Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frozen video/pixelated photos
758 16 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rausda27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36926 ft
United States

I flew my Phantom 3 Standard for the first time today.  Followed all recommended procedures.  Flight went fine, no issues.  However when I connected USB cable to my PC (Macbook Pro Retina 2015 model) I was dismayed by the results.  The one picture I took was horrible pixelated, had colored lines in it and distorted.  The video I recorded was fine for the first few seconds, and then the image froze and becaxme distorted.  The timer bar showed the video progressing in playback, but the picture was frozen.  I was able to click on the timeline and found several sections where the playback was okay for 5-10 seconds but the majority of the video was unusable.  I tried converting the file to a 1080P, but it converted with the broken segements in it.  If uploaded to youtube, the same result.  It seems its not a playback hardware (macbook) issue, but the original file is damaged during recording.  I run the most up to date DJI Go app on an iPhone 6S.  My guess its a hardware/software issue with the drone itself, but would love to hear any comments.  I am within the 14 day return policy with the store I purchased it, but I bought DJI care and from my understanding, the serial number cant be transferred on DJI Care?  If i returned this drone and exchanged for a new one, would DJI care apply to the exchanged drone?  I am very happy with the drone itself, but am seriously upset about the video recording issues.  

2017-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where were you coping the files from? You should be using the files on the SD card in the aircraft, not the ones on your phone. In any event, post a short section of the original file on Dropbox and place a link up here so we can see it.
2017-1-14
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-14 18:45
Where were you coping the files from? You should be using the files on the SD card in the aircraft, not the ones on your phone. In any event, post a short section of the original file on Dropbox and place a link up here so we can see it.

I was copying the file straight from the camera to the mac via the USB cable...working on making a short section of the file
2017-1-14
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-14 18:45

here is a video I uploaded to you tube..you can see the worst of it past 1:18...there is another anomaly in the beginning as well..
2017-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-14 19:24
https://youtu.be/cX4S9ThTYtU  here is a video I uploaded to you tube..you can see the worst of it past 1:18...there is another anomaly in the beginning as well..

OK, but in order to evaluate the file, it needs to be the original, not uploaded to Youtube. The reason for making it short is to cut down on the time required to download it.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Just as Geebax mentioned, please upload the original video file from SD card to dropbox or Wetransfer. I'll help to check it.
2017-1-15
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 02:55
Just as Geebax mentioned, please upload the original video file from SD card to dropbox or Wetransfer. I'll help to check it.

OK, I am new to all of this so please be patient.  I have two video files that I transferred to my computer and are no longer on the SD card.  The files are rather large.  How do I cut them short to upload to dropbox?
2017-1-15
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-15 06:12
OK, I am new to all of this so please be patient.  I have two video files that I transferred to my computer and are no longer on the SD card.  The files are rather large.  How do I cut them short to upload to dropbox?

I trimmed the file to a one minute clip using quicktime.  Its 283 MB.  is that okay to send to dropbox?
2017-1-15
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-15 06:17
I trimmed the file to a one minute clip using quicktime.  Its 283 MB.  is that okay to send to dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8537bp ... %20trimmed.mov?dl=0
2017-1-15
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-15 07:44
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8537bpuw2bo46hx/video%20trimmed.mov?dl=0

OK..so I uploaded this file to dropbox..when I downloaded it back to my mac, its representative of the issue...please take a look and let me know what you think!
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-15 07:47
OK..so I uploaded this file to dropbox..when I downloaded it back to my mac, its representative of the issue...please take a look and let me know what you think!

Sorry, we will need to check the original video file without and edit or trim.
2017-1-16
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-16 01:35
Sorry, we will need to check the original video file without and edit or trim.

it was just trimmed..the original is 12 minutes long and a large file..ill see if i can upload
2017-1-16
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

Here is the original file..

https://we.tl/DcSFv0FUXi

2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-16 14:07
Here is the original file..

https://we.tl/DcSFv0FUXi

Sorry for the late reply. I have checked your video.
Do you have another SD card to test with?
2017-1-18
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 02:52
Sorry for the late reply. I have checked your video.
Do you have another SD card to test with?

No, just the one that came installed.  Would you recommend I return the unit under manufacturer warranty?
2017-1-18
Use props
rausda27
lvl.2
United States

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-18 07:07
No, just the one that came installed.  Would you recommend I return the unit under manufacturer warranty?

I am also getting a "strong interference" warning constantly on the DJI GO screen.  I took the drone to a remote rural area with no wifi, cellular or power lines and it was still popping up every few seconds.    I even had my phone in airplane mode to ensure there were no EM interference's.  THoughts?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-18 07:09
I am also getting a "strong interference" warning constantly on the DJI GO screen.  I took the drone to a remote rural area with no wifi, cellular or power lines and it was still popping up every few seconds.    I even had my phone in airplane mode to ensure there were no EM interference's.  THoughts?

Please try to fly in some other places to test.
As for the video issue, I'd suggest you to send it in.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pick up here. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules