Farewell Phantom 3 pro/adv
2839 16 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.suasnews.com/2017/01/farewell-phantom-3-pro-dji-discontinue-phantom-range/

True?
2017-1-15
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Do you have the correct link? I'm just seeing a parts store page.

Barney
2017-1-15
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have no idea why it doe that!

https://www.suasnews.com/2017/01 ... inue-phantom-range/
2017-1-15
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Yeah, I think it's time for me to upgrade and try to sell my P3P w/ all accessories. Yikes.
2017-1-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sell out!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-15
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

There is no reason to get rid of a perfectly good Phantom just because the store is no longer selling them.
2017-1-15
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

Ok so i'm going to comment on this topic because it's just happened one day. Sure Dji could have sent up hot air balloons and made it known to everyone. While they were getting ready to tell us all in their own sweet time, I had just purchased my 2nd P3Pro. It came in a nice hard case with lots of  extra unused batteries, a setup similar to what I already own. I see plenty of parts out there which makes me believe i'll be flying them for a long long time!   So if you own one of these awesome ac keep flying and enjoying it, if it breaks we will find a way to fix it.  
   I know that some might just trade up to a P4Pro or Mavic and I was also tempted but seems like the smoke hasn't cleared yet.

2017-1-15
Use props
Rabid Ron
lvl.1

United States

There are a lot of products that have been discontinued but that doesn't mean the product is dead.  There are a lot of 3rd party vendors/manufactures who can and will fill in the vacuum left by DJI.  Look at the Volkswagen whose future was sealed by corporate; yet it continues on to this day.  Personally I know the WWII Willis jeep, I have one for restoration, and there are  plenty of new made parts to rebuild and some original  parts to rebuild to original specs.  I guess you could say it is an act of resistance in the market place.  The DJI Phantom can carry on for a long time with the parts (motors, controllers etc. being off the shelf items.  As for the entire body that can get smashed up, someone will manufacture the body, even out of carbon fiber (hint,, hint ) without patent infringement issues.  So fly on those wonderful Phantoms.
2017-1-18
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think the biggest point people are trying to get over is that DJI failed to make any announcement prior to stopping selling the product, or discount it as it drew close to them stopping it. People bought it one day, totally unaware that tomorrow it was being discontinued. I know they are a business and have profit margins etc, but this was corporate money grabbing at best.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Just because a product is discontinued doesn't mean it will be supported any less. The Phantom 3 P/A are as good now as they were before they were discontinued.
2017-1-18
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

Bought and flown with P3P since it was released, loved the drone, hated the support.
Software + Firmware updates has been a pain, with failures and electronic repairs on the drone and the rc.
In the beginning i could fly several kilometers at a very high altitude and return without any problems, smooth streaming video.

but as the firmware versions progressed both the connectivity between the RC and the drone has gone down.
I'm getting connection loss at very short ranges now, maybe 150meters, and getting terrible video feedback.

My next drone will not be a DJI, they failed to support me during this initial critical phase, but I also learned a lesson.

GG, DJI..  Loved my phantom 3 pro, but you keep screwing the product, making it worse and unsupported (at least that is my experience)
2017-1-18
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-18 11:14
Just because a product is discontinued doesn't mean it will be supported any less. The Phantom 3 P/A are as good now as they were before they were discontinued.

No one is disputing that the support for the pro/adv will continue, but for how long and with what time scale of warning. If it is anything like the sudden discontinuing of the pro/adv then yet again there will be many disappointed customers. DJI can keep reiterating on how good these products are, but that doesn't distract from the issue of not giving potential customers an informed choice of buying a P3 pro/adv yesterday only to find that it is discontinued today when they could have used extra savings and with an informed decision bought a Mavic or P4 instead. But then I suppose we are just the cash cow to keep the books healthy! 'customers just given too much credit by other companies, bleh'
2017-1-18
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

So, I can get a Phantom 4 cheap now, sweet!

http://www.wetalkuav.com/phantom-4-discontinued-production/

Hi Dealers
This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.
DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.
The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

DJI Phantom 4
The Phantom 4 production is terminated. We still have some stock left.
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional
The Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional production is terminated.
Phantom 4 Pro and Pro Plus
Once DJI get the Mavic Pro production sorted out, the consumer drones will be limited to the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-18 12:21
No one is disputing that the support for the pro/adv will continue, but for how long and with what time scale of warning. If it is anything like the sudden discontinuing of the pro/adv then yet again there will be many disappointed customers. DJI can keep reiterating on how good these products are, but that doesn't distract from the issue of not giving potential customers an informed choice of buying a P3 pro/adv yesterday only to find that it is discontinued today when they could have used extra savings and with an informed decision bought a Mavic or P4 instead. But then I suppose we are just the cash cow to keep the books healthy! 'customers just given too much credit by other companies, bleh'

I hear what you're saying.

How would you imagine a better way of announcing the discontinuation would be? Wouldn't any type of announcement leave the people who purchased just before it was made unhappy? It seems there will always be customers unhappy that they purchased an item just before it's discontinued regardless of announcement type.
2017-1-18
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-18 12:35

How would you imagine a better way of announcing the discontinuation would be? Wouldn't any type of announcement leave the people who purchased just before it was made unhappy? It seems there will always be customers unhappy that they purchased an item just before it's discontinued regardless of announcement type.

Had DJI announced, say 2-3 months prior that the P3 pro/adv was going to be discontinued as a production quad but support was going to be continued for at least 2 years, added a bit of a discount to sweeten the deal, then I may have been tempted as a P3S  (mid December 2016) buyer to spend that little bit more and get a pro/adv at that discounted rate. Knowing and being informed that support will not be affected for at least the time specified. I wouldn't have been unhappy by having that announcement and the information available to make that choice as an informed customer. I don't believe that there are a great deal of buyers who have the pro/adv that bought one in the last month or two that would be a vocally dissapointed customer had an announcement been made either. It is a matter of information and transparency.
2017-1-18
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-18 12:35

I understand the need to streamline your inventory of models, and so that makes me want to ask.

Will DJI send out emails on the mailing list when they will have a blow out sale of the discontinued  inventory?

I for one, want to be able to buy the discontinued stock DJI has left (at a discount of course)
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-18 12:58
Had DJI announced, say 2-3 months prior that the P3 pro/adv was going to be discontinued as a production quad but support was going to be continued for at least 2 years, added a bit of a discount to sweeten the deal, then I may have been tempted as a P3S  (mid December 2016) buyer to spend that little bit more and get a pro/adv at that discounted rate. Knowing and being informed that support will not be affected for at least the time specified. I wouldn't have been unhappy by having that announcement and the information available to make that choice as an informed customer. I don't believe that there are a great deal of buyers who have the pro/adv that bought one in the last month or two that would be a vocally dissapointed customer had an announcement been made either. It is a matter of information and transparency.

Thanks for the input. There may have been some ways to soften the "blow", but anytime a product is discontinued, some users who purchased right before any type of announcement will be disappointed.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules