Trains on Cienega Bridge
745 9 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

I have only had my P3S a couple weeks and it is awesome! I wanted to see if I could put together a decent short video. Not great camera work or editing, but I think it is still fun enough to watch. My wife liked it, anyway.

The music is used legally under their Youtube license, so don't worry!

This was made with movie maker but I am interested in finding a better video editor for PC that can do reverse clips and has lots of speed choices. I tried Filmora but the fast forward choices are too limited - no choices between 1x and 2x speed.  Anyway, I am interested in hearing back if anyone is using a good video editor that is not too expensive than can do reverse and has small speed choice increments.
2017-1-15
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Have a look at Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free & has a lot of advanced features with plenty of YouTube tutorials.
2017-1-16
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

First off, great filming!  Did you shoot it in DLog?  I do believe in Movie Maker (I did a quick youtube search for "movie maker color correction" and found some tutorials) you can do color corrections/grading to bring out more emphasis in the video.  Not saying that it needs it, but it would be fun to see the difference.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.
-Dan
2017-1-16
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Awesome video, nice and wide open space to fly and shoot!!
2017-1-16
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-16 02:48
Have a look at Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free & has a lot of advanced features with plenty of YouTube tutorials.

Thanks for the info, I just downloaded it and will try it out, it sounds promising.
2017-1-16
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Good video
2017-1-18
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I've flown from that parking lot a couple of times myself! Haven't managed to get much train footage, though.

Great job!
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Great to hear you're having fun with it. I'm sure with practice you're videos will get even better. Nice job overall.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Nice video. I'm impressed that you were able to do this with Movie Maker. I had used the very first version many moons ago. It was nice but it didn't offer some features that I wanted. I currently use Magix Vegas Pro 14.
2017-1-18
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Thanks for the praise, comments and suggestions. It was shot just with the DJI Go app and then edited in movie maker. I will try the editors you all mentioned so thanks for the suggestions. It was a (rare) cloudy day so the color did not pop. I would like to have the option of adjusting the color more. Here I made no adjustments at all.  That train under / over intersection is pretty busy so it isn't hard to get some shots if you are willing to hang out for a couple hours. I almost got them crossing each other but the long one coming from the north was a little slow. I will say the DBS antenna mod has made flying way more fun because I don't lose signal any more unless I am way out. It is very directional, but I am getting used to pivoting toward the drone as I fly.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules