Mavic Pro serious video problems
7989 29 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

I'm having problems when filming with my mavic. Sometimes video quality is crappy. Here is one excample video. Filmed in 4k 30fps, auto settings.
Outdoor temperature was about 0 degree celsius and no wind. Was flying in tripod mode.

Here is video file straight out of the drone.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30314110/DJI_0022.MP4

Any idea what's wrong?
2017-1-15
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

This looks like my drone footage when I had an "abnormal Gimbal Vibration" this happened after I wrecked my drone. If you look underneath where the gimbal is connected there is a tiny metal hook. Make sure your gimbal is attached to that then try again (I would share pictures but my drone is at the service center in CA). Let me know if this helps it could be a damaged gimbal. Also is your app warning you of anything that is abnormal?
2017-1-15
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-1-15 10:03
This looks like my drone footage when I had an "abnormal Gimbal Vibration" this happened after I wrecked my drone. If you look underneath where the gimbal is connected there is a tiny metal hook. Make sure your gimbal is attached to that then try again (I would share pictures but my drone is at the service center in CA). Let me know if this helps it could be a damaged gimbal. Also is your app warning you of anything that is abnormal?

Gimbal is under that hook. App doesn't give any warnings.
2017-1-15
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Interesting... My footage looked exactly like that when I was getting the warning. It could just be a malfunction in which case you'd be covered under warranty.. I'd have it sent in or maybe someone who works at DJI will see this thread and they might be able to help you. I would also try calabrating the gimbal and do an auto calibration as well that could help.
2017-1-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I actually cannot see anything wrong with the video. If you think it has a problem then mine must be broken because I cannot get video as good as that.
2017-1-15
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-15 20:57
I actually cannot see anything wrong with the video. If you think it has a problem then mine must be broken because I cannot get video as good as that.

Watch it in 4k and full screen.
2017-1-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yeah, I see the glitches, first around 8 secs in, a big one around 28 secs in -- hard to notice unless you are full-screen.
2017-1-15
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-15 22:33
Yeah, I see the glitches, first around 8 secs in, a big one around 28 secs in -- hard to notice unless you are full-screen.

Jep, there are many of them. But why?
2017-1-15
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I see the glitches too, some jelly effect. Might be the 4k... I think pushing further than 2.7 k in this drone is not such a great idea...
2017-1-16
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

I suspect support would recommend resetting the Mavic and reinstalling the firmware. Are you using the original MicroSD card? If not, maybe try recording more video with the originally supplied card to see if that's where the glitches are coming from.
2017-1-16
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-16 08:22
I suspect support would recommend resetting the Mavic and reinstalling the firmware. Are you using the original MicroSD card? If not, maybe try recording more video with the originally supplied card to see if that's where the glitches are coming from.

I'm using the SDcard that came with drone.

So you mean downgrading fimware and then update it again?
2017-1-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Yes I can see the glitches in full screen. Exactly what mine is doing only a lot worse. Guess I will keep watching to see what the answer is. Mine is doing it on 2.7k.
2017-1-16
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Jusba31 Posted at 2017-1-16 09:36
I'm using the SDcard that came with drone.

So you mean downgrading fimware and then update it again?

A factory reset, which is apparently accomplished via the DJI Assistant app, and then a reinstall of the latest firmware seems to be what the support people are recommending for something like this before issuing an RMA and returning your drone for service. Good luck with it.
2017-1-16
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-16 15:35
A factory reset, which is apparently accomplished via the DJI Assistant app, and then a reinstall of the latest firmware seems to be what the support people are recommending for something like this before issuing an RMA and returning your drone for service. Good luck with it.

After reseting everything and made new calibrations. Video looks like this
2017-1-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ok, that's not good. ;(
2017-1-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Has the gimbal mount become unseated? Take a look at the first video on this page: http://forum.dji.com/thread-79186-1-1.html
2017-1-21
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

I also have a very grainy image on 4K @ 30 frames a second. Also when tracking the trees have a jitter effect and it's a clear sunny day so exposure is fine, I even dropped my exposure and it still seems very grainy, I will do further tests and see if the problem continues and will post my findings on the forum
2017-1-21
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-21 16:47
Has the gimbal mount become unseated? Take a look at the first video on this page: http://forum.dji.com/thread-79186-1-1.html

Gimbal looks fine.
That problem is only sometimes. I filmed 10min video and some part of that video looks good and some part has that issue. Can't be any mechanical problem. I have filmed many videos. Some is good and some had that problem. Even in same flight and same settings.
2017-1-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Jusba31 Posted at 2017-1-21 23:08
Gimbal looks fine.
That problem is only sometimes. I filmed 10min video and some part of that video looks good and some part has that issue. Can't be any mechanical problem. I have filmed many videos. Some is good and some had that problem. Even in same flight and same settings.

Worrisome. Was it windy that day? I noticed a glitch similar to that in your first post in one of my videos and would like to understand what is happening.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-22 11:23
Worrisome. Was it windy that day? I noticed a glitch similar to that in your first post in one of my videos and would like to understand what is happening.

There was no wind in those two videos. When I filmed this there was a little bit wind, but not much. That is 1080p/30fps.
Also pictures has the same problem.
2017-1-22
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Try recording a scene at 1080p and see if the jittering persists, If it does not, it could mean the micro SD card is on it's last legs. I had a similar issue with an SD card on my go pro that showed jittering and green artefacts when recording at higher resolutions. It turned out the SD card was at fault and it's write speed was much lower than what it was supposed to be. After swapping out the SD card, everything worked perfectly.  If you have a spare sd card try using that to see if the problem persists.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

enc3phalon Posted at 2017-1-22 12:48
Try recording a scene at 1080p and see if the jittering persists, If it does not, it could mean the micro SD card is on it's last legs. I had a similar issue with an SD card on my go pro that showed jittering and green artefacts when recording at higher resolutions. It turned out the SD card was at fault and it's write speed was much lower than what it was supposed to be. After swapping out the SD card, everything worked perfectly.  If you have a spare sd card try using that to see if the problem persists.

That last video is 1080p.
2017-1-22
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4911 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-15 20:57

I agree, that video looks good,  Mine are horrible,  I just posted one with suttle grayish lines in the lower middle and up
2017-1-22
Use props
airoscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
Canada

I think it's because it's too cold out. I noticed similiar problem but only when it's really cold out like-15C
2017-1-22
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

Nick823 Posted at 2017-1-22 17:00
I agree, that video looks good,  Mine are horrible,  I just posted one with suttle grayish lines in the lower middle and up

You must be blind Watch it in full screen.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Finland

airoscar Posted at 2017-1-22 17:43
I think it's because it's too cold out. I noticed similiar problem but only when it's really cold out like-15C

0 to +3 can't be too cold.
2017-1-22
Use props
truemush
lvl.2

United States

Could be an issue with the micro SD card recording rate. The micro SD cards that come with the drone (writes at 20-30 Mbps) DO NOT record fast enough for 4K video. I recommend an micro SD that "writes" faster then the max video bitrate of 65 Mbps. I've experienced friends with similar issues and were fixed by simply changing to a faster write speed micro SD cards. Just make sure the write speed is over 65 Mbps+ since some micro SD cards only show you the read (transfer) speed not the write.

Here's an example you should be looking for if you record in 4K video: SanDisk Extreme Plus
2017-3-23
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-16 08:22

I agree that at 4K write speed to the memory card could be an issue.
2017-3-24
Use props
fanse8215ba9
New
Flight distance : 344 ft
Norway

I have some glitch-problems too. The glitching is only on the video recorded on the phone, and not on the video on the SD card in the drone. I tried with another phone, and had the same isssue. Anyone that can help?
2017-5-18
Use props
OlderDJIPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118 ft

United States

Why have all the videos been removed???
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules