video issue is one that I also experienced with the P4P+. I immediately took the aircraft back to the dealer and swapped it for the P4P. I do not have video lag now... However, I have experienced a host of other problems that I have written about elsewhere on the forum.

So far, I am extremely disappointed and unimpressed with the P4P..... Just too many glitches and problems.
2017-1-24
Use props
early
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15358 ft
United States

Same problem, recorded video looks great,  monitor image scrambled
2017-1-24
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

its not happening on just the pro + it is happening on my pro since the most current firmware also since firmware the camera is perfectly clear then hazy black then clear it must be a firmware glitch
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

First day just happened once. Today it happened a lot, frustrating since cannot track my subject I was recording.
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-14 16:23
Here is my situation with freezing video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/travel-meeting-myself-f5cb36ed-764f-41f1-b696-efe46dbf6341

Great footage screwed by laggy freezong live view
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-14 16:23
Here is my situation with freezing video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/travel-meeting-myself-f5cb36ed-764f-41f1-b696-efe46dbf6341

One question, which format you recorded? 4K? HD?
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-16 03:18
Thanks for your feedback, I'll report it to our engineers and get back to you once i get an answer.

Having the same problem.
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-16 23:18
To locate the issue, may I know it happens to all flights or not?

Mine its not in all flights. Just in the last one.
2017-1-24
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

albertdros Posted at 2017-1-23 05:42
I have the exact same problem! This is getting very annoying. Did any of you guys try in 1080p? The problem goes away. It ONLY happens in 4k. I thought it might have been a video caching issue so turned off video cache, but problem still happens. The files that come out are perfectly fine, but it's impossible to make good movements with these glitches.

Again, ONLY in 4k. Can anyone else test shoot in 1080p to confirm this?

I will do some test tomorrow, today started happened when recording on 4K.
2017-1-24
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine works perfectly... Good luck guys!
2017-1-24
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9602789 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I present problems with my phantom 4 pro plus a lag, and the signal is cut too, I can not update the app to the 4..0.1 I hope you correct that with an update
2017-1-24
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

albertdros Posted at 2017-1-23 05:45
This sounds ridiculous by the way. I already returned one because of gimbal issues. Mind you, this one had the exact same problem when recording in 4k. So I'm guessing every single p4p+ user has this problem. Or am I wrong?

I have the same problem, I hope they will soon release an update
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Atomik films, t Posted at 2017-1-24 18:14
I will do some test tomorrow, today started happened when recording on 4K.

Please keep us posted with your test performance, thanks.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Moises Arias 0 Posted at 2017-1-24 20:19
I present problems with my phantom 4 pro plus a lag, and the signal is cut too, I can not update the app to the 4..0.1 I hope you correct that with an update

May I know what the distance it reached when signal lost?
Since the DJI GO is upgraded together with remote file recently, it cannot be upgraded separately.
We're concerned much about your feedback and have passed the  issue you reported to engineers.
Please fly aircraft in an open place and adjust antennas during the flight.
2017-1-24
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 23:23
Since the DJI GO is upgraded together with remote file recently, it cannot be upgraded separately.
We're concerned much about your feedback and have passed the  issue you reported to engineers.

Natalia, I could isolate the issue to 4K recording on the P4P+. Whenever 4K is enabled, the video link is frequently glitching, regardless environment, frequency, antennas or distance. If I switch to 1080 video link is rock solid.
2017-1-25
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

P4P+ here.  Horrible video downlink, and sketchy range overall.  Lots of signal drops whether in 2.4ghz auto or 5.8 auto.  I'm getting concerned.
2017-1-25
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Netherlands

lienbacher Posted at 2017-1-25 01:51
Natalia, I could isolate the issue to 4K recording on the P4P+. Whenever 4K is enabled, the video link is frequently glitching, regardless environment, frequency, antennas or distance. If I switch to 1080 video link is rock solid.

This exactly. It has been mentioned multiple times. I'm a little bit concerned about DJI not acknowledging the problem. It has nothing to do with antennas or signal, as everything works fine on normal HD and without recording 4k.
2017-1-25
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

One more data point: Happens to me too (P4P+). Even when flying right in front of me (maybe 3 to 5 meters way) the downlink image is lost, extremely laggy, or pixellated.  Once I lost video and GPS at the same time, I need not tell you how scary that was, I got my drone back by miracle.

Hopefully this is fixed via firmware update, it sounds like DJI is getting enough drones back to replicate the video problem.
2017-1-25
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Natalia
Please contact your engineers informs that the problem is solved with an update, I did some tests with 1080p the video and the equipment behaves wonderfully but when it is changed to 4k it has signal loss problem.
2017-1-25
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

Today went back to do some test and the same with 4K. Tried 1080 and works OK. I thinks its the 4K amount of data.
2017-1-25
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Atomik films, t Posted at 2017-1-25 14:06
Today went back to do some test and the same with 4K. Tried 1080 and works OK. I thinks its the 4K amount of data.

any 4k over 30 fps breaks up my video
2017-1-25
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have the p4p+ and im pretty new to drones and have no experience at all with photography or video graphy. Im enjoying learning flying the drone and i ll check this out tomorrow depending on the weather.  i will report back what i get. Ive only flown in 3x and if my memory serves me right. Mine is auto set and im pretty sure i seen 4k and 30. When i was recording i do re call glitches. Fuzzy etc. But no screen loss as such. momentary glitches or kinda slow screen if you like.

As im more into the basics of flying ive not paid too much attention to it.

When its not recording i didnt see any problems.

I will pay more attention to recording and gimbal and give you some feedback. I ll try in 1080 mode and see how that goes.

2017-1-25
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Netherlands

I uploaded another video (as an addition to someone's video on the first page of this topic) to display the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iga1dzv188wk0xz/MOV_0456.mp4?dl=0

the horizon also has a lot of issues and my camera is not pointing completely straight by default. Overall I am not happy.
2017-1-26
Use props
GeneralZaphod
New

United States

I have had mine a week and the first time I fired it up, I had that problem as well.  About half the time it worked and the other half I would get some frames for a while then it would freeze until everything was reset.  It felt like an android issue to me, and since the + is android based it could be.  I am going to try running with my iPhone to see how it behaves.  It is frustrating.  All the SD card videos are fine.  Switching to 1080 as well, but is it the recording rate or streaming rate that is at issue here?  I haven't figured out yet if these are independently switchable values.  Need to play with it and consult the manual.
2017-1-26
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-25 15:10
any 4k over 30 fps breaks up my video

You are saying 4K 24fps works oK?
2017-1-26
Use props
diggum
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with mine both on sd cards and monitor.
2017-1-26
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Netherlands

diggum Posted at 2017-1-26 11:37
I have the same issue with mine both on sd cards and monitor.

DJI pulled the P4Pro+ silently out of their store. Could this be because why???
2017-1-26
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Atomik films, t Posted at 2017-1-26 10:31
You are saying 4K 24fps works oK?

i think it worked in 24 fps, but i will try it when i can fly again !
2017-1-26
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Oh man, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with the P4P+ remote but it's disappointing that it wasn't caught before the controller was released. I currently have a case open to send in my remote only since I was experiencing issues with live view but I haven't shipped it yet. The cached video on the controller shows how bad it is. It's extremely difficult to fly the aircraft with a broken downlink when the screen keeps freezing. Like others have mentioned, it seems to be more apparent during 4k video.

Natalia- do you suggest I continue with my case and send in just my remote or should I wait for news on a fix regarding this issue? Perhaps should I open a new case and send both the aircraft AND controller? This is frustrating and makes it almost unusable if you need to shoot in 4k. Thanks!
2017-1-26
Use props
Atomik films, t
lvl.1

Mexico

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-26 12:38
i think it worked in 24 fps, but i will try it when i can fly again !

sounds great. thank you
2017-1-26
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

albertdros Posted at 2017-1-23 05:45

WOOOO,  I just wrote a big old review about this, you can check it out if you like, but the crux of it is that the monitor doesn't work past about 500ft and then I get the lagging freeze.   CRAP!!!!!!  So this is an everyone problem.!!!!?????  NOOO I wondered why they stopped selling them online.  I wonder if they will offer a recall.
hahah, just kidding (they don't admit errors)
2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When shooting in 4k 60 FPS,  I literally cannot shoot any further then a few hundred feet before getting MAJOR Monitor Issues with my Pro 4 Plus.   I mean, unusable and untraceable it's so bad.  I do not have these issues with my Phantom 4 Pro with iPad.   
It looks like DJI has stopped selling the Phantom 4 Pro Plus Edition on its website.
2017-1-27
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

About 300=500 feet away at 4K/60FPS and maybe 300 feet up.  However sometimes I don't even get that.  Any word?
2017-1-27
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Since this issue seems to appear when one films a 4K video, could it be that the SDHC card writing speed affects the aircraft video-link performance? The writing speed may vary from 10 MB/s to 95 MB/s.

I received with my P4Pro+ a Panasonic SDHC 16 GB card. The writing/reading speeds are not written on it. I tried to compare it with my existing SDHC cards by writing a large file. It seems to be OK. Still I want to buy a really high speed SDHC card, which is definitely 4K ready, and try again.

Another thing I am suspicious about is the outside temperature. In my region it is about -2 Celsius (28 Fahrenheit) now, i.e. below water freezing temperature. Could it be that a cold battery of the craft or/and of the radio controller does not supply enough energy?

I noticed also laggy freezing live view, but sometimes it seems to be OK, and sometimes not. I will pay more attention to it now. Could you, please, indicate what SDHC card, with what speeds, are you using? And what is the outside temperature in your  region?
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules