A3 won't connect to Assistant 2
10155 23 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there,

I've just installed the A3Pro on my S1000, with a Futaba14SG and R7008SB SBus.  Everything's connected properly according to the manual but when I connect to the assistant nothing happens.  The assistant just stays on the first page, where the round animation shows a USB entering a port.  Also, when I try to log in usng the email and password from my A2 account, it doesn't go anywhere; just stays loading with the email and password greyed out as the little wheel goes around and around.  I've waited 15 minutes and it hasn't logged in.  But it shouldn't need to log in to recognise the A3 unit, right?

I'm running Windows 7, have the latest Assisant 2 from the website and the USB cable isn't faulty (I've tried 5 different ones and 3 different ports) - what's gone wrong?  I've looked for a driver but there wasn't one like there is for the A2.  I've un- and re-installed the assistant twice, tried it on both hard drives and updated all the COMport drivers.  

Please, I'm going crazy here - why won't it connect?

Fair farren,
Draco

2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

FYI, I've tried assistant 2 version 1.0.5 and 1.0.9, no difference.
2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

I seem to have a habit of answering my own posts with solutions...
After updating Windows 7 and all drivers on my computer, I plug the A3 in and it works on asistant version 1.0.5.  I don't know why specifically, it just suddenly worked.  
I've input all the parameters and calibrated the IMUs and GPSs without hassle.  Now I'm trying to calibrate the control sticks on the Futaba... not working... Will reply later with an answer

Ciao
2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Ok, after 3 hours of experimentation and web searching, I've made headway - now channel 7, the mode switch, flickers intermitently between F mode and failsafe, A mode and failsafe, and P mode and failsafe, depending on where I put the three-position switch.  This is the only channel that registers in the Assistant, it won't calibrate or move any other channels on the homepage graphic.  I've tried changing the modes in the R7008SB and 14SG, relinking them, different cables between the rx and A3, channel 8/SBus in Mode B, dedicated SBus in Mode A and B.  When I calibrate, after it's "completed", the channels still don't show up.  
So, all I've come up with so far is -- Why the **** won't the A3 talk to the reciever?!  Sorry, I'm getting tired :/  
Two pix attached, clipped from a screencapture video within a split second of each other so you can see what the asistant is doing...
BTW, I know the R7008SB can talk to the 14SG because I've flown a Walkera with it; besides, the green link light is on.  If anyone out there knows what's causing this, PLEASE, I'm begging you.  Any suggestions are more that welcome...

Fair farren,
Draco

P mode shown channel 7 active

P mode shown channel 7 active

Failsafe shown channel 7 lost

Failsafe shown channel 7 lost
2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Hey all,

I've just tried using physical channel connections, ie plugging chanel 1 from the A3 into channel 1 on the R7008SB via a 3-pin wire, for all 7 channels.  Guess what?  It still doesn't work.  In fact, it doesn't work even more because at least with Mode B channel 8 SBus I got a flicker of channel 7.  Now I got nothin'.  

I've tried calibrating in the Remote Controller page using Sbus, Dbus and LB2 (may as well try them all) and none of them turn out a successful calibration.  They all just say 'confirm' greyed out with the little cirlce going round and round, see attached pic.  It never gets past this stage. I've waited 10 minutes (literally) and nothing has happened.  I'm almost ready to strip the 3D gimble of it's reciever and try  plugging the A3 into that and the T10J to see if it works - almost (it's  a rather involved process).

BTY, all the components show that they are functioning properly.  The MC has a single green light, the IMUs have two and three blue lights; the GPSs have one green light, two and three blue lights.  I was able to successfully calibrate the GPS using the assistant, since I couldn't toggle the mode switch to enter calibration mode, which also meant I had to do the 360 degree turns while attached to the computer via the USB, not an experience I want to repeat!  

Why won't the A3 see the R7008SB?!?

Fairfarren,
Draco

endless calibrating

endless calibrating
2017-1-17
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

In addition, here is a photo of my setup, if anyone's interested... The little battery is powering the A3 without the S1000 main board being live (that's correct, it's not an S1000+).  This doesn't make any difference as to whether or not the A3 sees the receiver, I've tried it with the main battery as well.  The left disconnected XT60 plug is where the PMU would go to power from the main battery, the right disconnected XT60 plug is where the H3-3D gimbal used to get it's power.

top view setup.jpg
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Draco95 Posted at 2017-1-17 23:10
In addition, here is a photo of my setup, if anyone's interested... The little battery is powering the A3 without the S1000 main board being live (that's correct, it's not an S1000+).  This doesn't make any difference as to whether or not the A3 sees the receiver, I've tried it with the main battery as well.  The left disconnected XT60 plug is where the PMU would go to power from the main battery, the right disconnected XT60 plug is where the H3-3D gimbal used to get it's power.

Based on the picture of your set up, are you certain that you have the SBus connection in the proper port? The SBus connection is just a single wire from the SBus port on the Futaba receiver to the SBus port on the far left of the F1 port:
SBus.JPG

All the other wires that are coming off of your receiver are not necessary, and could be causing confusion as the receiver may be expecting communication from the F ports that are not active (unless you have a servo or other 3rd party component connected).
2017-1-19
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Wow, a reply!
Hi Jamie, yes I know the SBus is only one wire and it plugs in on the very left port of the A3 under CAN2.  I've referenced that in all my previous posts.  This picture is not my 'normal' setup, but just another attempt to get the A3 to talk to the Futaba.  Attached is a pphoto of my 'normal' setup, one wire from the Sbus/channel 8 to A3 SBus.  In this configuration, I get a flicker of channel 7, mode switch, see previous post for details.

normal setup Sbus

normal setup Sbus
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Draco95 Posted at 2017-1-20 13:44
Wow, a reply!
Hi Jamie, yes I know the SBus is only one wire and it plugs in on the very left port of the A3 under CAN2.  I've referenced that in all my previous posts.  This picture is not my 'normal' setup, but just another attempt to get the A3 to talk to the Futaba.  Attached is a pphoto of my 'normal' setup, one wire from the Sbus/channel 8 to A3 SBus.  In this configuration, I get a flicker of channel 7, mode switch, see previous post for details.

I'm sorry if this was missed, but have you tried using a different cable when connecting the receiver to the Futaba? I've seen some 3rd party work better than others. Could you happen to provide the other sections of the Remote Controller section, such as receiver selection and the channel mapping section?
2017-1-20
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for the input Jamie,
I have indeed tried other cables between the A3 and R7008SB, a DJI one that came in the A3 box and two that I made.  Below is a pic of the Remote Controller page, with SBUS and Mode 2 selected.
Wait, is there a channel mapping page, like in the good ol' A2 software?

remote controller

remote controller
2017-1-21
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Here is a Youtube video of my setup...

2017-1-21
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

You have't S.BUS mode
Try use S.BUS2 on R7008SB
In 14SG in SYSTEM menu set FASSTest 14CH
in R7008SB set S.BUS (mode B red LED blink 2 times)
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r7008sb-manual.pdf
2017-1-21
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

or on 5:30 min video set

a - 9ch
e-10ch
t-11ch
r-12ch
2017-1-21
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you alikc218, thank you!  Problems fixed!!!

This is how it's done:  In the System menu, I was using FASSTest 12.  It needs to be in FASSTest - 14CH SINGLE G.  The receiver can be in any Mode.  Plug the A3 SBUS cable into the S.BUS2 slot, not channel 8/SBus.  Power on the A3 and connect to the Assistant.  You should see the channels move like they should!  

Thanks again alikc218

channels!!!

channels!!!
2017-1-21
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

2017-1-21
Use props
fans4924068f
New

United States

Draco95 Posted at 2017-1-21 15:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep1yMosLIs

What are your settings for the Futaba 14SG? I have it all linked up but I can't get the motors so spool up unless the throttle is starting at the top. Ive tried everything including the obvious servo reversing both on the TX and in the program.
The video you show doesn't show the same parameters as My Assistant 2 does..I'm using the latest version but there are no options for Mode 1,2 etc. I'm using a Mac.

Feel free to also send me an email M.robbins1816@gmail.com

Thanks for your help!
Michael
2017-2-15
Use props
David G.
lvl.1

United States

fans4924068f Posted at 2017-2-15 17:42
What are your settings for the Futaba 14SG? I have it all linked up but I can't get the motors so spool up unless the throttle is starting at the top. Ive tried everything including the obvious servo reversing both on the TX and in the program.
The video you show doesn't show the same parameters as My Assistant 2 does..I'm using the latest version but there are no options for Mode 1,2 etc. I'm using a Mac.

You always have to reverse channel 3 (throttle) in Futaba radios with electrics because the signal is inverted.

Thanks so much to the OP. I'm just swapping from an A2 to an A3 now (company UAV or I'd think about leaving the A2 on after your trouble). So I'll be experimenting with our 14SG setup as I also need to add Gimbal control. I don't want to carry around the extra 8G radio.
2017-2-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

fans4924068f Posted at 2017-2-15 17:42

Hi Michael,

Can you a little more specific as to what you're program is showing that's different to mine?  So the motors spool, but only with the throttle at the top...  I'd try an ESC calibration if you haven't already, and try leaving the program channels as default and reversing only the radio channel.  You've had a successful stick calibration?

2017-2-17
Use props
fansdcf8b0e0
lvl.1

Russia

Tell me how to configure the A-3 and F / S and the transmitter Futaba T14SG receiver R7008
On the flight Naza V2 tuned, but here I do not know
2017-3-29
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

I am running in to some similar problems you are having.

First off, I plug the A3 in to my computer and DJI Assistant 2 just sits there with the little loading wheel until the cows come home. Tried on second computer... same problem. I got so damn frustrated I just started clicking everything. I have found that every time I plug it in, unless I want to stare at a loading wheel indefinitely, I have to click the firmware update tab first, let the progress bar reach 100% and then I can click on the other tabs. UNBELIEVABLE!! COME ON DJI, FIX THIS!!

Next, I'm running a Taranis X9D Plus using a SBUS receiver. I know SBUS works, because if I plug it into a Pixhawk it works, but for some reason DJI's software doesn't want to recognize it. Surprise, surprise, DJI doesn't want to work with any components that aren't DJI.

Lastly, a lot of the changes I make in DJI Assistant 2 won't write to the A3. For Example, I can put in the maximum flight altitude or correctly configure the airframe type, but when I go to the battery tab and select "Non-DJI Battery" (Max Amps 22,000mah 22.2V), it won't ever save the changes and continues to say "Battery Settings Incomplete"! When I go back to the battery tab to try and re-configure, non of my changes have saved.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe they don't make sure their industrial products are 100% good-to-go before they put them out on the market. I'm about 10 minutes away from calling and asking to return for a full refund and just using the new Pixhawk 2.
2017-4-4
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

This first picture is of the indefinitely loading wheel once connected. You must click the "Firmware Update" tab every single time you connect before it will work.

This second picture is a screen shot of the "Mounting Tab" under Basic Settings. Do you see any options to put in offsets for the mounting positions? I sure don't!

2017-4-4
Use props
arrowflighttech
New
United States

I'm having the same issues. New A3 Pro. Spending hours on what should take minutes. It won't connect. When it does connect, it won't save settings. When it does save settings, it's telling me I need new firmware all over again. This is a bunch of BS.
2017-4-8
Use props
rotormedia
New
Lithuania

Hello,
maybe you can help me.
I am using A3 Pro with Futaba T8FG and R6208SB receiver via SBUS. Before firmware update, everything was ok, bus after i have this problem. Please check video:
2017-6-22
Use props
fansdcf8b0e0
lvl.1

Russia

rotormedia Posted at 2017-6-22 01:28
Hello,
maybe you can help me.
I am using A3 Pro with Futaba T8FG and R6208SB receiver via SBUS. Before firmware update, everything was ok, bus after i have this problem. Please check video:

I was so, need more time to make the calibration of the remote
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules