A2 and Futaba T8FG
3685 8 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mateusz.hajdzio
lvl.1

Poland

Hello everyone,

I will be buying a DJI A2 in the coming days and just want to make sure about radio transmitter compatibility.

I want to buy a used Futaba T8FG (NOT the Super vesrion) and just want to make sure that this transmitter will be fully compatible with A2. If I update the Tx to firmware v5.0, which enables 14 channels in it, will the full 14 channels be recognized by A2? I will be using the built in A2 Rx.

Thanks for your answers!
2015-2-16
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

The answer is yes
2015-3-2
Use props
sanderson0664
New

United States

I too am looking to buy a Futaba T8FG (Not the Super version). Was curious if you found one and where, and how you like it?
2016-1-20
Use props
sanderson0664
New

United States

I too am looking to buy a Futaba T8FG (Not the Super version). Was curious if you found one and where, and how you like it?
2016-1-20
Use props
jteeple
lvl.2

United States

I have a 8J that has been used  three times for my gimbal operator before i went to LB2 I'll sell it for 200+ shipping  located at 21114 send me PM if interested PP only
2016-2-3
Use props
LordPikaChu
lvl.1

Poland

sanderson0664 Posted at 2016-1-20 22:04
I too am looking to buy a Futaba T8FG (Not the Super version). Was curious if you found one and wher ...

Hey, sorry for late reply. I picked a used Futaba T8FG on a local forum. It is working really fine with the A2's built in receiver so if you haven't picked your transmitter yet I can recommend the T8FG if you don't want to spend money for the T14.
2016-3-7
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34892 ft

Why are all of you avoiding the T8FG SUPER? I have this radio and like everyone else out there im having nothing but problems with the A2 flight controller. Typically I use the 14SG with little to no issues... Except the one fly away. That's right a S900 with the A2. Made the mistake of thinking you can fly these like they tell u to. New location so of course I recalibrated everything. Went to take off and that's all she wrote. This P.O.S started malfunctioning right from the start. It was flying right towards a block wall and I should have purposely crashed it right there. I clipped the FPV camera and now lost all my view and telemetry. I lost sight of it so I gassed it full throttle up to locate it if I was still airborne. I started walking around looking for it and some guys said it had just flew bye and then shot straight up. Im assuming to around 2,000'.i drove around looking for it till I finally gave up. I turned off the radio and went back to gather up my belongings. Then I hea
2019-9-5
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2

Then I started hearing sirens. I almost crapped my pants. Then more sirens. I turned the radio back on and drop e around. All of a sudden I started getting a fuzzy picture. Then clearer and clearer till I stumbled across a group of gardeners huddled around something. I pulled up and asked if anyone had seen a small drone fly bye? 2 guys moved and there it was. I guess it just kept climbing till around 2000' up. When I gave up and turned off he radio it just dropped like a rock landing right in the middle of the Historic Rte. 66. This thing was mangled. Luckily I didn't hit any traffic. DOOOHHH!!!.
   So I then threw more cash away on a new N3 with the. A3 upgrade. No matter what I do it will not talk to the DJI ASSISTANT.  AWESOME, Another P.O.S. and again zero help from DJI.. I NOW HAVE 3 DJI A2 flight controllers that also will not communicate and a brand new N3 paper weight. Im around$2,000 in dead equipment. I recently finally got 1 out of 5 to work but it won't spin the props?
2019-9-5
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2

Then I started hearing sirens. I almost crapped my pants. Then more sirens. I turned the radio back on and drop e around. All of a sudden I started getting a fuzzy picture. Then clearer and clearer till I stumbled across a group of gardeners huddled around something. I pulled up and asked if anyone had seen a small drone fly bye? 2 guys moved and there it was. I guess it just kept climbing till around 2000' up. When I gave up and turned off he radio it just dropped like a rock landing right in the middle of the Historic Rte. 66. This thing was mangled. Luckily I didn't hit any traffic. DOOOHHH!!!.
   So I then threw more cash away on a new N3 with the. A3 upgrade. No matter what I do it will not talk to the DJI ASSISTANT.  AWESOME, Another P.O.S. and again zero help from DJI.. I NOW HAVE 3 DJI A2 flight controllers that also will not communicate and a brand new N3 paper weight. Im around$2,000 in dead equipment. I recently finally got 1 out of 5 to work but it won't spin the props?
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules