Litchi recording format
3312 15 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New York Giants
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334774 ft
United States

I'm using litchi for the first time doing some trial waypoint mission however when I attempt to play recording back it show on sd card that it recorded in MOV. & when I attempt to play it back it says "unsupported format" I have tried to change it to all 3 settings in the litchi app(jpeg, RAW, & JPEG/RAW) . Can someone tell me what to do to get my recorded videos to play?
2017-1-15
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

jpeg, RAW, & JPEG/RAW: these are picture, not video formats. so they wont change anything concerning your video recordings.

video u have two choices container-wise: .mov or .mp4.

i couldnt find the switch for the h.264/h.265 codec in litchi yet. i assume its not implemented yet. you can easily check with dji go4. whatever codec you switch it to in go4 will be used in litchi. i tested that.

so, if you are on mac try .mov h.264, pc try .mp4 h.264. since many people are experincing problems with the h.265 codec.
2017-1-15
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

http://courses.phantomfilmschool ... chool-sample-course
2017-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

.MOV format is primarily a movie format for Apple products, if you have a PC it might be better to record in .MP4 mode.
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

Okay thanks for that info but im not seeing in the litchi app the option to change it to MP4 i only see options JPEG and RAW
2017-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 14:51
Okay thanks for that info but im not seeing in the litchi app the option to change it to MP4 i only see options JPEG and RAW

I don't use Litchi, but normally you have to select the movie camera icon instead of the still camera icon, then the menu contents are different.
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 14:51

The settings are the same in Litchi as in the DJI GO app. There's a button on the right you push to toggle between camera and video options - then you simply select which format you want to save in. You're currently seeing the photo options.

Saying that, a PC should have no issues playing .mov, but then you may not have Quicktime or something which plays that format loaded (I use VLC). Regardless, I prefer .MP4 format regardless.
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

Okay with that being said i downloaded VLC & the videos will play using VLC, however in litchi app i dont see option to put it in MP4. format only RAW, JPEG, & JPEG+RAW
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 16:08
Okay with that being said i downloaded VLC & the videos will play using VLC, however in litchi app i dont see option to put it in MP4. format only RAW, JPEG, & JPEG+RAW

It's the slider (#8) that toggles between photo and video mode. Then just change 'video format' (under #13). But you need the P4 craft to be connected...
p3_general.jpg
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

Okay great directions but thsts just what i been doing but the only option it give is JPEG & RAW no option for MP4 format
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 16:42
Okay great directions but thsts just what i been doing but the only option it give is JPEG & RAW no option for MP4 format

OK. Then I don't know what's up - the slider definitely toggles for me. Does it work at all? When you use the slider the image on the large button in the middle of the right side (#9) changes from a video recorder to a camera...

Without going back in this thread (and the other I note you posted), I assume that you've tried to uninstall the app and re-install? Sure that's typical advice from the 'IT Crowd', but I have to ask. Failing the above, I'd definitely raise with VCTech - I don't see any of this behaviour.
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

Yes when i slide the toggle switch it changes video recorder to camera fine but i have not tried uninstall & installing again. If i do that will i try to charge me again for the app?
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 17:39
Yes when i slide the toggle switch it changes video recorder to camera fine but i have not tried uninstall & installing again. If i do that will i try to charge me again for the app?

No. Not if you're doing it logged in with the same ID (your Apple store ID for iOS, and I think your Google account id for the Play Store).
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

I just found the MP4 format. Its settings (top rght corner), then choose camera, then video format. Thanks for all the help from my fellow pilots. #flysafe
2017-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

New York Giants Posted at 2017-1-15 18:01
I just found the MP4 format. Its settings (top rght corner), then choose camera, then video format. Thanks for all the help from my fellow pilots. #flysafe

Cool! Good to hear.
But those settings aren't there in the iOS version (which is what I was going by, along with the image I nicked from the Litchi site). You're using the Android version, so for my own sanity I'm just going to have to check that when I get home now - I use both versions...
2017-1-15
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
United States

Ok cool we are here to teach & learn from each other
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules